Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: KD 150mW Baton Style Green Laser

Arrgh, my DX 200mW baton has been delayed untill june the 5th!!! Someone cryogenically freeze me.

or atleast that's what they say...
unfortunatly i think it's gonna be much longer than june 5th :(

Here is was they said to me:
Apologies for the trouble

The item 12341 might get restock around 2008-6-5. would you mind waiting till then? please kindly advise.

But the funny thing is that they already changed it to june 6.
I'm going crazy here!

Timbojames said:
Here is was they said to me:
Apologies for the trouble

The item 12341 might get restock around 2008-6-5. would you mind waiting till then? please kindly advise.

But the funny thing is that they already changed it to june 6.
I'm going crazy here!
i was told something like this when i used to wait for the UltraFire 90mW to come in stock. then finally after a month or 2 they finally said they are no longer ordering them and they will not have it back it in stock lol.

WOW :eek: sure am glad I went with KD ;D for once actually!

Knimrod, how long did it take for you laser to arrive after the status changed to shipped?

lazernut said:
WOW :eek: sure am glad I went with KD ;D for once actually!

Knimrod, how long did it take for you laser to arrive after the status changed to shipped?
in a PM he told me 8-10 days. mine changed to shipped but when i checked the tracking i found out it actually didnt leave hong kong until today, the 29th. So im not sure if he ment 8-10 days after it left hong kong or 8-10 days after it said "shipped"

Same here, I just checked it and it also said it left today. Well we probably still have a week or two before we even see them.

mikeeey said:
[quote author=lazernut link=1210024232/84#84 date=1212117279]WOW :eek: sure am glad I went with KD ;D for once actually!

in a PM he told me 8-10 days. mine changed to shipped but when i checked the tracking i found out it actually didnt leave hong kong until today, the 29th. So im not sure if he ment 8-10 days after it left hong kong or 8-10 days after it said "shipped"[/quote]

Yea.. About 8-10 days after the KD web site reported it as shipped. I was never able to pull up any tracking through the Hong Kong post. I was a little surprised when it showed up.

well if that's true then i should get it this comming week!
or if it comes a bit later it may be the end of this week or next week :(

Benm

I've contacted DX about these lasers on KD using the price-match feature. They indicated these are a difrent brand that the series DX carries, but they might start selling them too soon... may be of interest for those hesitant of buying from KD but interested in this laser like me.

is that battery that it comes with rechargeable? is it 3.6V? can it charge with the DSD 3.6V charger? i don't want my battery/laser/house blowing up!

Razako

mikeeey said:
is that battery that it comes with rechargeable? is it 3.6V? can it charge with the DSD 3.6V charger? i don't want my battery/laser/house blowing up!
The battery is indeed rechargeable and can be charged with the DSD charger. Just be sure to avoid fully discharging the battery because the included 18650 isn't protected and you can ruin it by fully discharging it. Also keep an eye on it while you charge it.
You can always buy these protected batteries from DX if you don't want to worry about it.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6979~r.47784034
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5790~r.47784034

well i almost never let my batteries completely drain, i charge it every now and then..before it runs out.
keep an eye on it while charging? what could happen? i usually charge it before i go to bed.

will Two 3.6V UltraFire or TrustFire CR123A's work?

So even tho it would be putting out a total of 7.2V, it really wont put out that much?
btw what's the difference between the two 18650 batteries? one is a dollar more..

mikeeey said:
will Two 3.6V UltraFire or TrustFire CR123A's work?

I didn't try two 3.6V CR123s.. KD was pretty specific that it works with a single 18650 3.0V/3.6V Li-ion battery or two 3.0V lithiums. Two 3.0V CR123s did work but it was a tight fit even with the unprotected cells I have on hand. I couldn't screw the battery cap on quite all the way. Protected cells may be a bit too long.

knimrod how was your experience with the included battery? does it charge alright? have you been regularly using it? I really don't wanna buy another battery, but if this is a horrible/dangerous battery then i may have to.