Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rarest laser wavelength?

Aryntha and RHD got handhelds (PGL-III-C, I would assume) 556's from CNI. I know lazerer has a cobolt jive which is 561.

ARG said:
Not from CNI, but I was quoted $250 from another company long ago.

for what size, do you remember?

Last edited:

607 and 604nm DPSS never "dried up".

CNI sells them both, but they were $4999 when I asked for 5mW.

KVANT also sells 607nm, cheaper per mw, but still ridiculously pricey.

Outside of diode and dpss, I think Sigurther mentioned these.

A working professionally manufactured HeSe, whitelight HeCd, or evena working HeCd dual multiline 325, 365, and 442, Raman HeNe's aren't that rare. I own one, and you could too for about $100-200 if you knew where to look.

Last edited:
If we're talking handhelds I'd say rhd's 495nm or HMike's 10.6um CO2 "gun". Both are one of a kind AFAIK.

Aryntha and RHD got handhelds (PGL-III-C, I would assume) 556's from CNI. I know lazerer has a cobolt jive which is 561.

for what size, do you remember?

I thought their 556nm units were mis-labelled and were really 561nm, might be wrong though.

-Alex

Raman HeNe's aren't that rare. I own one, and you could too for about $100-200 if you knew where to look.

Hrmm, I was under the impression you acquired it without knowing it was a Raman unit (luck of the draw). You saying you can actually source these now?

And yeah, HeSe and whitelight HeCd..... dems are the unicorns of our folly, friend. I don't expect to ever see one in my lifetime. Sure would be a treat to even see a photo of one though. Hell, HeHg would be sweet to see as well.

Hrmm, I was under the impression you acquired it without knowing it was a Raman unit (luck of the draw). You saying you can actually source these now?

And yeah, HeSe and whitelight HeCd..... dems are the unicorns of our folly, friend. I don't expect to ever see one in my lifetime. Sure would be a treat to even see a photo of one though. Hell, HeHg would be sweet to see as well.

I didn't know what it was when I bought it, but I now know where to find them. Steve bought 4 a while back, all do numerous lines.

REO/PMS particle counters.

I've seen pics of HeSes and HeHgs. Once I get a garage or workplace that I don't need clean everyday (like my dorm) I plan to work on DIY tubes. Starting with CO2, then ion, then metal vapor.

One possible contender is 1.315 µm COIL laser. Not very many have been made and the ones that have
cost millions of dollars. You can't see it, at least not before your retinas vaporize.

One possible contender is 1.315 µm COIL laser. Not very many have been made and the ones that have
cost millions of dollars. You can't see it, at least not before your retinas vaporize.

COILs are very unique. I'm also a fan of the CO lasers. Not CO2, but this bigass multi MW CO lasers. Pretty rad.