Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

real output of dx 200mw

S

SenKat

There are a couple of threads on here that actually chart out the output of the DX 200 - a lot of it is IR, but still worth the money evidently....especially for the price ? YA... good bargain laser, IMO.....

sorry im such a noob, but does anyone know how to buy from dx with a money order? or how do i send money to my paypal acc with money order? lol sry but i dotn have a credit card

BobW55

You can use a DEBIT card with either a VISA or Master card logo on PayPal. Not sure about a Money order to DX.

S

SenKat

Just link to your bank account with pay-pal. If you have online banking, it askes for some info, and viola you are done !

MCE --
I just now tested my DX200 as I sit here. I'm using my new LPM-1 with the glass attenuator.

10 Seconds time -- Peak output 203.3 mW !! Average 160 mW. I don't have my IR filter yet so I can't comment on that. The dx200 does need a bit of warming but then the cells fall off on output.

Side by side comparison 20 minutes ago - - Sky shot -- My wife thought the DX 200 is brighter than the DL95 but thats partially because of beam diameter.

Gotta trust your wife !!!!
Mike

umm could i use like.. a visa gift card? lol just wonderin..like if i put money on that would it work as credit card?

Kenom

Yes. Anything with visa on it is technically considered a "credit card" even though you have no credit from the bank on the card.

Things

hey hemlock mike can you post some pics or vids of it please? i am thinking about getting one but want to see what it can do first.
thanks

Hemlock Mike said:
MCE --
I just now tested my DX200 as I sit here. I'm using my new LPM-1  with the glass  attenuator.

10 Seconds time -- Peak output 203.3 mW !! Average 160 mW.  I don't have my IR filter yet so I can't comment on that.  The dx200 does need a bit of warming but then the cells fall off on output.

Side by side comparison 20 minutes ago - - Sky shot -- My wife thought the DX 200 is brighter than the DL95 but thats partially because of beam diameter.

Gotta trust your wife !!!!
Mike

Are you saying it averages 160mW on a silicon sensor with stray IR in the equation, or was it filtered out somehow (by the meter or otherwise)?

I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but if that is the stock reading of it without additional filtering, its plain irresponsible to post that without adequate warning that the measurement means next to nothing - especially if its a silicon sensor.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for buying the NewWish 200mWs in certain situations (hey, why do you think I have 4 NewWish lasers myself?) - but there are many things to be warned about with the NewWishs and I would hate to see such a laser promoted on the grounds of seriously flawed testing.

S

SenKat

There was a graph of output power posted in an earlier thread, which showed hoe the output dropped drastically after the addition of an IR filter between the beam, and the sensor. Mike just has not received his filter yet - that's all !

BobW55

I don't care if there is some IR in it. after I watched a friend of mine knock a wasp off the wall from about 9 feet away, must have blinded him and fried him at the same time. We have many wasp around here and it could with them.be a fun way to deal

S

SenKat

You should ask Hemlock Mike about his experience with having to replace the screens on his back porch....hahahahahaha ! Poor guy...or should I say, poor flies ?

Timelord said:
I kill flies and wasps too with my Aries  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.....And don't forget tormenting poor innocent girlfriends! ;) ....how do u think I learnt to dance??? hehe ;D x

T

timelord

Lazergirl said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1180266150/0#12 date=1180443859]I kill flies and wasps too with my Aries ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.....And don't forget tormenting poor innocent girlfriends! ;) ....how do u think I learnt to dance??? hehe ;D x[/quote]
I'm just so evil wicked mean and nasty ;D ;D xx