Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reliable source for 532nm modules?

Hi,

I've been researching and trying to find some sources for a good 532nm module, preferably 300-600mW. What I'm trying to look for is a pre-built module, with driver/pot/pump diode etc. Would this be a reliable listing from eBay?

10mW 30mW 50mW 100mW 200mW Green DOT Laser Module With Driver Wire Spring 12mm | eBay

I'm questioning it, as it is from China but the seller's got OK feedback and it looks like a fairly legitimate listing. I had also taken a look at fasttech, but I would rather something of higher power as I stated earlier on, around 300-600mW.

Anybody else know some good sources for a 532nm module like this? Thanks

hmmm CNI,Eforce Laser, Lasever are the only source that i know of when it comes to dpss module...

hmmm CNI,Eforce Laser, Lasever are the only source that i know of when it comes to dpss module...

all pretty expensive... I e-mailed Eforce and asked them for prices, I was pretty surprised at the prices :yabbem: is this normal for these laser specs or they overpriced?

PGL-VI-532 100mw 290USD/pc
PGL-H-532 800mw 1190USD/pc

My knowledge in DPSS and 532nm is lacking, so excuse the lack of understanding :p

yep seem normal to me.... at least the laser will be overspec i'm talking 80omw as lowest and average around 1000mw while peak at 1200mw.... and if the laser is defective, or underspec, the Eforce guy will replace it.....it also come with power graph and so on...

OVNI

Hi,

I've been researching and trying to find some sources for a good 532nm module, preferably 300-600mW. What I'm trying to look for is a pre-built module, with driver/pot/pump diode etc. Would this be a reliable listing from eBay?

10mW 30mW 50mW 100mW 200mW Green DOT Laser Module With Driver Wire Spring 12mm | eBay

I'm questioning it, as it is from China but the seller's got OK feedback and it looks like a fairly legitimate listing. I had also taken a look at fasttech, but I would rather something of higher power as I stated earlier on, around 300-600mW.

Anybody else know some good sources for a 532nm module like this? Thanks

The thing is, DPSS also produces IR also which might be part of the advertised power output. So I'd look to see if it's specifically advertised as 200mW of 532nm (for get what you pay for reasons) plus whether it has an IR filter (for safety reasons). And/or ask the seller but they may not really know unless they're in the laser business.

The thing is, DPSS also produces IR also which might be part of the advertised power output. So I'd look to see if it's specifically advertised as 200mW of 532nm (for get what you pay for reasons) plus whether it has an IR filter (for safety reasons). And/or ask the seller but they may not really know unless they're in the laser business.

Good point. There's no baseline/standard ratio for 532nm:IR is there? If so that would be a good way to calculate IR vs output wavelength

*cough cough* you won't have to worry about IR if you buy module from reliable sources like CNI; Eforce..... i reccomend Eforce over CNI....... eforce accept paypal and they located in Australia.... while CNI you have to jump through loopssss

Reactions: GSS
The trouble with getting a DPSSL modules at powers at and above 300mW is the price is always going to be high. I got a package deal a few years ago from aptlightingworld on eBay for a half dozen 200mW modules and actually contacted them outside of eBay and set up a pretty good price. I think it turned out to be about $30.00 per module and I bought the filters separately. By heat sinking the output transistor I was able to push them over 250mW. But, in the power you are looking for, be ready to separate yourself from a lot of cash.

Last edited:
The trouble with getting a DPSSL modules at powers at and above 300mW is the price is always going to be high. I got a package deal a few years ago from aptlightingword on eBay for a half dozen 200mW modules and actually contacted them outside of eBay and set up a pretty good price. I think it turned out to be about $30.00 per module and I bought the filters separately. By heat sinking the output transistor I was able to push them over 250mW. But, in the power you are looking for, be ready to separate yourself from a lot of cash.

