Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red- no beam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
othcs.gif

Note that 650nm is not very high on the scale.

pwNd

Lol its not my eye nobody can see it x) i dunno but i keep it runnin on 350mA with no problem... Does anyone have 16x red with visible beam

Asherz

You may just have a very dust free environment, as mentioned try lighting a match in your room... That should be enough to get the beam going.

pwNd

But I could see the beam of my green 5mw and phr 120ma outdoors easily so i dont get how i cant see the beam of red(probb 150+mw)

pwNd

Its then probb lower in mw i should connect diode to ddl and set ma again

yes check the current on the driver and then if that all checks out to be fine then get the laser tested by a member here who has a laser power meter and see what it is putting out.

stuart :)

Green is bright to the eye, and blu-rays fluoresce.

The army used red filters on their flashlights in WW2 because it was harder for the enemy to see it.

Lol its not my eye nobody can see it x) i dunno but i keep it runnin on 350mA with no problem... Does anyone have 16x red with visible beam

Where did you get the diode from? (A sled, DVD burner, CD burner, or just a diode purchase'd from some where?)

This realy sounds like an IR diode (where the dot is red but since its Infrared (IR) the beam is not visible)
A laser that burn's but no visible beam :thinking:

This realy sounds like an IR diode (where the dot is red but since its Infrared (IR) the beam is not visible)

i dont think that it would be an ir diode because you can only really see the red dot in dark conditions at 2-3 feet max.

A red laser beam will not be very bright without something in the air for the photons to reflect off of.
The longer wavelengths in the visible spectrum are not reflected by the smaller particles in our air, so the beam will be much less pronounced than short wavelengths like blue or violet.

It doesn't sound like a problem with your laser.

I just turned on my 310mW red... Guess what?
Bright dot, but the beam is faint. It's normal.

Just add some smoke or fog. Problem solved.

Blade

hello, im new to this forum..... i just wanted to know about what mw is the beam (in darkness) of a 200mw 650nm red laser equal to (in green)? (ex: 200mw red compared to 10mw green???):D

hello, im new to this forum..... i just wanted to know about what mw is the beam (in darkness) of a 200mw 650nm red laser equal to (in green)? (ex: 200mw red compared to 10mw green):D

200mW of red is probably equal to about 30mW of green.

daguin

You really cannot tell much of anything by the "visibility" of the beam. It is so very dependent on what kind of and how much "stuff" is in the air. Here are a couple of shots of a green.

nova2.jpg

nova3.jpg

These beam shots are of the same laser taken within minutes of each other, without any change of batteries. What is the difference? The second one has a "visualizer" sprayed into the air.

If it is burning and you can see a good dot, stop worrying about the beam. It is fine. As I said before, burn some incense in the room.

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.