Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Wicked Lasers Beam Expander

I know this isn't related to beam expanders, but it's an Arctic question so i'll ask. My 1W Arctic shuts off while on high power mode with the 3 flashing lights after a while, and then I have to run it in low power mode, but my 600mW(pushing 700mW) 532nm PL-E Pro can run longer. I used to use a protected 2400mAh Tenegy for my Arctic, but now I use an unprotected 3400 mAh with it, and it shuts off in the same amount of time. Is my Arctic just retarded? And shouldn't a 600mW 532nm drain the battery faster than a 1W 445nm?

I know this isn't related to beam expanders, but it's an Arctic question so i'll ask. My 1W Arctic shuts off while on high power mode with the 3 flashing lights after a while, and then I have to run it in low power mode, but my 600mW(pushing 700mW) 532nm PL-E Pro can run longer. I used to use a protected 2400mAh Tenegy for my Arctic, but now I use an unprotected 3400 mAh with it, and it shuts off in the same amount of time. Is my Arctic just retarded? And shouldn't a 600mW 532nm drain the battery faster than a 1W 445nm?

Looks like a battery cell problem to me =)

What is this unprotected 3400 mAh cell you speak off.

* Aldo my 1.25W arctic seems to quit sooner then my 2W ^_^

Last edited:
Looks like a battery cell problem to me =)

What is this unprotected 3400 mAh cell you speak off.

* Aldo my 1.25W arctic seems to quit sooner then my 2W ^_^

I've tried it with 2 diferent battery types, and it still cuts off seemingly early. I would expect it to outlast a 600mW 532nm. If a 1W 445nm is supposed to last longer than a 600mW 532nm, then maybe this is my sign to stop using the Arctic and get a 1W 445nm PL-E Pro. And I use these now.

I've tried it with 2 diferent battery types, and it still cuts off seemingly early. I would expect it to outlast a 600mW 532nm. If a 1W 445nm is supposed to last longer than a 600mW 532nm, then maybe this is my sign to stop using the Arctic and get a 1W 445nm PL-E Pro. And I use these now.

The arctic cut's off to a certain amount of voltage that is left in a cell.
That's all i know..... consistent.

Greetings,

Lucky you.
I would have liked to have gotten one but they stopped selling them a few years ago.
The wl one I have is very cheaply made, ( I know, look who makes it ), but I do have a good 300' of yard to be able to take measurements to what this actually does. While I had to add thread sealer tape to correct the wobble and make it hold the position better, it does increase distance and also you can burn things tens of feet farther than without it. Mine however when focused to infinity makes an hourglass shape. if not for that the dot would be VERY small.
Hope to take power readings from 20' to 30' away and will post here.

cheers,
Moe

I have a Dragonlasers beam expander I bought years ago. I just ordered the 1w Spartan from Dragonlasers last month that I hope to get the soon and see how well it works. The beam expander works great on my Dragonlaser viper I've had forever.

Undertoker

I’ve been trying to find a beam expander for my Arctic spyder 3 everywhere
does anyone have any suggestions please either where I can get one or for a beam expander that will fit ?

lastly what size is the thread in the spyder 3?
it measures up to about 26mm?

Undertoker

I wish I could be of assistance here, but I no longer have any of my Wicked Lasers products. :(
Thank you for the reply anyway bud.
In honesty I’m happy with my laser despite all the hate on here for the WL range.
I’m not quite sure what has happened or to whom but no one seems to have much nice to say about them sadly.
But I would like to find a WL beam extender or even just one that would fit it

Almost all of my lasers & laser accessories were lost in late-2018 after my stepmother stopped paying for our offsite storage (where all of my belongings were stored pending a move that never came to fruition) and the rooms were subsequently auctioned off. :(

Undertoker

Almost all of my lasers & laser accessories were lost in late-2018 after my stepmother stopped paying for our offsite storage (where all of my belongings were stored pending a move that never came to fruition) and the rooms were subsequently auctioned off. :(
😳 she didn’t tell you I assume ?
*gasp what a nightmare

Undertoker

ah man im so sorry to read that
ive been lookign everywhere to try and find a beam expander - even one that will fit it, with no success

Undertoker

the battery is shot