Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

resolved

6-7w of 445nm, who wouldnt like such a bad boy laser? I decided to get a refund for a other product i had pre-ordered and went for the 6-7w 445nm laser from sci-fi lasers.

Communication was kind of bad at start. About 3 to 5 times he forget about my question and would get back to me first thing in the morning(for example). But he didnt. So i mailed again and got back: sorry was busy will do in the evening. And then again he forgot about me. This happened multiple times, even when asking for the tracking code.

I have to say though, once we started mailing instead of LPF's pm system, communication improved a fair amount.

Shipping:
I had other packages from israel, all arriving fast. For some reason the code i got started working after about 2 and a half week. according to israel post, the package arrived at their post the day the code started working. Kinda fishy, but i know post company's try to blame others more often so i will just believe this is the post company's fault.

Arrival: Carefully packed in bubble foil and invisible tape, well done. However.....

The host arrived damaged at multiple spots. The tail cap must be unscrewed quite alot for the laser to start working. Fully screwed down makes the laser unable to work. i can click the button, but it will only press halfway and not jump back up like a normal button does.
Then its stuck there. Once unscrewing the tailcap for about 3-5mm or so, the button automaticly pops back up and the laser starts to work.

All in all after the annoying communication at start, the quite bad shipping delay and the product arriving damaged, i cannot say im happy about this service. Its also quite fishy i cant place a topic in sci-fi lasers's designated forum section on LPF.

To complete the story, i am now going to see what the aftersales service is.
I hope i can fix the laser myself at home being fair in electronics but i need his help, also i hope to be compensated for the damaged host.

Here is a video, but please ignore the focussing part. this was my fault and is working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlvgETND3oA

Another fact about this laser is that there is not dot but a fairly big line. 1,5meters its already like 3,5cm big. quite a big divergence. Probaly the diode that gets alot of amps though...but still worth mentioning. its the least of my concerns now.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Re: Sci-Fi Laser Horror....

I'd be pissed if that came to me like that. How was the packaging?

packaging was fine. carefully covered with loads of bubble foil plastic and invisible tape. the enveloppe it was shipped with did not seem to be opened or damaged either.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Sorry to see that damage, those are some nasty gouges in that otherwise sharp looking laser.
I hope you guys can resolve this.

Last edited:

There seems to be a very long delay with the Israel Post. I would recommend that Eitan start video recording him dropping off at the Post Office and post it the day. I would like to actually "see" this process. There have been quite a few complaints and discussions as to what is actually happening. He gets the codes but they don't work for a very long time. Either the post office is holding the packages until they "get to it" or the labels are printed and not being taken to the post office until a later date. I'm not there and I cannot see what is/is not being done. I can only vouch that eventually everyone I know of has received their items from him. I can also say that I have seen him at least attempt to resolve every issue I have seen arise. I have also seen issues with communication, although I would say that his reply time is improving.

GSS

This might be the stupidest post that I have done, but in the video looks like you might have put 3 batterys in or did the first one simply slide back out and you put it in again?

Just saw your email now , and emailed you right back. We will get you a new host. It just got damaged during shipment. Email me more details about that tailcap. We will get you a new host and all problems will be solved.

All you need to do is pop the module into the new host. And that is it.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We will get this issue solved asap , new hosts come in tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will ship one even tomorrow :beer:

There seems to be a very long delay with the Israel Post. I would recommend that Eitan start video recording him dropping off at the Post Office and post it the day. I would like to actually "see" this process. There have been quite a few complaints and discussions as to what is actually happening. He gets the codes but they don't work for a very long time. Either the post office is holding the packages until they "get to it" or the labels are printed and not being taken to the post office until a later date. I'm not there and I cannot see what is/is not being done. I can only vouch that eventually everyone I know of has received their items from him. I can also say that I have seen him at least attempt to resolve every issue I have seen arise. I have also seen issues with communication, although I would say that his reply time is improving.

I am taking that into account. And truly working hard to resolve every issue I got with the post office.

I just emailed borgqueenx , I am going to send him a new laser. So he will not need to mess with the host. I asked him to ship it back to me and I will cover the shipping costs back.

I appreciate the co-op. I am always here for my customers and will not leave anyone with a broken laser on their hands.

:beer:

Last edited:

This might be the stupidest post that I have done, but in the video looks like you might have put 3 batterys in or did the first one simply slide back out and you put it in again?

2 batteries ;)

re: Sci-Fi Laser Horror.... being resolved

Wanted to share it , we agreed on me sending a new laser. He will send his back when he gets a new one. Fair enough :beer:

I want to thank you for the co-op ! :)

and EMS shipping. will be shipped in about 7 days and with new batteries because the tailcap issue is because i apparantly use protected batteries. still kinda scary to run unprotected ones on a high powered laser.

it burns like a madman though. And boy it is bright outside. not a vague beam, but like a solid beam, almost no transparancy.

my LPM unfortunatly cant measure it. it goes to 4 watts and this one tops it.

will keep you updated.

Last edited:

I know the postal service beats the hell out of every package I get, usually 8 out of 8 corners are smashed, I think they throw and kick the dam things around.
I got a big screen tv shipped and the corner of the dam thing was sticking out of the busted cardboard box.
I have been wanting to ship a package back to myself from my moms house up on the lake 50 miles away with a couple pin hole cameras and shock sensors inside then post the highlights on youtube.
I was thinking of calling it: What can brown bust the F&%k out of for you?

Reactions: GSS
Re: Sci-Fi Laser Horror.... being resolved

My lasers were shaken up as well on the way to me. Can you start putting them in a hard box with foam cut-outs. The heat sinks easily crash through the wrappings and damage other objects in the packing during the long journey. I drove trucks and know what packages go through.

Reactions: ped

My lasers were shaken up as well on the way to me. Can you start putting them in a hard box with foam cut-outs. The heat sinks easily crash through the wrappings and damage other objects in the packing during the long journey. I drove trucks and know what packages go through.

Most of the time they are fine. few packs gets smashed like this. I will start using more bubbles and foam until I will have better packs :)

The fact that the lasers output is a line isn't Jokers fault. That's what we all have to deal with because it's the output of the diode itself.

The fact that the lasers output is a line isn't Jokers fault. That's what we all have to deal with because it's the output of the diode itself.

I know, its he diode that also gets extra amps wich increases the mrad as well.

Pman

That's a lot of draw to run that diode off of 16340. Can it fit 18350? Then again they will probably be too long. Are those keeppower cells rated for 8c? Not meaning to sound so critical I was just surprised at the 16340 size.
Yeah, hurts a bit when you wait so long and spend so much and there's issues:( Feel for you.