Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Received replacement 200mW flx from rayfoss. Still underpowered!!?

About a month ago i ordered and received a 200mW "flx" model laser from rayfoss, along with 3 spare 18650 batteries. I could not get it to light a match, even at 2 inches distance. Yes, i tried focusing it, all the batteries, different matches, i was steady, i observed the duty cycle etc....

So I sent it back for a replacement laser, about 2 weeks ago, and i received the replacement back from rayfoss today. But, I still cannot get the damn thing to light a match.

So, before i badmouth rayfoss, can anyone tell me if i'm doing something wrong?

Could i have bad batteries? (I do have a volt meter and each tests to about 4.12V when charged)

Thanks.

IsaacT

You are focusing it, correct? It won't light it if it isn't focused. Also, I have a 200mW red from them as well and it takes a bit of time to light the match if it isn't colored black and batteries are not 100% full.

I am focusing it, and i have colored the match heads black with a sharpie, i have also charged the batteries.

Is it possible that the batteries I have are not outputting enough amps? Is it possible that a battery that reads 4.12V can be bad?

Can someone briefly explain mAh and how it relates to the beam power of a laser?

Thanks.

^^ Well if your battery comes straight off the charger at 4.12v and your charger, Charges to 4.20v and higher then iam pretty sure its your battery.

Also some times batteries would read fully charged but when there under load they might not be holding that charge. I would try another battery. But you say you have tried 3 spare. How old are the Cells.?

How did you test the Output power of this laser.?

The batteries i have a supposedly brand new, i got them from rayfoss with the laser. They are blue Ultrafire batteries.

I don't have a video camera, but i am confident that the laser is properly focused. I even put the laser directly on my finger for 30 sec and i could not perceive any warmth whatsoever from the beam.

I think i have yet another bad laser from rayfoss. I am going to email them and request either a refund, or maybe another replacement. Anyone considering a purchase from them should be aware that it is risky, i'll let you knw if they respond to my request.