Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Directly-Injected 505nm Bluish-Green ("Mint Green") Laser Pen

Re: Review of the Directly-Injected 505nm Bluish-Green ("Mint Green") Laser Pen

These have shown up on eBay being sold by almost every Chinese seller. I would search for price if I were interested in one of these lasers. Try 505nm laser pointers.

I've searched under every combo I can think of-I find either diodes OR the 488 version of this.
These have shown up on eBay being sold by almost every Chinese seller. I would search for price if I were interested in one of these lasers. Try 505nm laser pointers.

I couldn't find that specific one, but there is this that you could likely put into a pointer. It is ~$45.00 with shipping and runs on its own power supply. www.ebay.com/itm/253246556039. It is alread in a pointer style module.

That laser has the line lens IINM, can likely be removed and a regular lens used, although the lens barrel dia. may not be 9mm so maybe find a DOT module.

MD 20/20 was not that bad.....well it was pretty bad, but it would put a bird in your bush pretty quick as would thunderbird, red lady 21, night train....would also serve up a nasty hang over, I always did well with Captain Morgan spiced rum, I could drink a lot and never got a hang over, but now I don't drink a single drop, it was fun though.

There is also an unfortified table wine Mogen David that tastes a lot better, like grape juice with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Mogen-David-Concord-30-l_1.png

Last edited:

Sorry. I was in a hurry and didn't notice it was a line laser. Here is a dot laser. Same price. www.ebay.com/itm/253246532561.

I had a girl friend that liked to drink Captain Morgan. Yuck! I didn't like it. I have heard of all these cheap fortified wines, but the Maddog 20/20 put me off of all of them.

Last edited:

This link will lead you to the mouths of a number of sellers of 488nm (non-Argon) lasers on Ebay. :)

And THIS appears to be the exact same laser that I purchased (and is the product reviewed in this thread).

Thanks!! +Rep
Sorry. I was in a hurry and didn't notice it was a line laser. Here is a dot laser. Same price. www.ebay.com/itm/253246532561.

To put it in technical terms- BARF!

I had a girl friend that liked to drink Captain Morgan. Yuck! I didn't like it. I have heard of all these cheap fortified wines, but the Maddog 20/20 put me off of all of them.

Thanks LED! So you bought a 488 and it's 505? I l have a Sanwu that is around 488 so a 505 would have been different. + Rep if I can give it

This link will lead you to the mouths of a number of sellers of 488nm (non-Argon) lasers on Ebay. :)

And THIS appears to be the exact same laser that I purchased (and is the product reviewed in this thread).

Thanks!! +Rep

Thanks LED! So you bought a 488 and it's 505? I l have a Sanwu that is around 488 so a 505 would have been different. + Rep if I can give it

No, I purchased a 488 and it spectroed right around 488nm.
I also purchased a 505 and it spectroed at around 507nm.

Both lasers were well within specs, spectrographically anyway -- but were awesomely over spec in the power output department. :)

+1 rep if I can administer it. :D

Hi LED
The link was for a 488- there are several offerings-but what I was looking for was the 505. THAT I can't find.
Do you have the link for the 505?

Thanks!
Added: a Google search found the 505 only on a site called "Laserpoints."

No, I purchased a 488 and it spectroed right around 488nm.
I also purchased a 505 and it spectroed at around 507nm.

Both lasers were well within specs, spectrographically anyway -- but were awesomely over spec in the power output department. :)

+1 rep if I can administer it. :D

Last edited:

BTTT: Added a brief video showing how this laser performs in LVC.

I'm not certain just who the OEM is; I purchased this laser on Ebay.
Sorry about that. :(

No worries. I found one and ordered it.

Fun trivia. Chartreuse that is not aged glows red under a 405nm laser. It is a green liquor/medicine made with over 100 herbs and flowers.
The expensive aged 25 year stuff looks like normal wine with a whitish glow.

The older stuff is exquisite in flavor and thick. You can taste herbs for an entire 24 hours after a very small amount. Potent stuff. I am using it for spider bites.

Hi Cistercian,
Can you post a link? The only place I found was "laserpoints.com."
No worries. I found one and ordered it.

Fun trivia. Chartreuse that is not aged glows red under a 405nm laser. It is a green liquor/medicine made with over 100 herbs and flowers.
The expensive aged 25 year stuff looks like normal wine with a whitish glow.

The older stuff is exquisite in flavor and thick. You can taste herbs for an entire 24 hours after a very small amount. Potent stuff. I am using it for spider bites.

Bumpity bumb bump: Found a duty cycle recommendation for this laser.

Thanks Cisterician (Plus Rep)
When I try to buy it wants me to log in- Firefox tells me it's NOT SECURE. So I guess I'll keep my eyes on EBAY and see if it pops up again. I appreciate the link. I see also 100 mW 505 Sharp modules for sale-I wonder if I could pay someone here to put it-and a driver in a host.... Hmmmm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.03.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.03.27 PM.png
    15 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: