Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Rastafarian RGY tube ;)

LtKernelPanic

Cool. It's a nice tube. IIRC it metered at a steady 2mw last time I measured it. Without an optics bench there's no way for me to test for any more lines other than with diffraction gratings.

I probably over paid a bit but I snagged one of those yellows you posted in the ebay thread. I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow or Saturday. I hope the seller packs it better then the Fluke 87v DMM I got yesterday. Guy just tossed it in a box and mailed it. Bah. Going to have to rig up another 12v adapter like I did for my Green tube.

SKeeZ

This is perty cool. what are the chances you'll get a 543.5 to sell?

ultimatekaiser

very cool bloom! I'd like to see that in person! I look forward to doing this with my brewster tube. thinking maybe I'll try putting Broadbands ont he 127 and see if I can coax it to do multiline, but i'd need the mirrors first. anyone got a broadband HeNe OC?

Last edited:

mojo_1234

impressive!

Never got another line out of my green HeNe tub (don't have some proper mirrors).

With my red HeNe's it's a different story. By just putting a simple dichro I do get at least the orange line.

very cool bloom! I'd like to see that in person! I look forward to doing this with my brewster tube. thinking maybe I'll try putting Broadbands ont he 127 and see if I can coax it to do multiline, but i'd need the mirrors first. anyone got a broadband HeNe OC?
Only source I know of is Sam, as he's who I got all of my extra mirrors from. Except the Kr red mirror. I got that off eBay.

Just make sure the RoC's match each other, and the tube, and you should be golden. Just remember to align one mirror at a time :p

impressive!

Never got another line out of my green HeNe tub (don't have some proper mirrors).

With my red HeNe's it's a different story. By just putting a simple dichro I do get at least the orange line.
Which orange line? Probably 612.

ultimatekaiser

Yeah I sent join mail and he hasn't responded. :( I don't know the RoC of my mirror sadly. I need to do some math...What I really should do is put some alternate mirrors on my SP-127. I bet I could get a decent amount of yellow or orange out of it too with the proper mirrors

Last edited: