Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant X4: A LPM for the masses at Illumination Supply!

rhd

They will be shipping around early June.

@H2O

Here's some more info on the shroud, the head has a back plate and a front plate, the front plate protects the sensor area, similar to how an Ophir head works.

b5m83Ga.jpg

KvHTNSR.jpg

@joeybab

The price will be around $150 give or take.

Count me in for one. I'll take one, as soon as one is available. :)

Is that CNC'd, and if so, did you get that done here in BC?

ARG

They are CNC'd, the prototypes were done here, but the production revision was done out of province, I couldn't find a suitable place in BC.

Count me in for one. I'll take one, as soon as one is available. :)

Is that CNC'd, and if so, did you get that done here in BC?
I was just about to correct you on the price on podos thread but it appears you have already seen this XD

ARG

Quick update:
All the LPM's have gone through initial hardware calibration. There are only a couple of steps left, firmware calibration and final inspection.

The software is changing slightly for the new LPM's I'm working on the final build right now.

The LPM's are the only thing on my plate at the moment so they'll be ready soon :)

Thats good to hear, was about to ask how its going some hours ago.

Probably the next thing ill have to spend my money on haha. :D

I feel like your supply is gonna go fast.....just hope I get a chance to buy one before the masses get wind of this.

ARG

There will be plenty in stock, no need to worry about pre-orders or anything like that :)

ARG

Another update :)

Finished the final firmware. I improved the response time and added Android USB OTG support for possible future use.
8KLjPHk.jpg

Going to have to batch test the response time when I've calibrated some more meters, but for now it looks like the final specs will be
4s for 95% response
5s for 100% response

Last edited:

gozert

Sounds good ARG! A few questions though. Will it only have software for Android, or can it be used on Windows/IOS too? Second, do you have an estimate on when they will be available for purchase? I've been looking for an LPM for a while now.

Sounds good ARG! A few questions though. Will it only have software for Android, or can it be used on Windows/IOS too? Second, do you have an estimate on when they will be available for purchase? I've been looking for an LPM for a while now.

If i had to guess its going to be a no on ios... apple isnt very open source XD

gozert

If i had to guess its going to be a no on ios... apple isnt very open source XD

Yeah that's my guess too, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I do hope it's Windows compatible though, since I don't have an android phone.

ARG

It will work with Peregrine [Mac, PC, Linux] and Lightspeed [PC]. Same as the X4.

There is no software for Android at the moment, possibly in the future. No iOS support planned.

As for the availability for purchase that should be coming up soon. All that's left is calibration which should move quickly.

You should add a connector that can connect to an led display and display the readings in the future.