Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review on "My" Wickedlasers Spyder S3 Arctic (Lots of Pictures and Videos)

Hey ALL,

This a Review on "MY" Wickedlasers Arctic Spyder S3 Pro and my Experience with Wickedlasers. :)

First let me start off by saying i am very HAPPY with the laser. With that said lets go on.:wave: I ordered the Arctic on June 17 2010 and received it on Nov. 24 2010, right before thanksgiving.:D I dont know if that means anything.:) Anyways It was a long wait but iam glad i dint cancel my order only because the Host is Sick. That is the main reason why i wanted the Arctic for. A week after i ordered My Arctic i had a DIY build in Progress, so i was not bugging out to get the laser.

I also want to mention my situation why it took so long to get to me. To make a long story short what happened was i guess after 1 month of my
original order they did not charge my card because of all the delays wickedlasers was giving for the arctic so my Credit Card company put in
a note to Expire the payment. So from around July 15 they Expired the payment and like a dummy i did not check my statements until it started
to get closer to the beginning of November.:scowl: So i contacted wickedLasers through email and i got a very nice person that helped me through the hole
process of re submitting the payment witch was on Oct 28 all the way until i got my laser.:wave: Witch i could not believe the help i was getting.:eek: They
Must of stepped there game up or it was my kindness that got me the Help. I was alls taught that being nice will get you further in life so i took
that route rather then being an A$$.:) Now i am speak for myself but this was not my first laser so i basically forgot about it just like i do when i
order stuff from overseas. It helps pass the time. But 5 months is very excessive IMO.

Now thats out of the way lets get into the laser itself. The Arctic has come a long way since the first run of G1 and early G2's. I have not had
any problems with anything that came with the laser except for the protective laser goggles witch are horrible. Lucky for my i have another pair that work Awesome.:)

My Arctic came with only 1 tiny tiny little dent where you screw the tall cap on witch is not noticeable unless you are looking for it."I could not take
picture of it camera dint pick it up". The G2 that i got has the shiny finish to it witch i really like. Does not leave finger prints or smudges on your
laser witch is a plus in my book.:) The threads on the laser are nice and smooth and well machined. The body is aluminum and dissipates the heat to thepoint where there is no heat when leaving the laser on for long period of times."In High mode or Low". So over all the body has a Very Solid fell to it. It also is a lot thick and longer then i expected, witch is not a bad thing IMO.

This brings me to the smart switch. I like it.:) Alot of people dont like it because its extra steps to do, but i have it down perfect where iam almost as fast as clicking an on/off switch.:na: The pulse modes are awesome when outside in your back yard. I wish it was slower to make it look like its shooting a laser bullet out.:evil:

The Modes are as fallow:
First power the laser on with the tail clicky.
Then after putting in the main code that turns the laser on Low Pulse Mode.
From there you can either go to Low power mode or High power pulse.
If you go to Low power mode from there you can go to High power mode.
But if you stay on low pulse mode you can go to High Pulse mode.
Holding the smartswitch down in any mode for 5 seconds it turns off.

My Arctic is 758mW."LPM video below" I can live with that as iam more a beam viewer then burner and did not expect it to be 1 Watt.:) The divergence of My laser is 1.5142 mRad. So it is what its advertised at.

So Overall iam Very Happy with My laser and glad i got it. Very well made. Solid and Sexy looking.:drool: I can only speak for my laser and my experience with WickedLasers.

The Only Regret I Have Is Not Ordering The Expanded Lens Kit:cryyy:I wish i Ordered it at that time.

Now for the Pictures. Enjoy

Everything that you get. "Basic"
678_0648.jpg

Manual.
678_0660.jpg

OK. These safety goggles are Horrible. They block nothing. I can still see the beam with them on.LOLZ
678_0659.jpg

The training lens is on the Left and the High power lens is on the Right.
DSC04686.jpg

Extra Sticker.
678_0666.jpg

Battery and Charger. The battery is a Sanyo brand 2250mah. The charger unlike others is still working great for me. I have also charged other sells in it to make sure its OK, But still kinda shaky on using it.:shhh: I have my own charger other then this one.
678_0652.jpg

Here are a Picture of all the cells that i have available to me at the moment that fit in the Arctic Just fine.
From Left to Right:
Sanyo 18650 2250mah , AW 18650 2600mah protected , Sony 18650 2600mah ,Sanyo 18650 2600mah."I have more cells coming will update.":)
DSC04677.jpg

Very thick and Hefty laser. Witch i like.:)
DSC04635.jpg

This is a Large laser. Look at the size of it. It feels so beastly in your hand.
DSC04636.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04545.jpg

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

DSC04596.jpg

DSC04561.jpg

Tail Cap.
DSC04671.jpg

Inside the battery holder.
DSC04675.jpg

My Arctic is Cool.:cool:
DSC04651.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

DSC04746.jpg

Arctic on the Left DIY 1167mW 445nm laser on the Right.
DSC04532.jpg

From Left to right:
DIY 1167mW 445nm, Arctic , 201mW Red 650nm.
678_0801.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

Arctic on the Left DIY on the Right.
2.jpg

Arctic on the Left DIY on the Right.
DSC04738.jpg

Nothing like Having some 445nm for lighting.:evil:
678_0515.jpg

3.jpg

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

DSC04748.jpg

Arctic on the Left DIY on the Right.:san:
DSC04703.jpg

LPM Test:

Showing High Pulse mod. With Night Sky.

Some more Beam shots with my DIY 445nm laser. "Arctic is on the Left":)

More Cool Beam."Sorry a little shaky"

Iam working on a really Good Beam one Right now.;)

:thanks: For Looking.

Last edited:

Re: Review on "My" Wickedlasers Spyder S3 Arctic (Lots of Picutes nd Videos)

5 month shipping time?

i noticed the warning sticker says it complies with fda except for notice no. 50. From what i can tell that "notice" pertains to safety standards, ie: the glasses that don't work.

ZapU

Nice review. +1

You can get another 100mW out of it with a Jayrob 405-G-1 lens. ;)

5 month shipping time?

i noticed the warning sticker says it complies with fda except for notice no. 50. From what i can tell that "notice" pertains to safety standards, ie: the glasses that don't work.

Yea 5 Months is very long time to wait for it, Do not take my situation as all laser are received around 5 months. The reason why it took that long because my card expired the payment and i was a sitting duck thinking that wicked had Missed my order. I would have gotten it back in the first week of Oct or even soon as i did have a very early order number. Iam not sure what the acutely make payment to acutely receiving the laser is now.:)

Nice review. +1

You can get another 100mW out of it with a Jayrob 405-G-1 lens. ;)

Thanks Buddy, Na. Iam going to leave it the way it is. Dont want to scratch it up.:p But thanks for the tip.:beer:

Re: Review on "My" Wickedlasers Spyder S3 Arctic (Lots of Picutes and Videos)

Hey All,
Just tested a few more cells to see if they will fit in the Arctic G2 and they dont.

I just recieved these cells Right Here in the Mail today::)

DealExtreme: $7.93 TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery (2400mAh 2-Pack Gray)

Also i found in my battery jar that i had an old cell of these batteries Here that i also wanted to test if they would fit.::)

DealExtreme: $9.57 TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)

They are both protected cells and guess what they dont fit.:( So what i believe is the problem is the button top is what is causing them not to fit.

I would say that if you have protected cells that so not have a button top, they will most likely fit in. But if your cells have a button top like in the pictures above i dont see them fitting. So you are correct.:)

So if you want to use protected cells get ones without a button top.:beer:

Hmm, I got a green cell, not red :S

I also have a minor anodizing defect at my tailcap around the brass part. Just noticed yours is perfect aluminium.

I have removed a little optic piece from the 100% cap, leaving it windowless. Much better that way now.

See link to my review in my signature. You will see that I use some red cells I got from a friend who got them from a laptop battery pack. Works great for me.

Hmm, I got a green cell, not red :S

I also have a minor anodizing defect at my tailcap around the brass part. Just noticed yours is perfect aluminium.

I have removed a little optic piece from the 100% cap, leaving it windowless. Much better that way now.

See link to my review in my signature. You will see that I use some red cells I got from a friend who got them from a laptop battery pack. Works great for me.

Hey Nice Review.+1

The Arctic that i received its 100% lens cap has less then 10mW lose when on, so there was no need to mod or remove it.

If you just got yours recently i dont know why you got the Green Cell.:confused: I thought they switched to the Sanyo cells a wail back.

Yea i have some Sony cells from an old laptop battery, they are the Green ones in my picture above and there sweet 2600mah. I also have some more laptop batteries "Panasonic" that i have not taken apart yet to extract the cells but its a fairly new battery pack that has 8 18650 cells in it.:beer: They are not the 2900mah ones but if i can remember there 2200mah.:)

Those Red cells that you are using are they Sanyo.?

Last edited:

Those Red cells that you are using are they Sanyo.?
Thanks for +rep

No idea what brand are those. Nothing is written on them at all.

Hey, :D

Some more Beam shots:

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04819.jpg

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04824.jpg

DSC04826.jpg

:cool:

Re: Review on "My" Wickedlasers Spyder S3 Arctic (Lots of Pictures and Videos)

Nice review!

Last edited:
Re: Review on "My" Wickedlasers Spyder S3 Arctic (Lots of Pictures and Videos)

Why did you get an artic. there are laser that are cheaper come faster and are real 1 watt. It is cool but you could have got something better.

Look at his sig, he's got quite a few lasers.. The arctic host is unique, and there aren't many lasers around that you can switch modes.. Whether people want to admit it or not, the arctic is unique, and is a nice addition to any laser collection. Power isn't everything.