Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant X4: A LPM for the masses at Illumination Supply!

Amazing price, whats the life expectancy? Wear n tear from laser hitting it n all, how long does it take to begin deteriorating?

csshih

Amazing price, whats the life expectancy? Wear n tear from laser hitting it n all, how long does it take to begin deteriorating?

If the measurement instructions in the user manual are followed the sensor coating wont get damaged.

Craig

well thats what im curious about. ive never had a lpm so i dont know. what is it coated with and what are the precautions to take when using it? what effect does the focus of the laser have?

NO4H99

I've measured up to 2.5w on my so far. If you just un-focus it a bit, there will be no problem

i was kinda figuring thats part of protecting it, stay infinity focused? avoid making the sensor the focal point?

NO4H99

Yah. that or a little past (wider than) infinity for the high power blues.

Last edited:

ARG

well thats what im curious about. ive never had a lpm so i dont know. what is it coated with and what are the precautions to take when using it? what effect does the focus of the laser have?

Do not focus the laser on any sensor. You've got to unfocus the laser before measuring it. If you focus the laser to a burning point it will burn the sensor.

For higher power lasers you should unfocus it more, to lower the density of the power.

Happy to say my LPM arrived yesterday, I'm very pleased with it. I'm also excited to have my very first 3d printed item! Hooray for both lol

I am so happy about this. I thought I would have to wait a very long time to get an LPM if ever, now I should have one waiting in my mailbox today, got one with the blue case.

Alan

I am so happy about this. I thought I would have to wait a very long time to get an LPM if ever, now I should have one waiting in my mailbox today, got one with the blue case.

Alan
I felt the same way, didn't think ide ever own One at the typical price point of $350+

This made my day, and makes my hobby that much better

csshih

Thanks everyone! :wave:
I'm very glad to be able to do this.
We're not done with just one product, of course. :na:

Craig

NKO29

^ I always love to hear that! Wish i waited the extra month before buying my USED LPM :p

eftbot

Looks like having a very good value for money, however it seems that the first production batch of the X4s have been sold out (available on backorder at the time of writing via Radiant Electronics X4 3.7W Laser Power Meter - $99.95 : Illumination Supply, Quality Flashlights and More! ).

Is there any estimation on when new units will become available for purchase? I already have a LaserBee usb 2.5 watt LPM and the extended measurement range of X4 seems to be a good choice for measuring high power lasers.

Do you feel that this unit will withstand a 2-3 minutes measurement session of a ~3.5-3.6W blue laserpointer (marginally lower than X4's rated max nominal value of 3.7)

ARG

He said on another forum that they would be back in stock in a week or so ^