Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Request for documents regarding 589 nm yellow laser builds

Wanted - Yellow laser info:

If anyone has photo's of a 589 nm or any other yellow wavelength, including 561 nm, or articles regarding optical cavities for the generation of yellow wavelength lasers please post links or photo's to this thread.

I'm putting together a small library of information regarding yellow lasers I would like to share with others.

Here's what I have so far:

Yellow Wavelength Lasers - 561, 589 +

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Scientific papers are usually a good start which you have already started including. Nice thread idea.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good idea. While I don't have any documents saved, I do have the theoretical wavelength chart with the crystal info/lines that might help aid research. Link in my sig.

For yellow DPSS, you'll see 556nm, 561nm, 577nm (? Cni has it. Not sure if dpss or opsl), 589nm, and 593.5nm. 589 and 593.5 are SFG, others are regular frequency doubling.

I have a bunch of reviews out there for these.. 561, 589, and I think 593.5... need to dig for that link. Feel free to use any pictures I took.

edit: 593.5nm pictures are gone forever, imageshack terminated my account due to inactivity.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Nice Chart ZRaffleticket. :beer:
If only all of those wavelengths were easily achievable.

Thanks ZRaffleticket, I started to move some of your info over there.

This might end up being good enough for a sticky, subbing to stay updated.

Edit: Sticky'd :yh:

Last edited:
Also -- on the bottom of the theoretical wavelength document I have, there are other pages than just Nd:YAG, in case you didn't see them all.

Great idea, Chris. I've seen some of the pdf papers you have in your listing. Don't currently have a good link for you, but will keep this thread in mind when I do.

Thanks Paul and everyone who might contribute.

Also -- on the bottom of the theoretical wavelength document I have, there are other pages than just Nd:YAG, in case you didn't see them all.

Wow, I didn't look to see all those tabs before, lots of great info. I have tried to upload the doc to that web site, but they don't allow that format. I will see what I can do.

Edit: ZRaffleticket, I made a tinyurl link to the full document on the imageevent page for yellow laser docs.

Last edited:
Here's few more if DYE lasers are accepted:

https://www.osapublishing.org/ol/abstract.cfm?uri=ol-38-18-3604

http://mlilm.iqfr.csic.es/materiales_laser_ing/index_ing.html

http://www.nature.com/nphoton/journal/v6/n9/full/nphoton.2012.201.html

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adfm.201300198/abstract

Chirs, you probably want back to school when you get back..

“Jintai Li working on dye laser on the night of 13-14 January 2015 at the Lidar Research Laboratory, Poker Flat Research Range. The dye laser produces yellow light at 589 nm, and is a secondary lidar in the MTeX experiment. Jinta Li is a graduate student working on his MS in atmospheric science at the University of Alaska Fairbanks”

http://uafairbanks.tumblr.com/post/108210223951/jintai-li-working-on-dye-laser-on-the-night-of

I am also interested in dye lasers to produce yellow, much appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

H2Oxide provided a PM full of links, posting here as well as chasing after the docs later to see how many of them I can DL.

Links:

Synchronization of 1064 and 1319 nm Pulses Emitted from Actively Mode-Locked Nd:YAG Lasers and Its Application to 589 nm Sum-Frequency Generation

Simultaneous Generation of Multi-Wavelength Laser from Nd:YAG Crystals in a Cruciform Cavity

Continuous-wave, all-solid-state, single-frequency 400-mW source at 589 nm based on doubly resonant sum-frequency mixing in a monolithic lithium niobate resonator

20 W of continuous-wave sodium D-2 resonance radiation from sum-frequency generation with injection-locked lasers

Intracavity sum-frequency generation of 3.23W continuous-wave yellow light in an Nd:YAG laser

33 W quasi-continuous-wave narrow-band sodium D2a laser by sum-frequency generation in LBO

Single-pass sum-frequency-generation of 589-nm yellow light based on dual-wavelength Nd:YAG laser with periodically-poled LiTaO3 crystal

589-nm yellow laser generation by intra-cavity sum-frequency mixing in a T-shaped Nd:YAG laser cavity

High power narrowband 589nm frequency doubled fibre laser source

50W CW visible laser source at 589nm obtained via frequency doubling of three coherently combined narrow-band Raman fibre amplifiers

A 4.8-W M2 = 4.6 Continuous-Wave Intracavity Sum-Frequency Diode-Pumped Solid-State Yellow Laser

20 W CW 589 nm sodium beacon excitation source for adaptive optical telescope applications

Generation of tuneable 589nm radiation as a Na guide star source using an optical parametric amplifier

CW light sources at the 589 nm sodium D2 line by sum-frequency mixing of diode pumped neodymium lasers

Realization of a 50-watt facility-class sodium guidestar pump laser

589 nm light generation by intracavity mixing in a Nd:YAG laser

Efficient 494 mW sum-frequency generation of sodium resonance radiation at 589 nm by using a periodically poled Zn:LiNbO3 ridge waveguide

Multi-watt 589nm fiber laser source

589 nm sum-frequency generation laser for the LGS/AO of Subaru Telescope

Wow. A lot of great information has accumulated here in a very short time. I hadn't been able to look in recently until now. Will do what I can to add to the information here.