Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Skytech Class IV 520nm Green Portable Diode Laser

Hi LED.Do you think your laser uses the 700mw osram diode? I am getting 2.75 amps@1.2+ watts of optical power from my PL-E 520.I am certain that the observations you have made would not preclude the use of the 700mw diode...but if so it is being driven pretty hard!

What do you think?Based on it's rated power it makes sense to me!

Last edited:

Hi LED.Do you think your laser uses the 700mw osram diode? I am getting 2.75 amps@1.2+ watts of optical power from my PL-E 520.I am certain that the observations you have made would not preclude the use of the 700mw diode...but if so it is being driven pretty hard!

What do you think?Based on it's rated power it makes sense to me!

I honestly have no idea who's diode is in that thing...methinks that I'd better email my contact at Skytech and ask that very question.

I did some sleuthing on Google and it indicates that Osram is indeed the manufacturer of the laser diode in the 520nm green laser, and Nichia is the manufacturer of the laser diode in the 445nm blue laser.

Last edited:

anna3d

this is what i looking for, where i can get the best prices?

Last edited:
This is a great source of information about the PLE 520. Not something I would purchase myself, but all knowledge is good. :yh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Is skytechlasers.com still actually selling these lasers, I looked at their site, and didn't see anything for sale?

Last edited:

Encap

Is skytechlasers.com still actually selling these lasers, I looked at their site, and didn't see anything for sale?

Same here. All that new link shows is questions and answers ---nothing for sale

Encap

Skytech Laser doesn't sell lasers any longer apparently, however, Sky lasers is still offering that unit however at silly high prices. Portable Laser 520nm 1W $899.99 SKY 50mW-1000mW Portable 520nm Focusable Green Laser Pointer with Dual Lock (Black)

Jetlasers has reduced the prices on many laser current PL-E Pro 520nm 1W is $299.99 https://www.jetlasers.org/pl-e-pro/13-pl-e-pro-520nm-diode-green-laser.html

Same Jetlasers unit on the Sky Lasers site is $899.99 ....go figure.

Looks like sky-lasers.com gets about double the ordinary everyday retail price for any lasers they sell.
They get $639.99 for a Sanwu Red Guardian 520nm 1W when direct from Sanwu same laser is only $380

Last edited: