Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REVIEW Laserbee 2.5W USB LPM

daguin

Hey Dave....

yes... I am totally aware of this....;)

As I stated in the Sales thread... the Response time is slow due to
the large thermal mass of the 15mm X 15mm sensor...
And the only reason we are selling such a slow response LPM is
because we saw that the slow response time of the Alpha LPM did
not seem to phase the buyers... due to the price...

Jerry

So your contention is that it will eventually stop rising?

I absolutely agree that it is an insignificant amount when measuring 700mW (or more). However, does it also do this at lower outputs?

Please, do not mistake this for criticism. I am just curious. I will own one of these the first of the month. I have a Scientech Vector H410 that I usually take when I need a portable LPM. However, taking it means carrying another case the size of a large briefcase with me. This new one will fit into a pocket of my laptop case! :beer:

Peace,
dave

I absolutely agree that it is an insignificant amount when measuring 700mW (or more). However, does it also do this at lower outputs?

Please, do not mistake this for criticism. I am just curious. I will own one of these the first of the month. I have a Scientech Vector H410 that I usually take when I need a portable LPM. However, taking it means carrying another case the size of a large briefcase with me. This new one will fit into a pocket of my laptop case! :beer:

Peace,
dave

It does eventually stop rising. Sending you a PM.

Peace,
dave

Absolutely.... it will stop rising... just like our other LaserBee
products... the sensor just takes a bit more time to reach equilibrium...

Your questions are always welcome Dave...;)

Jerry

HIMNL9

Have you considered modifying the code to correct the slow response time to a laser? .....

Well, this can help only in "prevision reading", not in the effective reading.

I mean, yes, you can take fast readings, make a curve, and do a prevision of the ending curve with an algorythm, but this may not be the effective reading, until the rising stops effectively ..... it's a common problem, this about the slow response time, for any TEC based reading head, including Scientech, Gentec and similar professional ones (the Gentec manual, as example, say to allow the head stabilizing for at least 1 minute with the beam on, before take a reading) ..... simply, for have an accurate and effective reading, there's no other way that allow it to stabilize (also cause the end of the curve become very slow in rising, before stabilize, so also a prediction is difficult to do accurately)

Toke

A few days ago I were trying to calibrated the U/I converter for a NiCr/Ni thermocouple, it is for a incinerator combustion chamber and all I had were ice water and boiling water. :(

There is a lot of waiting for the sensor to stabilise and I feel for the additional problems of going from sensor mV to a reliable mW reading. :D

I am looking forward to testing my own lasers next week. :)

The rise time from 0-90% is 40 seconds. The Ophir OEM head takes ~1 second. But there's a price difference and this one has a neat USB interface. The curve is an exponential rise to the actual power level, so the rise time to 90% will be the same for a 50mW laser. Wait the same period again and you're at 99%.

Toke

Mine have arrived, as expected I had to reboot to windows as the software does not agree with Ubuntu.

It is quite interesting to see how ones lasers measures up to specs, or not.
(Some of them are in for brain surgery).

+1 for a good product. :)

Glad you received your LaserBee 2.5W USB and are happy with
your purchase...;)

Jerry