Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radim's laser painting

Radim

30806309_2105235193088607_4703872673903176928_o.jpg

Enjoy the Beauty of Lasergrain: The Egg
Instant laserpainting, mobile phone used.

Note: The image is illuminated solely by laser. Red is given by and from fluorescence (internal, external). If special technigue is not used, than it would be dark green/black.

Last edited:

Interesting use of a defocused green. Was it your 532nm or 520nm? What specifically are you saying fluoresced? + Rep.

Last edited:

Radim

Interesting use of a defocused green. Was it your 532nm or 520nm? What specifically are you saying fluoresced? + Rep.

Thank you, Paul. Try to guess... ;) Valid for the others as well...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Radim 19 pages on the thread and a total of 6 pic's:thinking:
My friend we just don't feel you:can:

Fixed, my friend. Thanks for letting me know.
I've done some final experiments yesterday. I've finished math up to sufficient level and article is being prepared to be published here. Expect lasering and bullshit about my lasering.

BTW: A lot of pic has been lost somewhere. I'm about to get hosting to have stabile permalinks.

Last edited:
Well, if it were a gem stone, I would say spinel. as dark green ones fluoresce red. But, I think it is a green plant material of some sort. Chlorophyll fluoresces red. If I'm wrong, I am done as it isn't worth the effort.

Radim

Well, if it were a gem stone, I would say spinel. as dark green ones fluoresce red. But, I think it is a green plant material of some sort. Chlorophyll fluoresces red. If I'm wrong, I am done as it isn't worth the effort.

Partially Correct. The Answer is: Stoned Material

You may put your thinking card on table.

OR

Play a Guess again... ;)

This is just thinking game with real persons entalged. You think, I think. From your output I do observation in my lab and I'll give you a clue. I know your answers already, since I've made this art. It is art in motion, there is full complex tree of answers. Since it is complex artwork. No computer edits, just quick shot with mobile and posted on FB. That to give you clues and some manual.

Reactions: GSS

Radim

Re: Radim's laser painting and more...

Topic change: What you may look for soon...

Experiments:

1. Results will be published as...
  2. ...an article...
  3. ...in pilot of Magazine of this thread.
Working name: #TaoLiim
Note: To keep content clear and relevant for local time forum flow... Rep Singularity is close...

Radim

Re: Radim's Laserpainting Art, Complexity Philosophy and The Surreal World

30420120_1970990819785240_9055711134382059432_o.jpg

On Fractal Geometry of the Nature
@SurrealBird #SurrealBird

Nice photo. And, yes, ferns exhibit fractal geometry as do many other things in nature. I'd just stick to the art as fractals have been done to death by now.

Last edited:

Encap

Nice photo. And, yes, ferns exhibit fractal geometry as do many other things in nature. I'd just stick to the art as fractals have been done to death by now.

Superficially and in a fake forced contrived way perhaps, however and additionally, the fractal routine is just more of the same delusional meaningless nonsense so often demonstrated in this thread as a photo caption/title.

"The popular demonstration of drawing a mature fern leaf as expressed by Barnsley's fractal method is mathematically and visually very attractive but anatomically and developmentally misleading, and thus has limited, if any, biological significance. The same is true for the fractal demonstration of the external features of cauliflower curds. Actual fern leaves and cauliflower curds have a very small number of anatomically variable and non-iterating bifurcations, which superficially look self-similar, but do not allow for scaling down of their structure as real fractals do. Moreover, fern leaves and cauliflower curds develop from the inside out through a process totally different from fractal drawing procedures.
The elegance of using computerized fractal-forming programs to describe general plant morphology has nothing to do with the actual anatomical structure and the patterns of developmental processes that result in the formation of such plant organ
The above cases demonstrate a general problem of using mathematical tools to investigate or illustrate biological phenomena in an irrelevant manner.
A realistic set of mathematical equations to describe fern leaf or cauliflower curd development is needed."

see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3419012/

Last edited:
That is a very good point as the fern was believed to show ever repeating smaller versions of the larger whole. It is aesthetically pleasing to show them this way, but in reality, they are not fractal in nature. I know that fractals have been used to design broad band antennae for cell phones and are useful for these types of designs, but they aren't a true representation of biology as has been represented so many times in the past.

Radim

Superficially and in a fake forced contrived way perhaps, however and additionally, the fractal routine is just more of the same delusional meaningless nonsense so often demonstrated in this thread as aphoto caption/title.

"The popular demonstration of drawing a mature fern leaf as expressed by Barnsley's fractal method is mathematically and visually very attractive but anatomically and developmentally misleading, and thus has limited, if any, biological significance. The same is true for the fractal demonstration of the external features of cauliflower curds. Actual fern leaves and cauliflower curds have a very small number of anatomically variable and non-iterating bifurcations, which superficially look self-similar, but do not allow for scaling down of their structure as real fractals do. Moreover, fern leaves and cauliflower curds develop from the inside out through a process totally different from fractal drawing procedures.
The elegance of using computerized fractal-forming programs to describe general plant morphology has nothing to do with the actual anatomical structure and the patterns of developmental processes that result in the formation of such plant organ
The above cases demonstrate a general problem of using mathematical tools to investigate or illustrate biological phenomena in an irrelevant manner.
A realistic set of mathematical equations to describe fern leaf or cauliflower curd development is needed."

see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3419012/

Not sure what you mean. This is real photo of real plant. Detail of the artwork. No fake, real fractal geometry. I'm not interested in fake photos much.

Edit: When speaking about fractals we need to differentiate real structure and mathematical model of it. Mathematical models do not contain limit of fractal singularity. Kind of bookmark defined by structural constants of nature. For example Fine structure constant. This one will be discussed in my next TaoLiim as planned. Therefore thanks to Encap. I needed to reread your post. Rep+

Edit 2: Yes, Paul. Fractal topology is used for that purposes. The aim is to collect various wavelengths and polarisations of signals. Each anntene has to be unique, that is solved by rectangle Sierpinski-Koche fractal. Again real limit - resolution is applied in manufacturing process.

BTW I'm obsessed by fractals from High school I have their classification already.

Last edited:

Radim

31175392_2108982166047243_4868510434806675261_o.jpg

The Shape of Time
#ComplexityPhilosophy #SurrealBird
Real Instant Laserpainting Photo

Edit:
Artwork for sale via FB marketplace.

Last edited: