Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Received my Hyperion Cuprum. And kind words to all.

i honestly had no interest in an LPM for a long time but as I collected more and more laser I started to wonder just how much power these things were puting out. I actually had a member almost a year ago tell me that I'll want one eventually, in the back of my head I felt I had no need for one. Little did I know that he'd be right, I wish I could remember who told me but I can't remember. I'm glad I finally got one and I'm actually making plans to buy a LaserBee also, eventually. I kinda feel no need to post pictures since you all know what it looks like but I will as soon as I get a Photobucket. I definitely just wanna say thanks again to Astralist for taking the time to make these things and pretty much replace Radiant in a way.
This community means a lot to me and it's pretty much like family, you all are great people and I always look forward to signing in everyday.

-Richie

BobMc

Congrats Richie on your LPM. Haa, who ever told you that must have known the Laser Hobby pretty well. :)
Whoever, give him a quick shoutout :)

Astralist does take the time to answer all of your questions, know when I bought off him, he took the time to spell things out for me, helped me a great deal. Enjoy your new LPM. Their great tools to have. :)

Last edited:
Richie, I remember. ;) I'm glad you finally got one and can do data logging as well. You'll be surprised at the test equipment you'll be buying if you continue with this hobby. Every little bit helps you understand what you are doing better than just guessing.

Last edited:
It makes me happy seeing anyone being helped by my creation :beer:
One of the main reason why i decided to sell cheap LPM is to help those in need of cheap LPM with small budget towards non-laser-things :D.
And as you know, both hobby/proffesional LPM besides Hyperion are all heavy-priced.

off-topic spoiler alert:
I kinda hesitant to enter driver market, but soon i'll also selling a 6A and 12A driver for those recent current-hungry monster diode :shhh:

Last edited:
off-topic spoiler alert:
I kinda hesitant to enter driver market, but soon i'll also selling a 6A and 12A driver for those recent current-hungry monster diode :shhh:

That's interesting, astralist. I'll have to get one and do the necessary testing for the forum. :D

Great. Let me know when it's available. :thanks:

Last edited:

BobMc

off-topic spoiler alert:

A 12 amp driver? Than all we would need is a diode that could handle it.
Can you imagine it would be; :lasergun:

Fun :D

Ps, sorry to go off topic. :)

Congrats Richie on your LPM. Haa, who ever told you that must have known the Laser Hobby pretty well. :)
Whoever, give him a quick shoutout :)

Astralist does take the time to answer all of your questions, know when I bought off him, he took the time to spell things out for me, helped me a great deal. Enjoy your new LPM. Their great tools to have. :)
They definitely did, I may go back to some old threads to see who it was, it might have been Paul to be honest, lol I sure do love having one now, and thanks again Bob :)

Richie, I remember. ;) I'm glad you finally got one and can do data logging as well. You'll be surprised at the test equipment you'll be buying if you continue with this hobby. Every little bit helps you understand what you are doing better than just guessing.
You're right, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if in a couple years I'll want a Spectrometer, that sure would be a great tool to have also. I was looking at that data log feature, I think I'll work on that soon :D

It makes me happy seeing anyone being helped by my creation :beer:
One of the main reason why i decided to sell cheap LPM is to help those in need of cheap LPM with small budget towards non-laser-things :D.
And as you know, both hobby/proffesional LPM besides Hyperion are all heavy-priced.

off-topic spoiler alert:
It's definitely a great creation :)
I honestly don't have any idea how you figured out how to make one because the whole setup looks complex.
That driver project would be pretty bad A$$ that's definitely some serious current. And if you're successful in that you can try to create the worlds first 589nm diode :p
Hah! We all wish.