Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the THOR M2 from ebay

GSS

Why not? I would like to see it in action and alot of members post pic's..

Open a new thread and do a review. That is what I've always done. Then it becomes another place where people who are interested can look.

Dian Jebat

My next project is to buy oxlaser 650nm that they claim to have 200mw, just about 10 bucks.

I bought a couple 650nm pointers for $10.00 each from a different seller on eBay a couple years ago. One was ~230 mW and the other was 157 mW. I think I gave the higher power one to my daughter.

Nice review NarwhalZ!

I bought a ThorH2 laser from LPS in August 2018, and it’ still running well. I’ve measured its Low Power at 1,370 mW and High Power at 2,570 mW several times with my 5.2 Watt LaserBee AX3 LPM. It is very bright and performs well. It also is threaded for the Sanwu 3X Optical Expander, which greatly increases its range. Please remember that you ALWAYS MUST wear safety glasses for any laser with 1 W of optical power! Have fun and be safe. Take Care. biggrin.gif

-cd

Nice review, Narwhalz. Very comprehensive for lack of an LPM. Not a bad price for this laser, but I do wonder what the optical power is. Using two 16340 batteries tends to make me think the power is lower than others, but IDK for sure.

Great point, Paul! My power measurements were made with a Thor H2 unit which uses 2 26650 Li-ion batteries. Thanks. Be Well and Take Care.

-cd

Great point, Paul! My power measurements were made with a Thor H2 unit which uses 2 26650 Li-ion batteries. Thanks. Be Well and Take Care.

-cd
I have a Thor H2 using two 26650 batteries too. Mine does 1.6 watts out in high power, though.

The reason it only outputs 1.6 watts is because they come with a three element lens. If you change that out to a G2 you should get much closer to 2 watts. I didn't bother with mine as I have others with the G2. I also got mine for $20.00, the cost of shipping it to me.

''I have managed to melt a few dog waste bags '' EW !!!

Hope they were unused. (TMI)

A brand new (still only one post) posts 0ne year since last post-- & I assume many of those new posts were unaware of the dates--OP made Jun '18==before reviving --The OP has not been here for some time(last seen here-Feb '18)--hope he either got a LPM or had it metered by a local member(UK). most old reviews of LPS are not stellar.
The new owners provide some promising data.

" I have the exact same laser...'' ah.... you cannot say that-- same model-- yes same power-- could be or may not...no meters---- no knowledge --- 'example' I metered >10pcs (most popular laser from JL Group Buy-18 total) 532/250 PL-Cs (Jetlasers) and some were close together but some were quite different--Vet member 'arythna' got the 'pick of the litter'-- (assigned by drawing) at 440mW (find me another like that--me want!!)
mine was iirc 290mW -- lowest power was iirc 269mW. My meters agreed ATM but may need a calibration--
Testing with my newer LPM confirms that the are fairly well calibrated. JL is 10/10 --except a bit spendy.. you get what you pay for. BTW That PL-C has more of the required 'features' (FDA) than any others.
IRC it only lacked delayed start-- does have: key lockout in tailcap or dongle (we could choose) circular key next to 'laser 'energized-powered' blue LED) clicky on off- (no momentary)-- and shutter. Reverse polarity protection-- and super warranty.
I am not a big fan of 26650 batts- as I must buy them.
I LOVES my 18650s coz I get them (most times) free. (semi-used)

It would be great if someone could open it and replace with mo powerful diode.

TY for all the great new posts--Good review--- MYB he will see this and chime in.. hak

You will not find any 'nicks' on JLs--- they do not look very tiny to me. (but price reflects that--try a black sharpie lol)

The diodes used (130 or 140) have become dirt cheap if you buy a used Kasio (24 inside)-- driver cost--not much I bet.
Host looks to be good for the price. -- has anyone used the LPS warranty? JLs is awesome.
The shipping to the OP looks fair(and lower) JL still arges the same $38 that they do for most everything they ship (at least to CONUS)

Kramer Meys

Hey man.... I JUST joined here...and I'm pretty new to these...
...what are the best batteries? Rechargeable or single use? 1600mAh? Higher? Or is under 1000mAh just fine?

Tell me everything, lol...

Tnx..
KM

Single use ? You mean non rechargeable ........why would anyone buy non rechargeable cells today ?

Don't buy cheap cells, buy IMR or other high drain formulation cells which are high drain low sag for high drain devices such as lasers, I like EFest.

Li-ion rechargeable batteries are the default batteries we use here. I still use protected cells for many builds as the high drain ones are not necessary for everything and don't protect you from over-discharging them. You will have to learn about which batteries work best with which diodes, but that takes time and you will likely buy some cheap over-rated batteries as they are always out there.

Kramer Meys

Single use ? You mean non rechargeable ........why would anyone buy non rechargeable cells today ?

Don't buy cheap cells, buy IMR or other high drain formulation cells which are high drain low sag for high drain devices such as lasers, I like EFest.

Awesome. Thanks. Yeah...I know, right? It's like why would anyone buy regular strength aspirin, sorta'...
Yes I meant single use. I have zero idea about these devices and their power consumption....I guess the question, founded in the fact that rechargeable's don't charge to full capacity after awhile, and that I wasn't sure if it was better (not necessarily more cost efficient) to just use fresh batteries and toss em' when they go bad -- thanks for the clarification. IMR or EFest. Got it(!) Tnx..