Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Remove heat filter

Like others have said, there is no point in taking out the infrared filter. It wont really increase your burning power. I dont understand how it can be possible that it looks brighter, but burns less. It doesn't really work that way. Its good that you got it for cheap, and yes 200mW pen lasers do exist, but they are VERY unstable and dont usually last too long due to thermal breakdown. It's possible that the pump diode MIGHT be 200mW, but I bet its like 10mW of green.

diachi

with a 200mW pump he could actually get around 60mW , depening on efficiency of the crystals.

Diachi

borgqueenx said:
pen sized 200mw lasers do exist.

goto dealextreme and search for 200mw. many people got a 200mw there. minimal 150mw, maximum 250mw.
to bad you guys cant help me to let it burn, i know this one is more brighter compared to my 50mw laser.
Not pen sized greens, the "200mW" one on DX does not put out 200mW.

Once again, removing the IR filter will NOT help you burning things, the IR will just spread out and do NOTHING to what you are trying to burn.

Like others have said too, that laser is most likely no more than 30mW, it IS an ebayser.

i cant show you pictures, they are identical.
You only see the difference at night, the ebay laser goes futher then the true 50mw laser of dealextreme.

have you tried a lens yet? if you cannot burn any better than the true 30 with a lens then your eyes are just playing tricks on you because it doesn't make any sense

Bionic-Badger said:
No, I mean pictures of the laser itself, not the beam.

to show you 2 desame models of a laser?
cant show you the difference as well, becouse my touch diamond camera cant get any of those 2 beams on photo or video. already tried to make a review for DX.

So it looks exactly like the DX newwish lasers (the silver with black rubber grip)???

I highly doubt it has an IR filter then. Nobody bothers to make those things with IR filters on them.

diachi

Well Optotronics pen lasers look like that do they now, I'm sure they have IR filters, but I am also sure that they have correct power readings :p