Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Request for documents regarding 589 nm yellow laser builds

Sorry for double post,
found few more documents of Yellow laser..

2W Yellow CW Laser - 2017 >>
Generation of 578nm Yellow Laser >>
578nm Ytterbium Laser >>
Narrow linewidth 578nm light >>
Yellow narrow line width external cavity >>

non-linear-crystal.jpg

Last edited:

Nice finds, ArcticDude. I love reading these scientific papers on developments of yellow lasers.

18LJ

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1054660X1110001X
Not quite yellow but it seems equally complex to produce 550nm, the article describes it as a solid state fiber pumped tunable laser, pumping at different powers between 1080nm-1100 creating a range from 540nm-550nm. Fiber doped with ytterbium. Its a bit beyond my grasp of understanding but i get the idea of the whole process for the most part, however can anyone clue me in on what exactly a necsel is? Is this the same process with a trademarked label or is it a different way of producing 550nm? I saw this 2w 550nm laser that you can order with a development kit and ive been obsessed with desire ever since. (Unfortunately will not be buying anytime soon unless i win the lottery)
Green Developer's Kit - Necsel
Also i remember reading in a really old photonics book about experiments with optical storage in the 90s with yellow wavelength diodes but the research didnt go anywhere, and for the longest time i searched unsuccessfully for more info about yellow diodes. Then i came across this
II-VI semiconductor green laser diode achieves lower current threshold
even though reading about semiconductor crystal growth processes is like putting a bunch of big words that i have little understanding of beyond vague recognition of sci-jargon techspeak into my brain and having them bounce around my head like rubber balls in a box leaving me confused and feeling slightly dimwitted....im still super excited for 560nm diodes to hit the scene, (though again its unlikely ill own one anytime soon unless i hit that lottery jackpot)

I see you list your location as Puget Sound. I live in north Tacoma when I can see the sound from my porch. There are a few of us who are members here.

Even though it is low power, it is a work of art in how they were able to align so many pieces to get the end result. Fascinating. Can't rep you again so soon.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
How much? Bet they aren't cheap. Still, eventually, they should go down in price and that would make a great RGB laser.

About time these popped up. I've been waiting to hear one of these got developed... ever since the 520s started showing up in mass. These will be fun when they are available

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've seen research into making a RGB diodes for a while now. But i'm glad to see an actual product at last. I saw a couple of chinese sellers claiming to have rgb diodes but they were nothing of the sort. This is great news. :)