Wow, great deal you got there. As I continue to research I have found some very *very* high prices lol. I've been looking at user lyzq2000 on eBay, best prices I've found, also has a 100% positive feedback rating. Extremely good/rare for a chinese seller on eBay.

Wow, great deal you got there. As I continue to research I have found some very *very* high prices lol. I've been looking at user lyzq2000 on eBay, best prices I've found, also has a 100% positive feedback rating. Extremely good/rare for a chinese seller on eBay.

I was looking back on my post and found the seller name was a typo. It should have been aptlightingworld. I haven't been back there in awhile, but the sales manager there was Lilly, I think.

Edit: I just checked to see if these were still offered. It looks shorter than they used to be, but they have a 200mW module with driver for $59.95. It is in aptlightingworld and the item # 330876154653.

If you decide to get this one, you can find the output transistor, which is a surface mount device, by feeling it as the only one that runs hot. You can heat sink it with these small aluminum self-adhesive heat sinks and, while measuring the output, adjust the power up to 250mW. If you have it in a decent heat sink for the brass module, it should run for as long as you like.

Last edited:

GSS

I was looking back on my post and found the seller name was a typo. It should have been aptlightingworld. I haven't been back there in awhile, but the sales manager there was Lilly, I think.

Edit: I just checked to see if these were still offered. It looks shorter than they used to be, but they have a 200mW module with driver for $59.95. It is in aptlightingworld and the item # 330876154653.

If you decide to get this one, you can find the output transistor, which is a surface mount device, by feeling it as the only one that runs hot. You can heat sink it with these small aluminum self-adhesive heat sinks and, while measuring the output, adjust the power up to 250mW. If you have it in a decent heat sink for the brass module, it should run for as long as you like.
paul, I can't find that sight but I can find www.Lillyelectronics.com that I always wanted to buy from but I can't seem to want to pay that much with Fasttech's being so cheap. So you have for sure cranked them up to 200+mw?

Last edited:
GSS, I tried, just now, to enter the item number and the item came up. These are 532nm DPSSL modules with the driver attached. They are rated at 200mW, but if you heat sink the output transistor on the driver board and measure the power output from the laser as you slowly increase the power with the current adjust on the driver, you can get 250mW out of them. I've done it before.

GSS

paul, ok I found it. I kinda now remember that name but either way another hidden gem type place. Shaddow6 on this forum has used a few of those modules to mod his Klingon Distrupter weapon. Some plug in play type of modules and some neat sinks. Thx buddy for looking:beer:

I might just swap out one of my fastech modules for one of theirs on one of my Diamond Select Star Trek Phasers.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought a few of those Fastech modules and they don't compare to these. You really do get what you pay for. Anytime I can help, buddy.

Pman

So do those modules have an IR filter or not and if not what % of IR do they have? Did you measure multiple modules for IR to verify it was consistent?
I've bought a ton of the Fasttech modules and been able to set a lot of them over 100mW subtracting the IR content out (no filter with them of course). At under $6 they are a great bargain. So easy to stick them in all kinds of things and get satisfaction with a very visible and great divergent beam. I'm always VERY suspicious of any sellers claim that they are selling legit modules over 100mW let alone 150 or 200. Comes from seeing so many people get ripped off when they are just the same ones Fasttech sells. Would have to see someone I trust test them or test one myself. No offense is meant. I've just seen so many people claim things and they don't even own an LPM.
The 200-250mW range for 532nm is not often seen. Usually you see the just over 100mW and under and then there's more of a power jump to 300 and above. In my opinion that's a good price for 200-250mW and really great if it's filtered.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I bought any of these, but I think the Fastech ones are using a 500mW 808nm diode and the 200mW one I referred to is using a 1000mW 808nm diode. I always measured the output of these or I wouldn't have made this claim. I haven't always used an IR filter, but I have enough times to know that the IR content on the output is about 20%. Now, it has been a couple years or longer since I used one of these and they may now be different, but the information I gave is correct.