Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: JAD kit from Budget Beams

I want to thank Moh for this awesome JAD kit from his giveaway on Budget Beams facebook page

Now here is a review/ build guide of Moh's Blitzbuck WF-501B laser kit. that is available on his website

What's in the kit: (all assembled together)
1 Blitzbuck driver (set to 1.7A)
1 Heat sink for driver
1 Brass driver pill
1 Wf501B host (Purple)
1 Black anodized aluminum heat sink
1 Set screw

What else I used:
1 m140 diode ( I got mine from DTR's Site a long time ago)
1 G9 lense (DTR again)
1 Aixiz housing
All your usual soldering equipment and antistatic stuff, etc.

First thoughts
First thing that caught my eyes is the purple host. Although the 501B host is fairly standard, I got a few build that uses it, this is anodised purple and not black. In fact, there are other colours available for you to choose. In addition, the black anodised heatsink is machined to fit prefectly into the host which makes it even better. :)

This is what I received from Moh
20150728_183158_zpsl9lmvbxe.jpg

20150728_183212_zpsmhyzez1k.jpg

20150728_183226_zpsvpyhpyvm.jpg

Now on to the build

Here is the M140 diode pressed fit into Aixiz housing
20150728_212835_zpsqnwxif9w.jpg

After I pressed the diode into the Aixiz module I soldered the leads Moh has already installed in the WF501B to the diode. I used heatshrink on the pins

Take the lens of your choice and screw it into your module
20150728_212414_zpsovwiyf3q.jpg

20150728_214011_zpsjghfdgvb.jpg

Here are some final pictures of the laser
20150728_214003_zps9kcs2o1w.jpg

20150728_214036_zpsp1yrdmpj.jpg

20150729_063423_zpsckest6ew.jpg

20150729_063536_zpsucdvtmtc.jpg

Conclusion
I am very happy with this kit from Moh. His JAD Kits really make it easy for anyone to throw a laser together. The price is also relatively cheap ($30) and the quality is good. I would recommend one of his kits to anyone rookie or pro. In fact, with this kit, a laser can be built in minutes.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

gif

great review marcuspeh.
Moh is known for good products for even better prices. first the C6 JAD Kits and now WF-501B kits, which I think are superior to C6 host (Heat sink and more beefier)

Cant wait to see some beam shots :beer:

APEX1

very cool.. I'd love to see him add the skyray sr5 host to his website

great review marcuspeh.
Moh is known for good products for even better prices. first the C6 JAD and now WF-501B kits, which I think are superior to C6 host (Heat sink and more beefier)

Cant wait to see some beam shots :beer:
:beer: I will try to post the beam shots ASAP

Very nice, I'm planning on picking up a couple of these kits in the near future. Good to see it is easy enough to work with. Nice build!

Pman

Very interesting host color choice. I think I would choose that color for a 405nm.
I've actually purchased a couple kits from him just because the deals are too good for me to get the parts cheaper even though I like to do a complete build. In the last month I've built a 9mm blue, and an M140 using his complete kits plus a couple others using the hosts, pills and heat-sinks. Also sent one of the silver cone ones off to as there are no sinks made for it and its kind of cool looking. Best deals I've seen in a long time and I know if things weren't slow he would sell big time.
REP for a nice little review showing others how easy it is.

Last edited:
Very interesting host color choice. I think I would choose that color for a 405nm.
I've actually purchased a couple kits from him just because the deals are too good for me to get the parts cheaper even though I like to do a complete build. In the last month I've built a 9mm blue, and an M140 using his complete kits plus a couple others using the hosts, pills and heat-sinks. Also sent one of the silver cone ones off to as there are no sinks made for it and its kind of cool looking. Best deals I've seen in a long time and I know if things weren't slow he would sell big time.
I actually wanted to swap the purple host with another black host(with heat sink) that I already have so that I can build a 405nm laser for my friend. But I cant seem to remove the driver pill so I ended up using the purple host

Nute

Nice, clean straight forward build! I really like the host color. +rep for the build video!

great review marcuspeh.
Moh is known for good products for even better prices. first the C6 JAD Kits and now WF-501B kits, which I think are superior to C6 host (Heat sink and more beefier
Thanks

Very nice, I'm planning on picking up a couple of these kits in the near future. Good to see it is easy enough to work with. Nice build!
Glad that you want to buy a few of his kit. It is really very easy to work with.

Thanks

Nice, clean straight forward build! I really like the host color. +rep for the build video!
Thanks

Gabe

Yeah that purple host is definitely something you don't see often, it's unique!

very cool.. I'd love to see him add the skyray sr5 host to his website

I will probably pick some up with my next order of flashlights, at least enough to make use of the heat sinks I have for it.

I actually wanted to swap the purple host with another black host(with heat sink) that I already have so that I can build a 405nm laser for my friend. But I cant seem to remove the driver pill so I ended up using the purple host

That driver pill is the standard brass pill that normally has the large outer spring on it.
That big spring gets in the way with these builds.
I just take the brass pill and press fit it right into the top of the host. It fits nice and snug, but you can remove it if you lock the brass pill in a vice and rock the host back and forth.
The batteries still fit pretty good, and the less amount of movable parts, the better.

Thanks for the review!

Last edited:

APEX1

I will probably pick some up with my next order of flashlights, at least enough to make use of the heat sinks I have for it.
!

I'll grab some when you get them! I have a build planned already lol I absolutely love those hosts for some reason! Such a sharp looking host.

That driver pill is the standard brass pill that normally has the large outer spring on it.
That big spring gets in the way with these builds.
I just take the brass pill and press fit it right into the top of the host. It fits nice and snug, but you can remove it if you lock the brass pill in a vice and rock the host back and forth.
The batteries still fit pretty good, and the less amount of movable parts, the better.

Thanks for the review!
Welcome and thanks for your help :)

APEX1

how much will the sr-5 go for? I will be grabbing some of them badboys

Last edited: