Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RED 335mW & VIOLET 248mW Stingray II for sale & !! Very Limited offer. !!!!

Milos

RED 320>mW & VIOLET 225>mW Stingray II !! Very Limited offer. !!!!

Hi guys, I need to try to recover from this years investment in this hobby. I built 6 units for anyone interested in owning high powered Stingray mod. I will not be building any lasers for sale until winter, (!) And even then, is a big "IF" as well.

These units are built with best components I can get, and with precision and utmost care in detail. This includes DrLavas V4 flex drives in Violet units, and best appropriate AR coated lenses from Jayrob. Or LarryD. They are very rugged and feel very solid in your hand, while having sleek glossy look.

RED ~658nm
Long open can diode from LPC-815 sled.

320mW !! at 445-446mA nominal. (450mA peak on startup with fresh battery)
Price $190 - Measures over 320mW regularly.
two units available only !

- Driver: LM317t current regulating driver with capacitor and diode for laser diode protection-built by me.
- Power supply: Two RCR 123 rechargeable batteries ( Ultrafire 880mAh included)
- Lens - Jayrob's 405-G-1 for folks who want extra thin beam

-All units have two part aluminum heat sink fit with arctic silver 5 for perfect joint.
-All units have easily adjustable focus by fingers, and very slow and solid feel, without any play thanks to Teflon tape trick!
-All units have about 25-30min of ON time to make sure they are good diodes. . I tested them with five cycles of 5-6min ON, 2-3min OFF.

I recommend duty cycle of 2min ON- 2min OFF ,

Every laser will come with rechargeable batteries, 110/220v charger, box and a small tripod stand with clip like on the picture. Tripod is cheap as hell, but it looks nice and does the job J

I will ship only via tractable method.
Shipping $10 USA
International - Contact me with your country info for specific rates.
Best regards

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 782
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 762
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 738
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 725
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 786
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 775
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:

Milos

Here are few shots for those interested in internals.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 734
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 716
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 716

Milos

Thanks,

First picture shows really well how beam is much narrower on Violets. Reds are still my favorite. Picture of four reds shows somewhat how quality lens makes difference not only in power, but nice tight beam as opposed to wide and soft. Two in the middle of this four reds have Jayrob's AR coated lenses. Two on the sides have cheap standard lenses.
Here is link to comparison of different lenses i tested. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1240164272

one 405 down..

Last edited:
I built 6 units ... These units are built with best components I can get, and with precision and utmost care in detail.
Wow, talk about really beautiful builds, inside and out :bowdown:

Say Milos, you noted that you built six but you've listed only four... are the other two for your personal collection or did I mis-read your post... :thinking:

:drool: I love your internals ! great work using two springs for power connection, anyone who gets one of these is truly lucky. and on top of that they look reeeaaly good too ! cudos on a great build!

Best Regards Pyro...

Milos

Wow, talk about really beautiful builds, inside and out :bowdown:

Say Milos, you noted that you built six but you've listed only four... are the other two for your personal collection or did I mis-read your post... :thinking:

well, I actually built 7, but one did not make it through my "quality check" one out of 4 6x GGL diodes died after 5 minutes of ON, never making it to second cycle. I will rebuild this Stingray some time in the future hopefully with 8x or 12x diode.

The other 6 are - 3 reds and 3 violets, but I listed only 2 and 2 as one old customer wants one of each soon. He's having second thoughts so i might list them.
I also have two low powered ones for ebay. <5mW

Flaminpyro,
thanks,
Springs are design of the host, I just had to unsolder light bulb, and solder two wires inside bulb socket. I reinforced springs with extra solder, but had to remove them first and center them in place better, as well as paint inner one with nail polish for complete isolation- just in case. This is really cheaply done in china, but it's a good start as i can't manufacture everything, but build and improve upon -taking it to next level in quality.

I enjoy taking care of every one individually. I doubt i will have time to build any more though. Its been a nice ride.

best regards all.

p.s.
here is what comes in a "Santa bag" ( white hard box for single Stingray II)
Wooden box comes only if someone orders set of two, which I will give with small discount $400 for any two.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DPP_00421.JPG
    DPP_00421.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 512
  • DPP_0040.JPG
    DPP_0040.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 498
  • DPP_0039.JPG
    DPP_0039.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
here is what comes in a "Santa bag" ( white hard box for single Stingray II)... Wooden box comes only if someone orders set of two, which I will give with small discount $400 for any two.

Wow, talk about pristine presentation, I'm really impressed, Milos!

:worthy:

Milos

I try to make best i can and make complete product. I am a customer myself, so I have pretty good idea what i would find to be good product. Again thanks.

I'm a bit surprised no one is biting on to 320-335mW> Reds, I'm only getting questions and offers for violets. These reds are most powerful red ever offered on this forum, and beam is way more visible than even my personal 332mW Violet Stingray.

p.s.
Please believe me that two Stingrays I offered on ebay are 5mW units and not trick to not get taken off. They are not burners and are FDA OK!

best regards

I'm a bit surprised no one is biting on to 320-335mW> Reds...
I'm going to take a guess that only the lens freaks know that the Meredith & 405-G-1 lenses contribute to the rather "impressive" price for a red.

Remove the cost of the lens (and adding a $5 AixiZ glass in it's place) and we have a $145 red in the 280-290 range, which is a very competitive price for such a professional build... :cool:

Milos

yep, even 280mW-290mW with their "fat" beam aren't very common at all. Note that my units are taking below 446mA nominal. I have seen most high powered reds here set at 460-500mA.
These Stingrays are very healthy and happy - if you know what i mean ! :)

peace

Last edited:

Milos

Yes that is the Stingray II host. There are 3 ( at least) different but very similar hosts. Some of them have better heat sink possibilities, some have worse.

Stingray 1, ? ahh.. talking about very first generation of portable bluerays. You can find it as my offer on this forum from some time 12 months ago or more. It was kind of popular and unique squarish design, with adjustable output fader. ..

.. memories ..:)