Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 200mW Focusable Laser Torch - Extensive Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

tak

In regards to the post where you mention the readings that Rayfoss gave you, does that mean that the beam is actually carrying 160mW because of the IR filter?

D

Deleted member 8382

No. It means that the laser is outputing 210mW of power, and that if you test the power on a meter with an IR filter the reading is 160mW. This means that the 210mW are a combination of 160mW of green and 50mW of IR.

Thank you for the review, because of this I am now willing to buy me one of these. But I still have two questions to ask.

1.) Did the charger come with the laser, and if so does it work for american outlets?

2.) Does Rayfoss ship to the US, especially this since it has a lock that follows FDA regulations?

I know these might be very "n00bish" questions, but I just want to be right about everything before spending any large amount on something which is overseas...

Thank you in advance, and if this is not right or if in any way is against the forum rules to ask this here then I am sorry...

hallucy... you got a good one laser.... i reand in another your post that it peak(with ir) at 250mw... is it right? i see thislaser sold at DX,FP(but without sticked power),rayfoss, andqualitychinagoods. but NOT sold at olike store...

i have some questions....
1) do you know what diode pump does it use? i don't think a normal 500mw little diode like pens... but i think 1w diode or 1.2.
2) i heard from some peolpe that this laser some times is sold with no capabilities to have NEGATIVE focus... but the lense can only do a parallel light or a bigger beam. in your video instead yo usay that the focus point is at baout 20/30 cm...depending of how much you turn the focus ring. LIKE A RED DILDA... nd it is anatural mechanism for a focusable laser...... but why other people received laser that can ONLy focus out and not focus in?

for a non practice person is the same thing to see abigger dot... yes.. but in the first mode the laser does not have a focus point to butn matches etc.... in the second mode... yes.

ah.. last question... how much mm is your beam diameter at aperture?i think 1/1.5mm(like pen styles lasers)...not more mm!.. because you lighted a match with focus set to infinite...and with a 2/2.5mm of diameter is hard to light a match .. also with 200mw i think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

@Mr Despair: They ship to USA and the charger IS for USA plug, but works both for 110/220V, so to use it in europe you only need to use a plug adapter.

@Realista: you should ask those things to rayfoss directly ;) About the focus, it's exactly the other way. It can do reverse focusing but not "just bigger beam". It's perfect for me because this last thing is useless, and because to focus it to the infinity I only need to turn the ring all the way clockwise :D

One thing to note is that my unit doesn't got that blue led. I think I might have received something different than what they usually ship. When I told that to them I was told they were gonna change the photos soon, BUT they haven't and this last month I was asked by an LPF member on msn about this laser that he had bought, and to my surprise his unit got the blue LED!

The beam diameter is just fine, you might be interested in the Evolution Pro review, I made some comparisons there, but yeah, 2mm or so.

D

Deleted member 8382

It's you? well, since you took it out and were kind with me over msn, here's some rep for you ;)

I got the DX/KD version of this laser almost 2 years ago and i must say i HATE it.
This laser has provided me with incredible amounts of RAGE.

I ended up replacing it twice, and the final version that I stuck with ended up mode hoping when it reached a certain temperature. In the end it started to mode hope all the time, and eventually it just broke. If anyone wants the case I'd be willing to sell it. Mine is modded so there's a clicky switch in the back, but the red LED is missing.

hallucy.... do you have a version WITHOUT the hole with the blue led... or you only have a version with the hole... but a not working led? i don't understand :) please specity.

mmhh.. in case you have NO HOLE... that could be good to help other member to order the same laser.... and regret to buy the version with blue led working.. that seems pretty unstable....

i am curious to see for how much time you will have this good power.... and what is the diode... a 1w?1.2w? or a classic little diode like the one sold by DX and olike.....

at 150$...your laser is a good laser...e love the aspect of it... like a RPL...but focusable and short like a classic pen.

D

Deleted member 8382

No hole, no led ;) As far as I've tested, the power keeps more or less stable for at least 1 minute. I don't want to run it longer to avoid the TEM problems ;)

I just ordered this Laser yesterday from Rayfoss site. I have the battery shipping separately then the Laser and also 1mw on the Box, I am still a little worried though.

I live in the U.S and I got the EMS shipping, I heard that if it is trackable (like EMS) it has a much better chance of getting picked-up by Customs? Is this true, and if so does anyone think I should contact Faona and have her ship it at the regular $6 dollar rate???

I still have time to change the shipping, as it is not being shipped for another day or 2.

THANKS!

Paul

I just ordered this Laser yesterday from Rayfoss site. I have the battery shipping separately then the Laser and also 1mw on the Box, I am still a little worried though.

I live in the U.S and I got the EMS shipping, I heard that if it is trackable (like EMS) it has a much better chance of getting picked-up by Customs? Is this true, and if so does anyone think I should contact Faona and have her ship it at the regular $6 dollar rate???

I still have time to change the shipping, as it is not being shipped for another day or 2.

THANKS!

Paul

I did get a tracking number for my order and I payed $6 .. How much did Faona say, that shipping will be for you?

D

Deleted member 8382

don't use EMS, they look on them almost always!

Thanks alot Hallucynogenyc! I email Faona to give me regular shipment, this was her response...

"Hello Paul,
Shipment is ready I am just waiting the test meter for power teesting which is occupied by other engineer this moment.
Factually,I plan to ship the item by UPS to you .Since HKpost now days not allow to include Li battery also (we currently use singapre post airmail but it is a little slow than HK post). I will remove the label off from the laser and stick <5mw instead. I shipped several high power package by UPS to USA has past the Customs inspection.
Once shipment done I will inform you the tracking details.
Any further comments please feel free let us know!
Thank you!
Best regards,
Rayfoss--home
Faona"

I think I will be fine :)

@Silvershot: I originally asked for the $15 EMS shipping, but just asked to changed it to regular $6.00 shipping. Whatever Faona said in that response above is what she is doing for me. I feel very confident now that my order will get to me! :D Thanks for your response, much appreciated! :)

D

Deleted member 8382

What really surprises me is when she start talking about engineers and so. Are them a factory or a distributor? I don't think they make any laser at all, why would they need engineers?