Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Directly-Injected 505nm Bluish-Green ("Mint Green") Laser Pen

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it. I built mine using a low wavelength diode. The laser measures 502nm. Still green, but not as much as the case positive Sharp diodes out now.

Thanks! It's a lovely color. I could hope for more than 50 mW for improved visibility-but I do like the color.Also my own fog generator just arrived-so it should be quite visible once I set up the fogger.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it. I built mine using a low wavelength diode. The laser measures 502nm. Still green, but not as much as the case positive Sharp diodes out now.

Yeah, 50 mW isn't much power. That is another reason I prefer to build my own lasers. I get to control all aspects of how it will operate. I'm using an acrylic lens with mine and get 110 mW, which is enough at that wavelength to see the beam. I use boost drivers with all these except for the case positive ones. I don't own a case positive one, but have built a half dozen for other members here. I use the Blitz Linear driver from survival lasers. You have to use two Li-ion batteries with that driver and it is tiny, so it is not easy to work with, but it does work.

Yeah, 50 mW isn't much power. That is another reason I prefer to build my own lasers. I get to control all aspects of how it will operate. I'm using an acrylic lens with mine and get 110 mW, which is enough at that wavelength to see the beam. I use boost drivers with all these except for the case positive ones. I don't own a case positive one, but have built a half dozen for other members here. I use the Blitz Linear driver from survival lasers. You have to use two Li-ion batteries with that driver and it is tiny, so it is not easy to work with, but it does work.
Nice!

I finally got another 505nm laser and it takes the 18650...but is longer in wavelength than the stubby which takes the 18350.
It is the same host as the 488nm cyan ones I got and just like what LED reviewed in this thread.
It is now the second shortest wavelength green I own. It looks like some variation is to be expected. When I compared it to
the short version I was dismayed because it looked more on the yellow side...but when I compared it to my former shortest green it made that laser look yellowish!!!!! Sooo....that is just fine!!!

I am very pleased with both of them. Highly recommended! Perfect fun size lasers with decent beams and a nice feeling host.
And a perfect power level for fun use....not too weak, and not too strong. I love my class 4 lasers but they are a very different experience
than 50 to 70mw. The color is the treat with these and they beg to be used on foggy nights.

If it were not for LED I would never have tried them...again, I must say I am in his debt. His reviews are outstanding.
I have followed the LED Museum for years...he is a treasure to be sure.

I finally got another 505nm laser and it takes the 18650...but is longer in wavelength than the stubby which takes the 18350.
It is the same host as the 488nm cyan ones I got and just like what LED reviewed in this thread.
It is now the second shortest wavelength green I own. It looks like some variation is to be expected. When I compared it to
the short version I was dismayed because it looked more on the yellow side...but when I compared it to my former shortest green it made that laser look yellowish!!!!! Sooo....that is just fine!!!

I am very pleased with both of them. Highly recommended! Perfect fun size lasers with decent beams and a nice feeling host.
And a perfect power level for fun use....not too weak, and not too strong. I love my class 4 lasers but they are a very different experience
than 50 to 70mw. The color is the treat with these and they beg to be used on foggy nights.

If it were not for LED I would never have tried them...again, I must say I am in his debt. His reviews are outstanding.
I have followed the LED Museum for years...he is a treasure to be sure.

Great! I like mine too. Perception is a funny thing. I got the same unit that the LED Museum has-a very pretty color! It is a greenish blue. Next to my Laserland 505 nm 5 mW (probably close) it takes on a cyan appearance. So one or both are not 505. Compared to my "492" the 505 Waterproof is green-compared to my 520 nm the 505 Waterproof appears blue green.
Compared to my 520 my 5 mW Laserland appears blue-green. I had no idea how 'flexible" color vision is never comparing discrete wavelengths side my side.

I bought the LaserLand's 5 mW 520nm laser at auction for $17.00. It measures 510nm on my Ocean Optics spectrometer. It does look more blue next to a 520nm laser. I was going to increase the driver current on it, but since it is right on the money 510nm, I thought better of it and just left it alone.

I bought the LaserLand's 5 mW 520nm laser at auction for $17.00. It measures 510nm on my Ocean Optics spectrometer. It does look more blue next to a 520nm laser. I was going to increase the driver current on it, but since it is right on the money 510nm, I thought better of it and just left it alone.
Nice! I may have to buy a few more to get more shades of Blue-Green.

40mw...that is all the new laser does. Per laserbee 2. It is still pretty and fun!

Which laser did you buy? Is it one of the 520nm lasers? If it is a 505nm one, it's bound to have a Sharp diode in it. If you can get to the driver board, you could turn the current up until you get 100 mW out. That diode can take that much current. The 488nm diodes are all Sharp diodes too.

I echo them The-LED_Museum. I'd not have one either-wondering if and when I would take it underwater-beyond the toilet tank! :)
Thank you ever so much as well!!! :)

I chose to use the cistern because it's my only source of dihydrogen monoxide (water) sufficiently deep to ensure total submergence of the laser. I don't live close enough to a deeper body of water that I can access via my motorised wheelchair.

Thank you ever so much as well!!! :)

I chose to use the cistern because it's my only source of dihydrogen monoxide (water) sufficiently deep to ensure total submergence of the laser. I don't live close enough to a deeper body of water that I can access via my motorised wheelchair.
Oh! That makes sense.

Which laser did you buy? Is it one of the 520nm lasers? If it is a 505nm one, it's bound to have a Sharp diode in it. If you can get to the driver board, you could turn the current up until you get 100 mW out. That diode can take that much current. The 488nm diodes are all Sharp diodes too.
It is 505nm. I like it fine at 40mw. If I want chaos, the 1243mw Jetlaser is in arms reach! I have always liked the lower power greens.
Fun and pretty and not too dangerous. Yes, I laugh as the class 4 lasers burn stuff and the blinding glare in the room!

But 40 to 70mw is epic in fog and dusty rooms! More than enough to enjoy the color and the beam! Also, lower current should increase the life of the diode!

Yeah, I've got an 1100 mW 520nm laser I built and put it into an MS-SSW-II host. I also have a 532nm that does 1350 mW in a lab host. I have several other greens in lower powers too. I need to pull that 532nm one out as it has been awhile since I last had it on. I have another 532nm in a lab host that does 230 mW. Also got some ~200 mW ones that I built years ago that still work fine. I am putting a 486nm diode in a build for my daughter. It ought to do 130 mW when finished. She has a pretty good collection of her own.