Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 200mW 532nm Focusable Laser Torch

I Believe rayfoss sells quality products. Since the laser failed the next day. I don't believe I could give a fair review.
I don't want to hurt their business. They have lots of good reviews. They are very polite as well as understanding.
Faona is trying very hard, to please her customers.

I salute you fellow member, this is how everybody should proceed on this forum, way to go, keep it up :)

Benm

Its interesting how they state that 1525 is better than model 1532. It does look a bit beefier even in the pictures, so i suppose they are right about thermal stability there.

Whoa. Why? I have nothing but good to say about rayfoss, they have never let me down. O-like doesn't have the same products/deals that you can find at rayfoss. Also, they don't actually manufacture this laser, they just sell it. And, if the OP is gettin' a replacement, I don't see how rayfoss isn't good. :thinking:
matrixcs: have you had a bad experience with them? :cryyy:

well actually not me but my brother.. although they got a good customer service the most of the products my brother ordered failed specially the focusable one. but then again im not hurting rayfoss here... im just saying based on what me and my bro experienced. rayfoss may have some products that are excellent.. we dont know.. maybe during shipping and handling the products encountered some shocks or something.... but for me i rather go with o-like and build my own greenies...

Ash

most of the products my brother ordered failed ..
Most of the products have some sort of warranty as well.
What failed, and after how much use? :thinking:
This info may be helpful to other members. :whistle:

ZRTMWA

Ash: Which laser did Faona recommend was the most stable? The link leads me to a 405nm laser with a diffraction grating in it. I also looked at all the 200mW green lasers and none of them have the serial: RF532-200mW-FTG. The website must have changed.

Thanks

I would like to send one of these to someone with an LPM. Rayfoss can say the laser is any power it wants but I need evidence. I also wonder how much IR there is in their lasers.

Zrtmwa: I have done testing on lasers for several forum members and provided detailed specs, power graphs, etc - I would be glad to test this laser for you at no charge. PM for details if interested!

Ash

Ash: Which laser did Faona recommend was the most stable? The link leads me to a 405nm laser with a diffraction grating in it. I also looked at all the 200mW green lasers and none of them have the serial: RF532-200mW-FTG. The website must have changed.

Thanks

I would like to send one of these to someone with an LPM. Rayfoss can say the laser is any power it wants but I need evidence. I also wonder how much IR there is in their lasers.

Well. it looks like they sometimes change their site once ion a while so some of the links are failing. This link is the same:
RF532-200mW-CSF
Rayfoss
RF532-200mW-CSF.jpg

-and-
Now it seems that Rayfoss changed their product ID from:
RF532-200mW-FTG
to
RF532-200mW-FLX
Here's the new link:
Rayfoss
RF532-200mW-FLX.jpg

I guess sometimes their site changes.
:thinking:

ZRTMWA

Brewcitymusic: I don't actually have this laser. I wanted to see one tested before I ordered it. I saw in another post you offered free LPM Testing and if I did order a Rayfoss laser I would probably just have it shipped to your address. But I don't want to risk the $$$ until someone else does first :). Thanks.

Ash: Do you have any Rayfoss lasers? I saw further up in the thread you said you only had good things to say about them.

Last edited:

Ash

Brewcitymusic: I don't actually have this laser. I wanted to see one tested before I ordered it. I saw in another post you offered free LPM Testing and if I did order a Rayfoss laser I would probably just have it shipped to your address. But I don't want to risk the $$$ until someone else does first :). Thanks.

Ash: Do you have any Rayfoss lasers? I saw further up in the thread you said you only had good things to say about them.
Um. Yeah, I do. I just like them because their lasers are always at least up-to-spec., it usually only takes about 7 days for their shipments to get to me, and they work hard to resolve any problems (CS is great).
I have only gotten a few of the regular burner lasers, some empty hosts, and some waterproof ones from them. :whistle:

Ash;

The second Green laser in your post:

Rayfoss

takes an Aixiz lens assembly for easy upgrading.

LarryDFW

ZRTMWA

Um. Yeah, I do. I just like them because their lasers are always at least up-to-spec., it usually only takes about 7 days for their shipments to get to me, and they work hard to resolve any problems (CS is great).
I have only gotten a few of the regular burner lasers, some empty hosts, and some waterproof ones from them. :whistle:

Ash: It sounds like you're taking my question the wrong way. I didn't doubt your advice about Rayfoss. I was just wondering because you said you only had good things to say about Rayfoss but I couldn't find any posts further up. Sorry.:yabbem:

Larry: I would also like to know what kind of increases this would give to the flashlight style laser.Thanks

Benm

Ash;

The second Green laser in your post:

Rayfoss

takes an Aixiz lens assembly for easy upgrading.

LarryDFW

They do?

Doest look like it, but its difficult to tell from the outside... any idea what lens is in there stock? A plastic?

It might be possible to swap it out for a glass one then, although the ones from aixiz are coated for ~650 i believe, and might not be very suitable.

Well Thats the laser I got from RayFoss. As a replacement for the first one.
I can tell you that the axis lens wont fit at least in mine. Actually I have two of them as of now.
It is much smaller. I have a 200mw dilda from O-Like. I also have a phr pen style that I bought from RA_pierce. I think The lens from RA_pierce is one of larys high power assembles. I'll have to ask RA_pierce.
The lens from the rayFoss laser including the brass housing is about the same size as just the glass alone, in the axis. I'll Have to take some pics.

You killed that diode with 4.1 volts. if i recall they are rated for 3.6v continuous.