Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss Trippin Me Out

Hello People
I see here are many Rayfoss Laser owners. So please let me ask something. I just got a Waterproof adjustable 100mW Red. Shippment was ok. But is it normal the beam is not visible at darkness without any smoke?
Thanks for answers.

IsaacT

For 100mW Red, yes that is fairly normal....my 200mW Red isn't very visible so it makes sense that your 100mW wouldn't be....if you want visible go for a green....my 50mW green is quite bright and fully visible beam

For 100mW Red, yes that is fairly normal....my 200mW Red isn't very visible so it makes sense that your 100mW wouldn't be....if you want visible go for a green....my 50mW green is quite bright and fully visible beam

Oh, i have greenies. Just ordered a Red because the price was nice. Thanks

Please provide proof (any proof) that Rayfoss are drop-shippers?
I don't believe they are. Please don't spread mis-information unless you have verifiable evidence.
-There is not a high failure rate with Rayfoss Lasers, you are totally wrong on this point. Also, if there was a bad unit sent out, they offer a 3-month warranty for exchange. So, no worries.
-Please find me a 200mW 532 (stable, w/ FDA features) for less (or similar) at CNI, Jetlasers, or Viasho. I would love to see it. :crackup:

You're killing me, my friend. Need i swear to god that they're mere resellers? I've been living in China for more than 28 years and i also did called them a few times to confirm everything. It's not that bad.

I also responded to related posts as follows:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/n...inter-rf532-350mw-fgb-50479-3.html#post697640

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/skylasers-vs-rayfoss-52630.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-test-jetlaser-150-mw-532nm-laser-55029.html .

My English writing is poor enough and too much talk would show me up.
I'm sorry that I cannot recommend lasers of cni or jetlasers at cheaper prices and I knew their sales support in China, so i might have got the laser at lower price.

I'm not arguing and Good luck.

Last edited:

IsaacT

I agree with you, I do very much believe that they are resellers....but that doesn't make them a bad choice, its just a factor some people might want to considerwhen thinking about buying from them.

Ash

You're killing me, my friend. Need i swear to god that they're mere resellers?
Well. I can't deny that many of their products are manufactured by other laser manufacturers, so yes they are resellers for some of their lasers, but not all.
If you believe that they have never manufactured a single laser, please tell me who manufactures these:
20109154823926.jpg

or these:
20102517722336.jpg

If they don't manufacture these, then their supplier must have sent them this photo of a bunch of tail-clicky parts under water with a red laser.
Makes sense to me. :thinking:

Well. I can't deny that many of their products are manufactured by other laser manufacturers, so yes they are resellers for some of their lasers, but not all.
If you believe that they have never manufactured a single laser, please tell me who manufactures these:
20109154823926.jpg

or these:
20102517722336.jpg

If they don't manufacture these, then their supplier must have sent them this photo of a bunch of tail-clicky parts under water with a red laser.
Makes sense to me. :thinking:
I'm sure their supplier did provide them with pictures.
They don't manufacture any of their products. Manufacturers don't sell other manufacturers products on their webpage. Visit western digital's website and see if you can find any seagate hard drives, or Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories and see if they offer any fords or chevys. It's only 3rd party resellers that will sell lasers from more than one manufacturer.
Not that this makes them or the laser bad, but it does make them a liar for claiming to be a manufacturer. Of course, the more of this kind of thing and claims I hear, I'm beginning to get the impression that perhaps the meaning of manufacturer in Chinese has a different meaning than in english and when they translate the word "retailer" or "reseller" from Chinese to english, it converts to english as "manufacturer".

Ash

I was being sarcastic. :angel: I still think Rayfoss took that picture, and that they actually do "manufacture" (read: assemble) a few lasers "in-house".
They don't manufacture any of their products.
I still don't believe this.
And, to your comparison to "Western Digital" having "Seagate" HD's, of course not.
Of course this is correct when discussing a "big-league" company, but I still think rayfoss isn't "big-league" and can be a "reseller" and "manufacturer" at the same time. It seems like they can get some products (manufactured by others) cheaper, and can "assemble" their waterproof versions in-house cheaper. As we know the almighty $ is the driving force for these companies.

Why can't they be both? They are in "no-rules" China, afterall. :D

I was being sarcastic. :angel: I still think Rayfoss took that picture, and that they actually do "manufacture" (read: assemble) a few lasers "in-house".

I still don't believe this.
And, to your comparison to "Western Digital" having "Seagate" HD's, of course not.
Of course this is correct when discussing a "big-league" company, but I still think rayfoss isn't "big-league" and can be a "reseller" and "manufacturer" at the same time. It seems like they can get some products (manufactured by others) cheaper, and can "assemble" their waterproof versions in-house cheaper. As we know the almighty $ is the driving force for these companies.

Why can't they be both? They are in "no-rules" China, afterall. :D
Here's some history about rayfoss.
rayfoss was started a couple years back by a marketing student named Faona who at the time had no experience with lasers at all, just marketing, so seeing as how lasers were becoming more popular, she started the rayfoss website reselling lasers.
Here's a link to her Linkedin profile.
Faona Chen - China | LinkedIn
Her linkedin profile recently changed to reflect that she is marketing director of "qualifound".
This is because mid to late 2009 she sold out to a larger company "qualifound" who is a reseller of many types of electronics including security cameras and such or qualifound could be another website she created for the sale of electronics like cheap fake PSP systems and security equipment that never quite panned out. So if you visit rayfoss, it will take you to a qualifound banner page at rayfoss.com.
The qualifound.com domain is no longer owned by qualifound, they let the domain expire and someone else bought it out from under them and are sitting on it.
So that's the rayfoss history as I know it. I haven't commented on the products they sell or as to their quality, just that they are ONLY a reseller that markets other companies products be they pointers, security cameras or counterfeit Sony PSP systems.

Ash

So that's the rayfoss history as I know it. I haven't commented on the products they sell or as to their quality, just that they are ONLY a reseller that markets other companies products be they pointers, security cameras or counterfeit Sony PSP systems.
Oh. I am quite familiar with their history, as I knew about qualifound before Rayfoss was incorporated.
The fact that Faona is a marketing and translation person for qualifound (now rayfoss), does not prove to me that their new 445nm laser and their waterproof (torch-style) lasers are manufactured at another company and they simply sell them.
However, the abundance of styles (and power options) of their waterproof lasers (as well as the lack of (most of) these lasers on many other drop-shipper sites [DX, FP, Dino]) indicates to me that they manufacture (or assemble) these lasers.
I could be wrong or rght.
Either way, I pretty much don't care to discuss it anymore. :toilet:

You say they have never manufactured (or assembled) a single laser, fine, I agree (even though I really don't agree). :yabbmad:

VERGiL

I don't think discussing whether they manufacture or resell their lasers makes any sense.
Why not simply email Faona and ask her if they resell some lasers or build everything on their own?

They don't manufacture any of their products. Manufacturers don't sell other manufacturers products on their webpage. Visit western digital's website and see if you can find any seagate hard drives, or Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories and see if they offer any fords or chevys. It's only 3rd party resellers that will sell lasers from more than one manufacturer.
Not that this makes them or the laser bad, but it does make them a liar for claiming to be a manufacturer. Of course, the more of this kind of thing and claims I hear, I'm beginning to get the impression that perhaps the meaning of manufacturer in Chinese has a different meaning than in english and when they translate the word "retailer" or "reseller" from Chinese to english, it converts to english as "manufacturer".

I'm a little tired of the topic and I hate myself more to reveal the manufacturer who supply the lasers to them coz i believe it's okay and reasonable when the reseller or distributors are more famous and well-known than what's supporting them behind.

All this type of small waterproof lasers you cited with pics are made by a shenzhen local laser maker. ALL LASER PICS are directly from him. The cited one is just the latest model they put on and not unusually the resellers got it fast. Bootleg2go is right about this.:umbrella:

The laser maker's main shop page is at Taobao.com(similar to ebay in US):http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-5768a9f29b403311e1699039ea59ddc2.htm .

Some sites like laserpointerpen.net, beamq.com and rayfoss other shops also resells this exact type of lasers before, some of which no longer sell this laser due to high failure rates. It was popular but very few stick to them as more laser hobbyists here at home realize what they provide is merely toys rather than good products. My albums has some non-working lasers, which are mainly all from them. I cannot blame their resellers even my buddies and i paid them the money since we know who does produce them.

O-like also resells them, esp. the laser parts including the fake Nichia 405nm diodes. Other low quality portables sold on ryfoss is mainly from this dealer:http://wxpasta77.icmai.net/product.php .

People may ask, what about those electronics like PSP and mobine phones. Good question unless you go to shenzhen and you're faced with zillions of ventors selling smuggled ones(much better) or imitations. Want any? I got some for you:beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash

IsaacT

Also, I believe Qualifound, which is who Rayfoss sold out to, would actually be the ones behind the fake psp's

By that I mean that that is one of the things that they bring to the table, not necessarily that they manufacture them.

wow this thread took a left turn real quick, anyways who really cares if there a reseller or not. IMO Im going to say if your happy with your product then that's all that counts...

I however received my replacement 150mw FLX from Faona and its all, and more then I expected. I pointed out a few minor problems with my last laser from rayfoss and she assured me she would make sure her self on what I was wanting in a laser....

I also received the 200mw red water proof laser and It's by far my favorite laser...

It had one problem though, the outer lens was in pieces... I blame customs for that!!!! Those pricks opened the entire package and didn't put any thing back in the boxes as it was before they put there grubby hands on the item's... sorry for the rant!

The red laser is stable @ 210mw and I checked it my self on a friends LPM.
The burning ability blows my mind, @ 20ft away with the beam nice and focused she lights matches in 2 second :yh:

With the lens all in pieces I removed the lens cap and took out the inner lens and unscrewed the lens housing from the cap. I got some soapy water and a small brush and cleant out the housing from all the tiny pieces of glass that was ground into the threads... I dried every thing and placed a small amount of Vaseline on the threads and O-ring... the focus ring is smooth as silk now.
By the way...
I message Fayona and I think she's going to send me a replacement lens cap....

Ash

All this type of small waterproof lasers you cited with pics are made by a shenzhen local laser maker. ALL LASER PICS are directly from him. The cited one is just the latest model they put on and not unusually the resellers got it fast. Bootleg2go is right about this.:umbrella:

The laser maker's main shop page is at Taobao.com(similar to ebay in US):http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-5768a9f29b403311e1699039ea59ddc2.htm .
Thanks very much for clearing this up.
+1 Rep
I am now a believer. :wave: