Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss any good?

anselm

150mw is not to powerful either for a first laser. As long as someone is responsible with it.
Do you know the people on this thread well enough to make that call?;)
Or in fact any newbie that comes here?

Shouldn't we all be recommending 5mw 6$ ebay lasers as the 1st toy?
They are still alot of fun, and you can get a feel for what better NOT to do
without putting yourself and others at risk.

If you still like lasers and want more, then by all means do.

But please, people, get your feet wet with low powered lasers, not class 3 or 4 OK?

Sohil

Well I started with a 30mw amazon laser (turned out to me more around 10mw), so I am fine with a more powerful laser.

Well from my recent experience with Rayfoss I've gotta say I'm impressed. I got prompt correspondence via email after placing my order, all questions answered and transaction completed within an hour.

I placed my order on the 26th Jan and Faona did warn me that it wouldn't be shipped till the 10th Feb because of the holidays.. to my surprise though I got my package on the 2nd. I chose EMS shipping.

Well, I ordered my laser on the 29th, and Faona said it will ship on the 8th. I cannot wait!! :drool:

Also, I got FedEx, so it should come fast after it ships.

And redhouser, what do you think of your laser you got?

Well, I ordered my laser on the 29th, and Faona said it will ship on the 8th. I cannot wait!! :drool:

Also, I got FedEx, so it should come fast after it ships.

And redhouser, what do you think of your laser you got?

I got components for my first build so as far as the actual laser goes I'll let you know in a build thread, hopefully in the next week or so. the module I got was this one, duty cycle of 10-15 minutes :san: and the host is this little beauty.

Honestly that is not going to make any difference. In fact buying a weak one and shooting it around like a toy and then buying a higher power one and using it the same way is probably more dangerous. They probably aren't going to be getting used to using goggles with those cheap weaker ones either. Pointing to a safety thread and a quick read is better and sufficient enough to be educated to take precautions. People aren't as retarded as you think. And for those that are it's not going to matter which they get first.

Is not that ppl is retarded or not, even a genius is not exempt of accidents, thats why they call them accidents.

In my own experience with myself and friends, most people (if not everyone) are caught by the "wow" effect and they forget everything they know about laser safety at the second they turn it on... so imagine how would it go with a high powered laser?, thats a recipe for disaster for sure!.

As an example, one day my friend picked and looked at my 200mW red... and despite the LARGE warning label with the BIG RED "DANGER" word on it, she didnt even bother to read it at all and tot it was a flashlight (dont worry it had no battery in it)

So is not about just read and know laser safety, i would say it is more about getting familiar with it and get used to actually apply the rules and precautions to minimize the risk of an accident to occur.

....My whole point is that starting with low-powered pens is the best way to train urself in both laser hobby and laser safety, just the same as any would do with guns :tinfoil:

Aaron

I just ordered 22 445nm lenses from Rayfoss, and not only did they combine shipping to save me $20, they have excellent customer service! :) I would DEFINATLY reccomend buying from them.

Sohil

Wow, all these positive comments about Rayfoss, hopefully my laser will be good also. But what about all those negative reviews recently?

I ordered a 200 mW red laser from rayfoss on the 21st of January. It shipped out the 2nd of February and it has yet to arrive. I have been told it is because of the Chinese new year. Does rayfoss usually take this long?? But the customer service has been great.
Btw I live in AZ, United States.

Hi i to ordered around the same i have learned to have patience... You will recieve it but they are backed up right now. Good luck Faona will take care of you:gj: Rambler

That must have been because of chinese new year, ive bought from rayfoss two times and in both cases i placed my order, made the payment and got my tracking number all within 24hrs.

Shipping took around a month to arrive to my door but that is mainly cuz the postal service in my country is very slow lol...

Oh cool Weltall, i now see you are from Mexico . Thank you for responding back. i ordered t RF 405nm 300mw waterproof cant wait.. And yes for those who want to ask i have a quality pair of glasses:cool:

Oh cool Weltall, i now see you are from Mexico . Thank you for responding back. i ordered t RF 405nm 300mw waterproof cant wait.. And yes for those who want to ask i have a quality pair of glasses:cool:

Nice!, you mean a FWT in blu-ray version?, hope u make a review once u receive it, would be the first i think and also im curious about it :beer:

I was going for that model before the 400mW from o-like appeared and now im waiting for it :wave: