Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RC Toys?

FokoF

I've got a Losi x x x-s(no its not p o r n ;D) and a GS Storm 1:8 scale gas buggy. Expensive hobby though, repairs cost more than on a real car.

**edit**fixed spammer message :p {SenKat}

FokoF

mods fix please its a rc car x x x - s and i am not a stupid spammer

jeffwilson34 said:
It would be cool to see a couple big choppers with lights on flying at night.
maybe even have a bright laser mounted on them and dogfight with another.

This should look cool flying at night, though it might be a little dangerous !!  ;D ;D

2006_05090007.jpg

Pic with green splash.

2006_0714000522.jpg

S

SenKat

DAMN ! I am sufferring from TOY ENVY DAMNIT ! I have one of those little pico-copters, and it is FUN AS HELL ! Sniff...sniff....taking donations for mongo huge nitro powered copter.....ROFL ! Yeah, so back to reality....I saw a link for a 2.4ghz wireless color vid cam for these shoppers, planes, etc...THAT would be cool as hell ! You would have to have that copter lit up like daylight so you didn't lose it in the night sky, man....WOW that is awesome, and I WILL own one someday ! (I hope !)

oh well, ive had my fair-share experience with nitrous RC cars.
my ex gf bought me a brand new thunder tiger ts4n 1:12.
only lasted me about a week and out of that i played with the car twice.
me n my mate took it to tesco car park on a sunday afternoon to test it, we were right on the far side of the car park.
as the car got near the half-way mark, it just started to accelerate more and more i tried to bring the car to a halt, it didnt work. tried steering the car it didnt work. in the end, the car just carried on accelerating and went right to the other side of the car park and whacked the kerb head on, resulting in all wheels falling off, a super bent chasis,all the suspension broken.
as i got to the scene few mins later, u cud still hear the engine roaring louder and louder, we thought it wer gonna blow up.
eventually engine stopped and the car park was full of smoke.
i took the remains to a local hobby shop, who made me an offer of £150 for the exact same car but i just never went back to get it.
if i cud afford it, i wudnt mind actually buying 1 but lasering and deejaying are 2 of the most expensive hobbies i have ever come across.

i have a picooz also im surprised it hasnt snapped yet they look so damn fragile i freak out every time i crash it (most of the time) ive already broken a tail rotor and the replacement has a small rip in it AHHHHH :eek:

Yes indeed! Dragonfly 4 fixed pitch and 22e collective pitch helis. If you think lasers are a money pit, you should try helicopters! One minor crash or hard landing and it's back to the workbench. Great hobby!

T

timelord

I've now got this little devil :D

Attachments

• S1031414_640x480_001.JPG
    S1031414_640x480_001.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 83
I just ordered one of those last week, along with a heap of other cool stuff. My wife won't let me fly the big one inside ;D ;D ;D They look reasonably stable, should be heaps of fun bothering the missus with it.
Man their torches are cheap !! The shipping kinda sucks, but I knew that going in. Is yours still going strong Timelord ?

T

timelord

It's still going strong even after many crashes it's still like new and for $31 compared to £59.99 in the UK I'd say it's a bargain ;)

I've got a couple of the Air Hogs AeroAces... Great little foam airplanes with proportional stearing. I've got the "Jet" and the "Biplane" versions. Also have a mini coptor and a few cars. I'm a toy nut ^_^;