Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

radiation levals THE FACTS

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
3. How does it compare with other health risks?

How about the biggest one?

The number one killer of the human race is cardiovascular disease, but junk food gets almost no regulation.

The leakage from this accident might kill a handful of people over the next 60 years but it was because of anomalous natural disasters, yet it gets LOTS of attention.

I'm just not seeing the point of greasing the piss out of the silent wheel and leaving the squeaky one alone.

How about the biggest one?

The number one killer of the human race is cardiovascular disease, but junk food gets almost no regulation.

The leakage from this accident might kill a handful of people over the next 60 years but it was because of anomalous natural disasters, yet it gets LOTS of attention.

I'm just not seeing the point of greasing the piss out of the silent wheel and leaving the squeaky one alone.

Agreed for the most part. There is one point I would like to make on the cardiovascular disease vs industrial accidents (which nuclear accidents is a tiny tiny TINY tiny percentage of) it's personal choice. We choose to eat the junk food, knowing it is bad. While a coal ash spill, or a nuclear accident, is something we have no control of. *shrug* If I picked up smoking, and died from lung cancer, that would be my own fault, and I would honestly accept that. On the other hand, if I died from complications from chemicals that have leeched into the drinking water near where I live, (courtesy of spills at Hill Air Force Base) I can see that I would be rather angry at HAFB. *shrug* perhaps when you think about it, dead is dead, but a lot of people are more comfortable picking their own poisons rather then having them picked for them. It still doesn't justify the attention that the media gives to nuclear accidents, vs much much worse problems.

However I doubt I am alone in finding more comfort in the results of my own choices, then complicates beyond my control. (This concept probably goes a ways to explain why people dwell more on this type of thing)

i want a plutonium reactor in my laser projector for infinite lasering time.
can we build one? :D

DTR

And it should not be. It is called freedom of choice. You know the main thing our country stands for. People are responsible for their own decisions.

They would have to pry that big mac out of my cold dead hands.:gun: The real problem is once you compromise and take away one liberty then it is open season on them all.

Last edited:
People are freaking out way too much. I want a simple answer, How many Rads/Sec are we being exposed to? and where can I buy some RadX, or RadAway?
I would also like to have a pip boy so I know when my radiation levels are getting too high.

It is called freedom of choice. You know the main thing our country stands for. People are responsible for their own decisions.

I could go on a drug tangent, but maybe that's a little too off topic.

Agreed for the most part. There is one point I would like to make on the cardiovascular disease vs industrial accidents (which nuclear accidents is a tiny tiny TINY tiny percentage of) it's personal choice. We choose to eat the junk food, knowing it is bad. While a coal ash spill, or a nuclear accident, is something we have no control of. *shrug* If I picked up smoking, and died from lung cancer, that would be my own fault, and I would honestly accept that. On the other hand, if I died from complications from chemicals that have leeched into the drinking water near where I live, (courtesy of spills at Hill Air Force Base) I can see that I would be rather angry at HAFB. *shrug* perhaps when you think about it, dead is dead, but a lot of people are more comfortable picking their own poisons rather then having them picked for them. It still doesn't justify the attention that the media gives to nuclear accidents, vs much much worse problems.

However I doubt I am alone in finding more comfort in the results of my own choices, then complicates beyond my control. (This concept probably goes a ways to explain why people dwell more on this type of thing)

electricity is our choice. have you ever lost power in a storm? then you know the feeling not having the choice if cooking, keeping your food fresh etc.

so while some may cry for the departed and curse the energy world... We need electricity. we will eventually have a better infrastructure, but until then these scenarios will continue.
sorry to be blunt.

michael.