Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RESOLVED BY COMMUNITY! - Bad experience with Bwhollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

midias

Re: VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with 'bhwollen'

Well lets see it's been 22 days since we knew of this problem and it's been 22 hours since I posted my review and there has been 81 posts made by members since I made my review but we still haven't heard from Ben the one person we all want to here from.
I am in agreement with the majority here if he can't stand up and take it on the back end he should not be allowed to get in on the front end, or in other words

While Ben has been ignoring this problem he created others have been stepping up to the plate to help I am very happy to say
it would seem we have some real good people out there who think upperlevel got a raw deal and want's to help him out with donations to get his laser fixed.
My hat goes of to each and every one of them, All stand up guys ! Thanks

Of course we all know Rpaloalto was the first to help out but now Tonga and Lasersbee have stepped up to the plate with generous donations and one other anonymous donner also, so 4 other people have decided to also help out this young guy who bought from the wrong person and got scammed.
any one else wishing to help out may send funds to: laserggw@gmail.com any funds that are not used to fix this laser will be turned over to the forum as a donation to help keep the lights on.

A great big to those that help,

Flaminpyro...

I would be happy to chip in a 10spot

Holy crapola Batman, look! It's the lynch mob!:eek:

Ok, so I had 6-10 drinks for new years... (aka Rosh Hashanah)

Happy New Years!

Anyway, a few thoughts;

1.) Ben f*cked up.

2.) Ben should be punished.

3.) Banning him is NOT the solution.

I've said it before, and being the loudmouth that I am, I'll say it again...

If he is banned he will just come back under another name.

The solution of having someone create and maintain a "Reputable Seller" list has a few flaws;

1.) So long as Avery is running LPF, it opens him up to legal action. Unless of course he moves both himself and hosting outside of the US.

2.) The creator of the thread will be liable.

3.) What guarantee is there that the creator and monitor of the thread does not have personal bias, and or profit? Anyone who's been here for over a month can see that there are some politics in play here.

Post count and reputation are a good, but far from perfect indicator of a person's status on here.

Bennet pointed out... I have a ton of posts... does that make me a veteran? In my mind no.

Of course I also don't really build lasers, and the few items I sell are basically the result of me refreshing my personal collection.

(To anyone who's wondering, I spend ~10 hours a day in front of the computer at work, and also quite a bit at home. I also multitask and tend to get bored VERY fast... so I refresh lpf constantly and treat it as more of a very large multi-threaded conversation, than a more static forum.)

Counting on reputation is also problematic, because one plus rep from a "veteran" member is so much more than a a neg rep from someone new. Not only that, but people delete the posts they get neg repped on all the time.

Personal conclusion:

While I certainly agree with the overall sentiment in this thread, I believe that LPF is working as well as it can to weed out bad sellers.

Is the system perfect? - NO. Is any system perfect? I think not.

Should something that's working pretty darn well be messed with? - No.

Should Ben be banned from selling? Absolutely.

Should he be banned from the forum? Absolutely not, he'll just come back under another name.

My $0.02.

Last edited:

midias

^ Glad you fixed $2 to $0.02 Otherwise I knew you would of had too many drinks in you.

@lasersbee yeah that's true ;)

Upperlevel glad your laser is getting taken care off

Hats off to you FP :beer:

Kevlar

The rep system isn't a perfect indicator by any means, especially if you just look at the green bar and the number underneath it. One has to actually take the time to read the rep comments. ;)

I am very glad for all the help too.
Another solution for this bad seller issue (although this couldn't work if ben had happy customers before) is for ever seller to have a 'seller rep' or something like an ebay score.

ARG

I am very glad for all the help too.
Another solution for this bad seller issue (although this couldn't work if ben had happy customers before) is for ever seller to have a 'seller rep' or something like an ebay score.

Yes, the LPF reputation system is VERY different from seller feedback. I feel that LPF could benefit from a separate reputation system for trade feeback ONLY.

The rep system isn't a perfect indicator by any means, especially if you just look at the green bar and the number underneath it. One has to actually take the time to read the rep comments. ;)

Let's not forget that anyone can just delete all their associated posts.

Or the fact that only the most recent reps are there for view.

Look at Ben... after all this, according to the rep system he still has an ok rep.

Actually if you look through the member list, there are quite a few banned members who have a good reputation... just look at the the last scammer steviediezie.

Last edited:

For being drunk that was quite amazing happy new year fellow Jew :beer:

For being drunk that was quite amazing happy new year fellow Jew :beer:

Thanks, you too:beer:

I wouldn't really say I'm drunk... that takes 15+ drinks... but I'm definitely buzzed. Sobering up now:cryyy:

jakeGT

Here's my .03 cents

It's over, forget ben. He has been lying for a while and not a good seller ever.

Upper can get his laser fixed from jeff, and have a good laser. Let's just ban ben. Screw him if he comes back somehow it'll be fairly easy to tell, well have somebody posting they got a laser with the driver backwards.

Fix the laser
Ban ben tell him to go f himself if he does to get in here next time he is on and fix this

Someone send him a pm letting him know sothere is no doubt that he is aware.

Reactions: ARG

Here's my .03 cents

It's over, forget ben. He has been lying for a while and not a good seller ever.

Upper can get his laser fixed from jeff, and have a good laser. Let's just ban ben. Screw him if he comes back somehow it'll be fairly easy to tell, well have somebody posting they got a laser with the driver backwards.

Fix the laser
Ban ben tell him to go f himself if he does to get in here next time he is on and fix this

Someone send him a pm letting him know sothere is no doubt that he is aware.

Harsh, but i like it. Telling it how it is :D +1 (once i spread more around)

Last edited:

Let's not forget that anyone can just delete all their associated posts.

Or the fact that only the most recent reps are there for view.

Look at Ben... after all this, according to the rep system he still has an ok rep.

Actually if you look through the member list, there are quite a few banned members who have a good reputation... just look at the the last scammer steviediezie.

yep tons of banned members with high rep tyler whatever once had good rep :gun:

There was an interesting article in the National Geographic this month, about the "Teen Aged Brain".

It said that the Teen Aged Brain maximizes the possibilities of Rewards, and minimizes the possibilities of Consequences.

Methinks that this applies to BH...

yep tons of banned members with high rep tyler whatever once had good rep :gun:

rep points dont always work as a good indicator as to someones actions on LPF.
Your rep page only displays the last 10 comments. If you spend enough time kissing ass, you can get rid of any negative comments people may have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.