Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

recommendation for birds

Well it could be worse. A guy I know bought two pellet guns for him and his son to shoot all the birds in his neighborhood because "they annoy" him. They are not even on his property. The guy is a serious idiot :(

We Do Live in America.... And sadly Hes probably One of the Smart ones....

EDIT!!
LOL
wow - that was fast! here's one already! :)

General ordering probe into report of mind tricks - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan is ordering an investigation into charges that an army unit trained in psychological operations was improperly told to manipulate American senators to get more money and troops for the war.

I'm watching on TV right now about "How crazy" it is to think that the military would be able to brain wash the congress. The Military–industrial Complex in power Would NEVER try to keep themselves in Power... No Way... those Crazy 9/11 people again trying to spread lies....

Last edited:

xoxos

:p

well, using the phrase "military industrial complex" indicates your erudition.. (being eisenhower's closing statement.)

it's something that has been a part of my life for years. i went to school with g. giffords (the congresswoman who was shot last month) and have been burdened with public resistance to facts for a long time. most of the people i communicate with regularly have been molested by the freemasons, gas lighted/harassed in military communities et c. for being political or social activists. attempting to gently nurture public awareness is part of daily life.

of course, the rest of the time one is simply trying to live life without being stigmatised for unpopular beliefs.

eg. the (ex-) indiana attorney general's expressed belief that wisconsin protestors should be gunned down indicates that seriously irrational attitudes are not exactly rare in this country.

this is an interesting board - more traffic than i see for most music/video software forums.

the good thing is my bird hasn't bothered me since about the 5th handful of gravel this morning :p

@Leodahsan: It's not all doom and gloom. Few summers ago there was aseagull by the river that couldn't fly or walk. I wrapped it in my jumper and took it home (by bus :crackup: i love taking animals on public buses). It seemed to have trouble eating, but i gave it some tuna anyway. I kept it overnight in an old rabbit hutch and gave it to a vet the next day. Few weeks later i found an injured pigeon. Similar story, but he didn't live long enough to get to the vet. I doubt the seagull survived either, but it was better it died in the vet's office than drowned when the tide came in.

Hmmm I don't think you understand. I was trying to convince him to throw some peebles (he is most likely to miss, because of that he is searching for a laser :p) rather than pointing a laser that can hurt the bird. IMO throw a peeble is better than pointing a 200mW greenie on it lol.

Hmmm I don't think you understand. I was trying to convince him to throw some peebles (he is most likely to miss, because of that he is searching for a laser :p) rather than pointing a laser that can hurt the bird. IMO throw a peeble is better than pointing a 200mW greenie on it lol.

No, i don't think you understand. :evil:

I was trying to do what i do best, bouncing threads off-topic into a de-railled realm of oblivion. :eg:

Stop trying to defend the rails! ;)

@JaiNobeZ
Well, now I don't understand :thinking: are you talking about lego or playmobil?

This thread hurts my head.

Someone must be focusing a laser speaker on me through the internet...

shhh

Bird bombs. or shotgun blanks
They have something called bird spikes made of plastic so they dont land.
How effective they are i dunno.

Another solution get a cat.

@shhh
Search for a thread called 'post your gun (pics)' and post some there. Necropost shouldn't be a problem there, as it should be on the 'other' section. ;)

Benm

It really depends on the bird, but most are really scared of the bright green beam of even a
5mW 532nm pointer and try to avoid it at all cost.

Well, i've tried lasers to scare off pigeons s(h)itting on my balcony railing.

I've found them to be completely ineffective, both red and green. I've gone as far as swiping the lasers across their eyes, but they simple do not budge.

Perhaps these pigeons are just pesky beyond reason, but i sincerely doubt i could get them to move with a laser unless i literally set their tail feathers on fire.

Well, i've tried lasers to scare off pigeons s(h)itting on my balcony railing.

I've found them to be completely ineffective, both red and green. I've gone as far as swiping the lasers across their eyes, but they simple do not budge.

Perhaps these pigeons are just pesky beyond reason, but i sincerely doubt i could get them to move with a laser unless i literally set their tail feathers on fire.
That Is just so wrong, You tried to blind the bird? Poor thing now he probably "poops" all over the place instead of in 1 gigantic pile. Funny tho there still there huh?

@shhh

I have seven. :yh:

edit: cats, not shotguns LOL.

Oh no your Not one of them "cat" people Are You??? cats are cool I have 1 and have had a few others in my life. I love my cat(s). but your not one of them people that thinks there just like people and think like people and that cats need the same rights as people blah blah... are you? I hope your not, are you?

xoxos

i sincerely doubt i could get them to move with a laser unless i literally set their tail feathers on fire.

there's got to be some threshold where the bird will feel some discomfort and acknowledge it (pigeons are way stoic, doves, otoh, tend to overact, though oc ymmv with each individual bird). i've just finished a blowgun which i'll be using with half-q-tips tomorrow. knowing my luck i'll miss on every shot.

cats are pretty useless for this. the bird comes and sits in the top branches every 20 minutes, flies off when i throw gravel at it and comes back. both our cats are likely to be hawk food if they go that far up a tree.

this is why i'm looking at a burning laser. i'm not going to hit it with water (i found the best water pistol was a recommissioned bicycle pump). you can shout, wave sticks at it, the bird has no interest in making me happy.

it looks like the super 100s are the best deal on something that will actually burn. i'll try my improvised blowgun first.

Oh no your Not one of them "cat" people Are You??? cats are cool I have 1 and have had a few others in my life. I love my cat(s). but your not one of them people that thinks there just like people and think like people and that cats need the same rights as people blah blah... are you? I hope your not, are you?

I take care of homeless/wounded/sick cats. :wtf: are you talking about? I have cats that have been hit by cars, bitten by dogs or infested by parasites. I've did my best to heal and they are like new now, just waiting for a home. Someone has to do it, when something like SPCA just don't exist on your country.

I just don't treat they like people lol, they are just animals. Anyways, I'd never harm any cat, bird or dog. :yabbmad:

I take care of homeless/wounded/sick cats. :wtf: are you talking about? I have cats that have been hit by cars, bitten by dogs or infested by parasites. I've did my best to heal and they are like new now, just waiting for a home. Someone has to do it, when something like SPCA just don't exist on your country.

I just don't treat they like people lol, they are just animals. Anyways, I'd never harm any cat, bird or dog. :yabbmad:

Thats cool. I agree with what your doing thats good. I just have heard that some people cook there cat food. And Talk to them and think there having a conversation with the cat and it understands them. All sorts of crazy things... Thats what I meant:beer: