Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Remember When ??

I never liked the round driver boards as they were more difficult to heat sink properly. Using the driver as the contact board just didn't do it for me.

Hi Paul,
Thats true but I just wanted to bring up when we had so many good drivers to choose from. Now we are wanting more driver options.
Thanks for looking buddy..
Rich:)

Yes, I do remember when buying a driver was more complicated by the number of drivers available. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

Hi,
Yes we had an over abundance of drivers back then to cover a multitude of applications, if we needed them or not, yes the were the day guys... If you look at the pic boost drives on that magnitude of choice were crazy in a good way..Rich:)

I suppose if demand drops low enough - then those that made drivers in the past may not want to keep making them and selling them around.

Perhaps my intent to design a new driver the other month was misguided - it seems there's plenty of designs, just that availability is an issue. Are any of the designs for those open-sourced or the original designers happy to let another user do a batch run of them?

I don't do much hardware/PCB stuff at work - and it's what I want to be doing - so even if there's only very small numbers of people interested I'd be happy to try and replicate a board from schematics or even a rough idea of the architecture of a given driver to make up a batch...

Last edited:
Hi,
The SXD and X Drive and the Nano plus the flex drive and the black bucks are what we have now. All are awesome drivers and we should be grateful for that. I only posted this thread to show how the abundance of drivers depreciated over time for different types of applications to suit our need in the specialty sector. And if there are some other folks that can come up with others that would be a plus for more choices. and to mention the pico's and super drives.

Can't whine too much about drivers. If you go back FAR enough on this board, I remember the time when the only drivers available were kits or DIY. That was it.

And finding anything else was non-existent.

I wish Angelos was still making the continuous ground adjustable X-Drive. I still have a new one in my stock, but after it's gone, that's it for me. If you needed a driver for a case negative diode, that was by far the best driver you could use. By shorting two resistors together, you could change the range of the driver from low current to higher current.

Hi No grappling about drivers just stating there were so many at one time. I am grateful for What we have now.
At Paul,
Yes Angelos made those great x drive continuous with bridging capable. I really liked theSXD with the loooong ramp up for the gig boy diodes'