Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Recent experience with lazerer

Arshus

The reasons and/or excuses for a company's failure aren't relevant. The bottom line is if a company is unable to satisfy their customers, they will lose the business.

If the company was run by a friend, or if its a local business, and there was an emergency, I would hold my order to give that person the business, that's just the type of person I am.

But then again, that would require a response wouldn't it?

Exactly running a business should if anything happen inform customers on their website and not let people speculate what has happend or not thats not making them look any good really , and dont tell me waiting weeks for an answer is normal, its not.

Last edited:

Arshus

Lol Greenlander just neg reps anyone that does not share his opinion. Everyone on here is entitled to their point of view and to share those thoughts with others. Please don't abuse the rep system.

Shame on you!

P.S. Greenlander: You neg reped mortuus who is a new member that has done nothing wrong; for simply sharing his opinion with us. Reflect on that.

-Sal

DJNY

he doesn´t make that much profit with these Lasers

wrong

Believe me, these chinese laser companies (lazerer, o-like, rayfoss, priceangels..........) make a lot out of their sales. Don´t know about their shipping costs, but the prices listed are at least 100-150 % higher than they pay at their suppliers. That´s even about small quantities with 5-10pcs.

wrong

Believe me, these chinese laser companies (lazerer, o-like, rayfoss, priceangels..........) make a lot out of their sales. Don´t know about their shipping costs, but the prices listed are at least 100-150 % higher than they pay at their suppliers. That´s even about small quantities with 5-10pcs.

I believe honeyx is comparing the company's prices to the price it would cost to build an individual laser of the same specs. (like DIYing one)

As lazerer charges ~120 for a 1 - 1.5w laser it would cost you about $100 to DIY.

However, lazerer probably only needs to pay 50-60$ to manufacture the laser because of bulk discounts etc...

Hope that helps :D

:beer:
-Matt

honeyx

wrong

Hm and you know for sure? This is a bit strange because I was in touch with Max when I ordered mine for the review and afterwards.

So well Max told me how much he has to pay for the laser I wanted and how much I have to pay. There was $15 profit for him if I would order one without the waterproof protection glas and just $10 for the one with the glas included.

I asked for the one with the glas so he went right after my mail to his suplier and reported back when he got it. Then he tested the output and the same day it got shipped. He also dropped a charger in, so with the laser he shipped to me he made almost no profit at all.

And just by the way. I don´t think he were lieing to me. He just started the business and was honest about everything that time. I also think with higher qunatities he would get more profit per sale, but after talking to him about an half year later he still didn´t came over the stage to be a one person company.

Last edited:

DJNY

PM me and I send you the page of one of their suppliers ;)

No, of course people won´t lie when it comes to business :rolleyes:

honeyx

No, of course people won´t lie when it comes to business :rolleyes:

Most do of course because they do not want to tell all their secrets and this is quite normal in every business.

But I think you don´t know the whole story behind this. He came here by wanting to make bisiness with lasers and was also told by many members to be honest under all circumstates. Some of us were in touch with him and reviewed the lasers he offered and there was no doubt he was honest to them too.

I´ve talked with him about his business to and he even told me there is no office under the official adress because as far I remember he had to pay 700 somewhat (not sure it was dollars or chinese money ) just for the adress to recive mail. For a office room he would have to pay way more than this which was beyond his budget.

About the lasers and it´s prices. I´ve asked him too why they are so expencive to him. He told me he could get them way cheaper but with a lot of crap in between, so he has an arrangement with his supplier where he pays more but can pick up the units by a first visual test for host, beam quality and brightness.

I can´t tell how things changed later, but this was the informations he gave me at the beginning. I ordered about one year later a few laserunits at him and it took way more time to arrive but for example the 200mW green module I got was still way better than what I got from O-Like.

And well O-Like is also just a 2 person company. They are doing big but they aren´t.

DJNY

I´m here long and frequently enough to know the story behind lazerer (and many other chinese laser companies).

It was the same with Rayfoss, O-Like, Laserlands. They come to this forum, searchin for help and reviewers to get more popular. Once they´re established well enough, they don´t care that much for the single customers as at the beginning. They´re more complaints about lazerer lately. For example people don´t recommend Rayfoss (and O-Like) any longer, they became crappy. Hope Lazerer doesn´t go the same way.

thejoker301 is a good alternative for chinese companies. He has the same supplier as Lazerer and Skylasers, but much better customer service.
Anyway, laser business is lucrative. I would be able to make good money locally, but I don´t trust people. Won´t be able to read the news about local laser accidents.

But yeah I get most of the lazerer-prices, 50-80 % off.

Arshus

I´m here long and frequently enough to know the story behind lazerer (and many other chinese laser companies).

It was the same with Rayfoss, O-Like, Laserlands. They come to this forum, searchin for help and reviewers to get more popular. Once they´re established well enough, they don´t care that much for the single customers as at the beginning. They´re more complaints about lazerer lately. For example people don´t recommend Rayfoss (and O-Like) any longer, they became crappy. Hope Lazerer doesn´t go the same way.

thejoker301 is a good alternative for chinese companies. He has the same supplier as Lazerer and Skylasers, but much better customer service.
Anyway, laser business is lucrative. I would be able to make good money locally, but I don´t trust people. Won´t be able to read the news about local laser accidents.

But yeah I get most of the lazerer-prices, 50-80 % off.

I think what DJ meant to say was:

The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Laser companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Lazerer is not the first. By utilizing LFP's funding, Laser companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and they will end because we demand it.

lol j/k...

Seriously tho I don't doubt those profit margins at all DJ. It has to be above 50% to be able to make money with their kind of volume. The funny thing is i've been on here for almost 4 years now and all the little companies like the ones you mention: Rayfoss, O-like...they come and go because ultimately, they do indeed "get crappy". For example Skylasers is hot right now, but who knows in 6 months?

The only ones that are still going strong are ones like Opto(Viasho) & Laserglow(CNI). I wonder what their profit margins are?

-Sal

myself, i never could see sending money to china for anything other than a green dpss. they do have some cool hosts, but i like the beam. for a red or blue or violet laser it's best to go to our buy, sell and trade section or build it yourself.

rddone

Sooo... I still want a 1W blue focusable laser.
I tried to buy one from laserer after lurking here.
I have a 75mW green laser from Dragon lasers that I got about 4 years ago for a laser light show thing that still works fine.
It shuts off after 10 minutes or so if I run it at full power, but cant look at the lines on the wall without seeing spots.
Was thinking about ordering from them.
Probably doesnt count, but I have a 40W CO2 cnc laser from FSL. Power supply burnt out after a bit under a year, but fixed under warranty.
-Rob

Tmack

I've had good experiences with dragon. But I'd rather have a custom built laser from the forum any day if you don't want to build your own.