Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Real question about burning!

• Thread starter Stephen j gilman
  • Start date
S

Stephen j gilman

Well it's going to be mounted inside of the box. So holding it will not be a problem. The lid has a hole where Im going to mount the laser. You can see it in the pic on page one!

And I did so say it was old! Look right above the pic! It's says ps the card is OLD!!! lol

Well it's going to be mounted inside of the box. So holding it will not be a problem. The lid has a hole where Im going to mount the laser. You can see it in the pic on page one!

And I did so say it was old! Look right above the pic! It's says ps the card is OLD!!! lol

"Ps. Old address... I'm not that dumb... Or am I?"

I have a few cards that have an old address on it that is still good. But anyways yeah if you set it up it will burn through but it will cut the lasers power some depending on the glass used.
It's why we like to use low loss high quality lenses for our lasers with an anti reflective coating.

IsaacT

what if he set up a convex lens, closer to the "items to be burned"? that way, although the beam gets a small portion of its power reflected away from the glass, it hits a focusing lens before hitting the bowl so as to gain some of the power back by improving the density of energy....not sure how good it wood work, but it seems to me that in theory, it would help recover some power.

S

Stephen j gilman

So you can get a lens to focus the beam more? Cool where could I get such a lens? Also can I use a pair of binoculars "no idea how to spell" to adjust the beam? I could get the lenses from inside!!!

a while ago i rembemer WL or some company way working on a "laser water pipe" try the search function. i also remember that they were using a red laser. i don't think it ever went to market though

sorry if this was posted, i haven't been following the thread... remember that what ever way you choose, set up the laser so no smoke/soot can get to the lens. because if it does it will fry on to the lens and kill your dreams.

michael.

S

Stephen j gilman

Shoot!!! Wicked lasers did make a laser bong!!! Ahhh I want to make one! But I still have not seen a laser vape.

YouTube laser bong!

IsaacT

Laser vape....hmm, that sounds like something that would be hard to do since the laser heats a precise point and a vaporizer heats the whole amount to a precise temperature....

On another note, I now need to go look at Wicked's site...not planning on purchasing anything, but it would be cool to see how they designed it.

Gilman you might want to get a lab laser for this kind of thing. It would work better for you.

you won't see it on the wicked site. it was over a year ago and was never offered to public

S

Stephen j gilman

It not anywhere on the website! But I'm going to write them and ask if they have any in a backstock. Or if they can make a custom one!!!

Lol the video is amazing!

S

Stephen j gilman

Wow got an answer from wicked lasers!

Not what I asked! I asked if they had the "laser bong bowl" from the video!

Here is there answer!
Hello,

The model S3 will do that.

Thank you very much for your interest in our products!

Joe N.
Best regards,
Wicked Lasers
Customer Service

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jack <g0ku15@aol.com> wrote:
About a year ago you had some videos of someone smoking with a laser in a waterpipe! That is a much safer way to smoke, you don't get any of the carcinogens or gases from the lighter!
Do you have any of the units for sale? I know it's not on your website but I still can find videos of this laser pipe bowl with the tag WICKED LASERS.

I would love to get my hands on this product! A laser bong/pipe! if there is any way you had an old one or a prototype I would love to buy it!

Thank you for all your help,

IsaacT

Don't order the S3! They are notorious for not shipping that model. All it is is a 1W 445 with an inconvenient safety system on a cool host. If you want the power of the S3, just get a laser someone around here is selling....I know Yobresal is taking orders for 1-1.2W Lasers for 185 dollars....MUCH cheaper than the S3. Also, no 60 second wait time.

S

Stephen j gilman

Ok so I got the tube mounted with cork and over a steel plate in the box! Take a look!
2478ad66.jpg

The curvature of the glass will most likely bend the beam too much to do any real smoking.. unless you like light hits and not a cloud of vapor and smoke like a real vape.
the glass I don't think will heat up too much either, so this is going to have work on the beam hitting the actual buds. An unfocused diode will do a more efficient job of burning things.

I would get my self a flexmodp3 an a140 diode in a module, or any diode that can withstand high output around 1 watt or more, heat sink the hell out of it :p and find a way to connect that heat sink to the end of your glass tube with an air tight seal, rubber will work but I like glass on glass ;) then have your tube run on the other end.
this would create a passive vaporizer (you would have suck to draw smoke out) versus a typical vaporizer has some sort of air pump mechanism to do the work for you (much more convenient) ;)
I too live in the great state of CA :p

Edit: this is by no means a discouragement to what you are doing, an experiment is an experiment.
You may just prove me wrong and make something very useful for yourself and add to peoples knowledge of lasers!

Last edited:
Don't for get goggles with correct ratings for your laser! I had a 50 mw 405nm and that thing would hurt my eyes after shining on walls and burning things up close to my face (what you plan to do) and that was only 50mw on a laser that was sold as a 5 mw laser...
In simpler terms, you'll probably go blind the second that beam lights up on something close to you, and if you aren't totally blind, you'll have badly damaged retinas instantly.
I'm not a safety freak, in fact I drive them crazy haha, just lasers are not a thing to mess around with, especially if you value your vision and cells.