Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss vs. BudgetGadgets?

I saw these 2 200mW red lasers since I want on for burning so which one:

$41.06 HLP18130 Focusable Red Laser Pointer 200mW - BudgetGadgets.com

or:

www.rayfoss.com

The budgetgadgets is claimed to be 200mW but I don't know....anyone know which one is better? I don't really care if the budgetgadgets one is cheaper. I just want to know which one has a better heat sink, lens cleaning easily, and stronger output. Oh, also, IR.:yh:

Mik

That looks like a dilda v2. Some people seem to have issues with them, other people find them to be OK. The original dilda seems to have a better reputation, and usually comes close to the claimed output figures. I don't know any good reason why you'd want the newer style one rather than the older one.

Overall, you are probably safer with Rayfoss since you have an individual human, English speaking contact to communicate with. They also seem to test the lasers before sending them off which is nice.

Rayfoss has a better reputation as a company, but the V2 has a great reputation as a product. I would actually recommend that one this time. I've always heard that the V2 is better than the old one, as in, the focusing head is a better design, turns smoother, and doesn't wobble as much. Just do some research to see which one you like better.

IR? That's just for DPSS (green lasers). Red lasers are completely coherent, just one wavelength.

Grix

V2 cannot be boosted by using 3,6V batteries instead of 3,0V, therefore many people prefer the old one.

I would go with rayfoss and red lasers dont have IR in them so you shouldn't have to worry about that...only DPSS lasers have IR.

do you think that i should buy:

red 200mw
or the
green
it says 150mw at the top but 50mw at the botom

We can't help you there; color is all preference. Do you want a green laser, or a red one? If you want beam, go green. If you want burning, the red is a better choice here.

For dark colored objects, yes, it would be very good. Violet would be better: www.rayfoss.com

But if you don't want to spend that much the red is still great.