Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RESOLVED BY COMMUNITY! - Bad experience with Bwhollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with 'bhwollen'

Lasersbee is right he has had more than enough time make the correct gestures to at least making the buyer a little more at ease. I should have read more of this thread before I posted...

having approved sellers could have legal reprocusions for LPF (ave)

michael.

We could make it clear, that it is a community approval only, and does not in anyway represent the LPF.com. Maybe more of a sponsorship program?

We need to have something set up so we can at least say we did our best to protect our members.

As a community we know who the reputable builders and sellers are don't we. Maybe instead of setting up a a system that sets sellers, it should be a system that marks with strikes or infrations, too many infractions and your toast as a seller...

rhd

We need to have something set up so we can at least say we did our best to protect our members.

We kind of do - don't we? I mean here we have a vet, graciously donating their time to help fix BH's mess.

This should (TYPO EDIT: "should NOT") have to happen in the first place - but I do feel like the vet community does a decent job of helping to resolve an issue when a fellow vet goes rogue.

All in all, I wonder if we have any more or less problems on LPF than there would be anywhere else (like craigslist, kijiji, ebay, etc) ?

Last edited:

I think the forum as it is now is just perfect...there is this reputation system with green or red blocks!
And we see, alot of members care about sellers with negative transactions!
bhwollen will have to do something before he will be able to sell again...and that is as it should be.
Why make a complex seller approval system when it works already with the force of the whole community.

On balance there are A LOT fewer problems here than there are on craigslist... or plenty of other forums.

What would really help, would be better protection from from paypal... but that won't happen.

Well lets see it's been 22 days since we knew of this problem and it's been 22 hours since I posted my review and there has been 81 posts made by members since I made my review but we still haven't heard from Ben the one person we all want to here from.
I am in agreement with the majority here if he can't stand up and take it on the back end he should not be allowed to get in on the front end, or in other words :banned:

While Ben has been ignoring this problem he created others have been stepping up to the plate to help I am very happy to say :)
it would seem we have some real good people out there who think upperlevel got a raw deal and want's to help him out with donations to get his laser fixed.
My hat goes of to each and every one of them, All stand up guys ! Thanks :wave:

Of course we all know Rpaloalto was the first to help out but now Tonga and Lasersbee have stepped up to the plate with generous donations and one other anonymous donner also, so 4 other people have decided to also help out this young guy who bought from the wrong person and got scammed.
any one else wishing to help out may send funds to: laserggw@gmail.com any funds that are not used to fix this laser will be turned over to the forum as a donation to help keep the lights on.

A great big :bowdown: to those that help, :thanks:

Flaminpyro...

Kevlar

Close this thread- and sticky as "how to not treat your builds and customers"

time to bring the hammer DOWN.

my 2 sheckles

Agreed!! :beer:

Its seems obvious to me BY isn't going to rectify this. He's had ample time to post SOMETHING!!!

@Jeff: No, thank you for fixing his laser for free!
You are a gorgeous guy!
Hopefully some more people help you to compensate the costs...even if it is a little.

To Bens defence i have to state the fact, that he was last online 14 hours ago...so maybe he don't know about the "news"...

May I make a suggestion, since the admin dose not read all that happens it
would appear that several people say like 10 at least would need to PM
Avery and tell him of there disappointment in Ben and ask for his Ban.

I'll be first :D

Why was it we got rid of the ban polls :thinking:

JLSE

Rather than dealing with some of the worst work ive seen here yet, hes busy looking at
other hosts to fill with garbage and charge a premium :tsk:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-2w-445nm-laser-z5-host-67392.html#post973180

Edit: Just to avoid any confusion, the laser in that thread was made by lazeerer who does sound
work.. The point of that link is only to show what our little friend BH is up to, while others clean
up his mess....

Will do...

Last edited:

Why don't you just point Avery to this thread...no need to spam his messagebox :D

@wannaburn: This host is magnificent...you should do something wonderful with it ;)

I think the forum as it is now is just perfect...there is this reputation system with green or red blocks!
And we see, alot of members care about sellers with negative transactions!
bhwollen will have to do something before he will be able to sell again...and that is as it should be.
Why make a complex seller approval system when it works already with the force of the whole community.

I guess I'm just frustrated with how this all went down. I know I don't have a lot of friends on LPF, or I'm not a well known member.
However I'm here every day. Almost all day long since, 09. I consider everyone my friend, new and old.
When something likes this happens ''upperlevel getting the middle finger'' by another member ''ben''. It almost makes me feel ashamed. like LPF is a den of thieves, and scammers.
I know it actually only happens once in a blue moon. Especially considering how many transactions take place here.

I guess what makes this one situation different. Is the fact the Ben had such a high profile on LPF:(

Last edited:

Lots of people put up a false front so as to get you to believe what they want you to believe, it's the trait of a person who lies.

do you know he sat up nights posting so he could get 1000 posts in less than two months, why did he need to do that, so he could look like an old salt and fool people into buying lasers from him, like he knew what he was doing, maybe to fool people, but he really didn't know anything about lasers, he just started.
he joined 1-13-11 and has 1682 posts that's 6.52 posts a day, I think that is a lot of post per day average, what's your daily average, mine is 4.01

My PM to Ave is sent !

I guess what makes this one situation different. Is the fact the Ben had such a high profile on LPF:(

Mine Posts Per Day: 5.24 :D
But i'm no scammer...believe me :p

Have you directed Ave to this thread?

It depends on what Ben has posted in the nights...if it was only useless bullshit then we can assume that he planned the scam..

Last edited:

there should be a sticky with names of good sellers... but only names in the first post are what count. and have it be started by a member that is not a mod. so that way it has nothing to do with the entity of LPF. and if the op member leaves or becomes inactive. another member can copy paste and get a new sticky...

it would read like this

"this is a list of known good sellers. if you buy from anybody elese we don't want to hear about your misfortunes!!!
Known good sellers are (in no particular order)
Daguin
scopeguy
yobresal
etc....
(i would add lasersbee but he has a real store)

if you feel you should be on this list please create a poll in the poll section and let it be voted on for 7 days, and don't click to keep voters anonymous"

this is what it should look like =p

Status
Not open for further replies.