Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the LaserGlow 5mW Aquarius

Nice laser you've got there :beer: but I still have to say... $336 could've gotten you a PL-E Pro 473nm...

Nice laser you've got there :beer: but I still have to say... $336 could've gotten you a PL-E Pro 473nm...

I agree hwang21 :p

But it would ruin my 5mW collection :wtf:

Also I had another question? is it normal my Aquarius seems a little dimmer then the 635nm? At first when it starts up the dot changes size a lot, but after a couple seconds it still seems a little dimmer:thinking:

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex

you could probably send it back to laserglow, but then again, it is sold as a <5mW laser. If you had a true 5mW 635 and a true 5mW 473, 635 would appear brighter.

If the Wikipedia is right, 473 is a DPSS hence the lack of stability and fluctuating power.

DJNY

At least in such a small host. CNI always recommend to go with the PGL-III-C version when it comes to DPSS laser to get better output stability.

Last edited:
Well it does seem to stabilize after a few seconds so I guess it works fine :p

I guess I should expect this from rare wavelength's :wtf:

PS: I can try and take a video of it starting up if you want?

Last edited:
We can probably guess fairly well.

I have two DPSS green pens that do similar. momentarily bright when on, dim slightly, then brighten gradually over the course of a minute or so. My SKY HL 532 does it but less noticeably and is overall more stable = quality laser vs cheaper mass produced laser.

Being a rare wavelength isn't necessarily part of it; it's a DPSS process and an inefficient one at that. Gorgeous colour but what you are seeing can't be far from normal if it soon perks up and runs proper.

Last edited:
We can probably guess fairly well.

I have two DPSS green pens that do similar. momentarily bright when on, dim slightly, then brighten gradually over the course of a minute or so. My SKY HL 532 does it but less noticeably and is overall more stable = quality laser vs cheaper mass produced laser.

Being a rare wavelength isn't necessarily part of it; it's a DPSS process and an inefficient one at that. Gorgeous colour but what you are seeing can't be far from normal if it soon perks up and runs proper.

I really would want to take a video so you make sure this is normal. If it isn't I rather send it in sooner then later :undecided:

Your startup can't possibly be as bad as my 593.5's startup... its pretty bad.

Want a video? :p

But mine likes to run hot, so once it's up and running it's all good.

DPSS lasers... normally awesome colors, but... they don't like to work as well as diodes do.

Your startup can't possibly be as bad as my 593.5's startup... its pretty bad.

Want a video? :p

But mine likes to run hot, so once it's up and running it's all good.

DPSS lasers... normally awesome colors, but... they don't like to work as well as diodes do.

I would like to see a video actually :D

Im going to take a video just in case so you experts can tell me if it's working fine. I hope you don't mind :p

It's also at the beginning, though my camera sees the IR more than it sees the 532.

Mostly drained batteries. It runs fine with normal AAA's, but recently I started using rechargables and those... do not function well.

Here it is :)

I think it ran pretty well this time :wtf:

I forgot how to upload videos to LPF? Any help haha?

Last edited:
I upload to youtube then embed the video. Dunno how big the movies can be, but go to "Go Advanced" and click the paperclip.