Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Randomly recieved a free Arctic in the mail.

megha

After a big moral thread he ended up selling them on here.

Returning the laser => Good Attitude
Keeping the laser => Regular / Normal Attitude
Telling other members "how good and honest we are" and showing off all the things that we have returned... => not very nice attitude.

Sorry for beeing honest but I don't like when people talks so good about itself.

Seems to be a general discussion on "morality" when dealing with merchandise and merchandisers.

For what it's worth, a few years ago I ordered this morse code key from Vibroplex, currently $159.95 ( I don't remember what it cost back then):
9unpud.jpg

... but they sent me THIS one by mistake... current price is $199.95 ...
zwgvmr.jpg

I checked it out, used it for a few hours, and then called them. They basically said " ... sorry our mistake, we will pay for shipping, after you return it we will send you the right one... ", but I INSISTED on simply sending them the $ difference... as the simplest way to handle it. (The one I have is nicer looking ... shinier ... I have to keep rubbing the fingerprints off of it though ...)

What did *I* get out if that? Karma? I dunno. But I benefitted from a good company, "cheating" them is nothing to brag about, it isn't an "accomplishment".

What did *I* get out if that? Karma? I dunno. But I benefitted from a good company, "cheating" them is nothing to brag about, it isn't an "accomplishment".

If you're suggesting WL is a good company...:gun:

Anyway, personal opinion here, moral obligation ends with him notifying that they shipped him a laser by mistake.

If they want it back, let them pay return shipping (and refund that old charge for a "lifetime" warranty).

I don't have a "strong" opinion, either way...

... agree, I must have missed the part about notifying ...

I don't know from tuna fish over "WL", other than what I've seen here in the forum occasionally. I think I clicked on their site ONCE, and decided that I could do better with O-Like and (eventually) Survival Laser, and possibly others IF I ever get to the DIY stage. For me the WL site was too ... "flashy" ... like not geared towards "serious hobbiests".

Asherz

I don't have a "strong" opinion, either way...

... agree, I must have missed the part about notifying ...

I don't know from tuna fish over "WL", other than what I've seen here in the forum occasionally. I think I clicked on their site ONCE, and decided that I could do better with O-Like and (eventually) Survival Laser, and possibly others IF I ever get to the DIY stage. For me the WL site was too ... "flashy" ... like not geared towards "serious hobbiests".

I think if you read up a little more on Wickeds rep around the forum you might understand why theres more debate as to what people might do in this situation.

I'm sure the story might be a little different if for instance Jayrob sent out an additional host by mistake for example.

Basically, the overwhelming majority of people who have dealt with wicked and are serious about lasers, hate the company. Myself included.

The most common gripes are in no particular order;
-Their lasers are underspec.
-Overpriced.
-Low quality.
-Delivery times basically start at three months, but some people take MUCH longer to get their orders.
-Wicked LIES about order status.

Those are just a few... anyone remember that 30 reasons not to buy from wicked thread?

Basically the only thing the company did right was marketing, at least from a business standpoint. It was IMO highly detrimental to the laser hobby though.

Telling other members "how good and honest we are" and showing off all the things that we have returned... => not very nice attitude.

Sorry for beeing honest but I don't like when people talks so good about itself.

Its called "leading by example". My mom taught me this long ago. No one is gloating, just sharing experiences so others know we are not talking out of our arses. Sometimes people are undecided about making a decision. Giving them examples of the benefit of do the right thing is always positive. Its easy to say one thing or another, its another thing to back up your actions.

Maybe you dont like people talking good about themselves because you dont have anything good to say about yourself. I know many people like that. My brothers are like that. They would rather hear all the negative stories, than the good. They cant be happy for a person that is doing well. They dont want to hear it, like you. Its very sad, but true.

I've always enjoy stories of people that did good. It give me a warn feeling to know there is good in the world, and it helps me to become a better person knowing my actions are going in a positive direction.

Guys guys, this is getting out of the topic :D:D

I think we made point in both directions ... now it's up to him to decide what to do...

We don't need to fight among ourselves we are here to give the guy a shoulder :D or two :D

....because it's so hard to decide what to do lol :D:D:D :D ignore that last line just kidding :D

I think you need to get ahold of them and tell them you never received your laser lol

DJNY

I would keep it and be happy :wave:

Also, Wickedlasers is making enough dirty money with these (and especially the former) Arctics with their underspec power and crap-goggles.

Would be a different story if it was from a single person/member. The address was also yours, so know one else is missing this Arctic.

DJNY

Wicked has no contest on their website. Maybe it was a gift maybe it wasn't. Just email WL on a different email and tell them about it. Its your choice if you want to keep it

Wrong, they just had several contests on Facebook for example. Also "recently" has a different meaning to Wickedlasers. Maybe Mikey participated one several months ago. But I don´t think it´s the case here.

Wrong, they just had several contests on Facebook for example. Also "recently" has a different meaning to Wickedlasers. Maybe Mikey participated one several months ago. But I don´t think it´s the case here.

He probably did participate months ago, but remember WL takes months to ship a product.

Wicked Lasers | Facebook

They have neg. rep on their FBook page LOL..

or some youtube "subscribe" giveaway promos
i have seen plenty of those..

Last edited: