Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

I got mine today!:D

Shipping speed: Acceptable... China to Canada ( ordered 28oct and got it 10nov)
Packing: Excellent, Dual cardboard box and bubbles etc
Unit conditions: Clean, no unthightened screw, just loosy pcb
Working condition: Pretty good. the green is a little missaligned with the rest, but i can tolerate.

Overall opinion:

I connected it and played with. ( I had in mind the few video i saw of it on youtube) but my own impression with my unit is far better than i expected.. at least for a product of 270$ shipped ( no tax no duty fee!) The power seem enough to give good visual output on most conditions.
I was impressed bu the angle it can cover!!... I projected it in my garage ( 15 x 30' and with the white wall and the projector centered on the wall in front of me, the beam was covering also the sidewall, giving a kind of good immersion into the graphics... the 3D impression is good too.

The only thing i would appreciate is that on the sound mode, that the transitinos and the speed of the moving figure could be adjustable... the pattern size is adjustable but not the speed ( rythme) so if you project with a slow song, the auto mode seem a bit too quick to match the song... but thats a detail as well.

I used odor free silicon to fix the loosy pcb inside to avoid them to unsolder . The X and Y amplifier TDA2030 board was loosy.

The 4o pin chip have a white sticker label with 15K Lck on it.. i guess it's for 15K scanners?

I saw a picture of someone else 500RGB of LPF with the chip label with 10K LcK:thinking:

I also ordered the RGB500 wich is a really similar model except that it is 300mW blue laser and 20K scanners. It should arrive soon, i ordered it two days after the 500RGB.

I will search on this forum to get the best deal on ILDA interface and laser show software.. i saw spaguetti wich seem a good alternative to the pangolin $$$ software.

Personally i would rate this laser projector to 90%. At that price, this is an unbeatable deal!!

Doc

I got mine in about the same time frame, maybe slightly faster...
Packaging was the same for me.
If you put it in sound mode it adjusts the speed for you, audo mode is completely random... The only thing with sound mode is the MIC sucks so it won't pick up the sound properly unless your audio source is like an inch from the mic playing full blast.

I had the chip labeled 10k... Probably almost everything you find on the internet about this projector is by me... Before I reviewed it there wasn't a single piece of info, video or pic of the projector online. The only way to know how fast the galvos are is to test them with an ILDA interface.

I agree with your rating this is a great unit.

Spaghetti or LSX is decent software. I got into a bit of an argument with the guy that wrote Spaghetti so I stopped using it and ended up switching to Pangolin which is amazing BTW but yeah Spaghetti is decent software is you don't mind that the guy that wrote it is a bit looney tunes... It does crash sometimes and has some bugs but it's not terrible by any means.

I have never tried LSX... I would avoid sound card DACs if you can just due to the sheer trouble of getting them to work with your computer... They work great once you get them setup with your machine but you may end up spending a week trying to make it work just due to random windows problems.

Xer0

Sounds like your having bad luck with it... I just got mine ready to go from Adam.

bad luck... nah, it was not bought build. i soldered it on perfboard from an modified design which uses only 1 trimpot per channel. worked great last time i used it... 2 years ago xD then after some rude storage the wires got off

but anyway, i soldered the wires on again yesterday, have to connect the gnd pin to the flat cable again (ripped off). and then recalibrate everything in windows. that's what really picky and i want to get a real frame based DAC ;)

Last edited:
So far I'm impressed with Quickshow... I already made my first show and converted a few others... The hardware was plug and play unlike the SC DAC and it worked perfectly the first time! I'll probably write more about it later..

Update on my projector.

Ordered mine on the 25th and no sign of it yet:yabbem:

I got on Dino Chat and all they would say is "Please no worry" I paid for DHL shipping and all their silly extras thinking it would speed it along...wrong!

They shipped it EMS and the tracking number shows Express Mail International® Processed Through Sort Facility November 01, 2011, 8:43 pm SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP as of this morning. Lady on chat told me EMS was a free upgrade....gee thanks

Maybe I'll get it this week:undecided:

I did get this nice photo from them:

312218_229785603752270_100001624957728_819038_106684195_n.jpg

Last edited:
Update on my projector.

Ordered mine on the 25th and no sign of it yet:yabbem:

I got on Dino Chat and all they would say is "Please no worry" I paid for DHL shipping and all their silly extras thinking it would speed it along...wrong!

They shipped it EMS and the tracking number shows Express Mail International® Processed Through Sort Facility November 01, 2011, 8:43 pm SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP as of this morning. Lady on chat told me EMS was a free upgrade....gee thanks

Maybe I'll get it this week:undecided:

I did get this nice photo from them:

312218_229785603752270_100001624957728_819038_106684195_n.jpg

I ordered mine on 10/23/11 and no sign of it yet

Did you try contacting them?

Wow all I got was a picture of the box... You got a free hot chick with your projector :p

Yes, they said if it is not here on the 25th, we will discuss "compensation." I responded that if it is not here on the 25th, I want a replacement sent, and they apologized, and disconnected the chat. I will have to make sure to keep an eye on the 45 day PP dispute window.

Yes, they said if it is not here on the 25th, we will discuss "compensation." I responded that if it is not here on the 25th, I want a replacement sent, and they apologized, and disconnected the chat. I will have to make sure to keep an eye on the 45 day PP dispute window.

Not always the best customer service... hopefully it shows up OK... did you get your tracking number already?

Not always the best customer service... hopefully it shows up OK... did you get your tracking number already?

I did. Look one page back. You found some good info for me on Google for me. Tracking hasn't changed since I posted. :beer:

EDIT: Were you talking to COCONUTS?

Last edited:

I just put the date on my calender of 40 days from the 25th so I can open a dispute with paypal if needed.

I can't see how everyone has had good luck until my order!

It has to showup sometime this week.

But what was the sense of all these extras and the premium shipping just to find out it shipped EMS and the tracking stops (in my case) 12 days ago in China??????????:thinking:

Last edited:
I just put the date on my calender of 40 days from the 25th so I can open a dispute with paypal if needed.

I can't see how everyone has had good luck until my order!

It has to showup sometime this week.

But what was the sense of all these extras and the premium shipping just to find out it shipped EMS and the tracking stops (in my case) 12 days ago in China??????????:thinking:

• Processed Through Sort Facility, November 04, 2011, 1:43 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
  • Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
  • Processed Through Sort Facility, October 31, 2011, 8:50 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
  • Acceptance, October 31, 2011, 7:09 pm, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Mine is similar, it is stuck, just not in the same spot

Hrm that's really weird... Hope everything works out for you guys... I have had weird shit like that happen to me but it usually ends up showing up after 3 or 4 weeks after shipment.

Hrm that's really weird... Hope everything works out for you guys... I have had weird shit like that happen to me but it usually ends up showing up after 3 or 4 weeks after shipment.

I had a DX package not show up after 40 days, and they sent another one. The other one came, then almost a year later, the other one came.

This time, I am pi$$ed though, because I paid for UPS not this USPS crap.

Last edited:
I had a DX package not show up after 40 days, and they sent another one. The other one came, then almost a year later, the other one came.

This time, I am pi$$ed though, because I paid for UPS not this USPS crap.

Yeah Dino has been kinda dropping the ball on proper shipping lately... I dunno whats wrong with them... Everyone selected and paid for real shipping... I got mine sent via DHL...

Here is mine i quickly tested yesterday after i repaired my fog machine pump.

My RGB500 laser shold arrive soon so i will compre with the 500RGB and will post the differences

Doc

Yeah Dino has been kinda dropping the ball on proper shipping lately... I dunno whats wrong with them... Everyone selected and paid for real shipping... I got mine sent via DHL...

USPS says

Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service.

While investigating the tracking on your express item, it shows that it is in the international service center, and being processed thru customs. As soon as the item clears thru the customs department, it will be on its way for delivery at your residence.

I wonder if customs took it :(

Last edited: