Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Thor H Dual Power

Hi Paul,
Just measured my Thor sink and it comes out to 21+mm in diameter , i can still get another 2 to 3 mm more in diameter and its 43mm in length . So I'm a little larger that Jordan's sinks always good to know buddy... Thanks again for the info pal had me going..

Rich:)

Hi Paul,
Just measured my Thor sink and it comes out to 21+mm in diameter , i can still get another 2 to 3 mm more in diameter and its 43mm in length . So I'm a little larger that Jordan's sinks always good to know buddy... Thanks again for the info pal had me going..

Sorry, Rich. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I know you have bored out the Thor you are using. I was only saying that these larger ones have a 20 mm heat sink already in them and could be repurposed to take DTR's 20 mm module. I wasn't saying that the heat sink you made is smaller. In fact it seems to be quite a bit larger. So, your host is every bit a better heat sinked version of this host. There does seem to be a size difference between the two hosts, however. :thanks:

tommy

Today I was testing this laser again and found that after some hours of use, the two 26650 unmarked batteries that came with mine were showing two LEDs lit on the battery charge display. So, I decided to charge them and once charged, to test them as well. After a few hours on my Opus BT-C3100 intellecharger they measured 79 mohm and 84 mohm dynamic internal resistance! A very good reading for these no name batteries. The charger states that the contact resistance of the charger is ~30 mohm, which should be deducted from the readings. That makes htese about 49 mohms and 54 mohms respectively. Think I will do a capacity test next and post the results here.

thanks for your test on the battery Paul. good battery is a key point to improve laser output.

and i've found people are confused why we resell sanwu lasers, and some guess it's fake one.

i said in my first post, we are not competitors of other laser producers. the branded lasers are from original producer, and we provide a good shipping solution, and customer service. that's why our site is laser pointer store, not thor laser store.

Hi Paul ,
Hey no misunderstanding pal. Sometimes there are glitches in the words no biggie . That Thor host does it take 26650's ?

tommy

Thor H 2 take 26650 battery, and 2 pieces. laser looks small in the picture, but it's a big one.

tommy

oh one more things, i found people talking about price of THOR H 2 laser, we didn't launched it, no price for now. we will list on our website when we finish update our website. we are redesigning our website. hopefully finish it in 2 weeks.

Hi Paul ,
Hey no misunderstanding pal. Sometimes there are glitches in the words no biggie . That Thor host does it take 26650's ?

Yeah, Rich. As tommy already said, these take two 26650 batteries. They are pretty big. Also, what is nice about this laser is that the batteries fit very well and don't rattle at all. The whole host is very well built with no slop anywhere that I could find. I thought they might be listed at $89.95, but I guess we will have to wait to see what the actual price will be.

Hi Paul,
I can go for some of them empty to mod into some great builds, being empty and not glued together they shouldn't cost to much if buying a larger quantity . 26650's nice more juice for the big diodes to suck up. Im interested in some for sure.

Well, apparently all these hosts are made by the same supplier, whether it is Sanwu or laserpointerstore.com. If you can find the manufacturer, I'm sure you can get these empty for a good price. BTW, these lasers are not glued together at all. The hosts are machined into the separate pieces that all screw together.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I just registered because I found this thread and I may purchase one. I see they're listed on the website. It looks like there's a 3W and 5W model of this as well? Has anyone ordered one or tested one to see how they stack up against the 1.5W?

I build most of my handheld lasers, so this was a review thread for laserpointerstore.com. From what I've seen these are as good a quality as can be had from all the Chinese laser pointer sellers at a reduced price. If you go through the whole thread it should give you an idea of the quality of their lasers.

Thank you. I've read through the posts for these and they seem to be good for the cost. I'm just wondering if the quality carries over to the 3/5W models since I'm sure the diode is different?

Since I don't have one, I can't speak definitively. I can only go by this one laser. If the price is right, I wouldn't be concerned myself about buying from them, though. The workmanship on it was very good.

tommy

I just registered because I found this thread and I may purchase one. I see they're listed on the website. It looks like there's a 3W and 5W model of this as well? Has anyone ordered one or tested one to see how they stack up against the 1.5W?

for the blue version, we have 1.6w, 3w and 5w. and 1w for the green version.

this test review is for a 1.6w, here is another review of same model:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laser-pointer-store-thor-h2-review-100641.html

and you will see another review of blue 3w on youtube soon.

all output is checked by LPM made by astralist. hope above all can answer your questions :)