Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

::Radiant Deals!:: 1W 445nm Diodes, IR Filters, >175mW Red Modules, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6665logo.png

6840diodeflare.jpg

- 445nm 1W Blue Laser Diode - Click Here for Product

For those new to the laser hobby scene, 445nm laser diodes are all the craze, with output powers of well over 1 Watt with the proper cooling and power supply. Radiant electronics now has these diodes available, ready for you to create your very own unique, powerful blue laser pointer or lab unit. After reading all those great tutorials, and viewing all those dazzling pictures and videos on LaserPointerForums about these 1W 445nm Lasers, you can take it upon yourself to create one of these pointers. When used in a safe, responsible manner, a 1W 445nm Blue laser can be a great addition to any laserist’s collection. For our laser pointer suppliers out there, we have a quantity discount system for great prices on orders of more than one diode, so you can supply your customers with the best products with minimal investment from you. Remember that these laser diodes are class IV laser devices, and as such, can cause instant, and permanent, eye damage, as well as be fire hazards if misused. We cannot stress enough how important it is for you to do your homework before deciding to undertake the build of a high powered laser device, and evaluate yourself and your progress into the laser hobby to see if you are ready to posses such a device. Keep lasers safe, and legal for all responsible hobbyists.

8771filt.jpg

- Small IR Filter - Click Here for Product

All high end green laser pointers use IR filters to filter out the left over InfraRed light from the conversion process that turns 808nm light from the pump diode into the classic laserist’s bright 532nm green we all love. These filters are also available at Radiant at a very low price, so you can install one in a budget Dealextreme pointer, or use it to test your laser collection for the amount of their true 532nm green output, and not just a power reading on the IR + Green. Let’s keep the manufacturers and resellers honest with their specs, right? As with our 445nm diodes, we also offer a bulk discount with IR filter purchases, you can start saving with a purchase of as little as 2 IR Filters.

6584module.jpg

- 175mW 650nm Red Laser Module - Click Here for Product

A powerful red laser module is a great way to start your first laser build, especially if you are on a budget. Radiant’s new >175mW 650nm Red laser modules can get you into the hobby for only $24.95. With our red modules, all you need is two lithium primary AAA batteries (or a single lithium ion 18650 cell), and you’ve got a fully functional red laser with the power to burn!

3557gog.png

- RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers - Click Here for Product

Protective laser glasses are essential to keeping your eyesight safe in a hobby where we work with high powered lasers on a daily basis, most of which have the power to burn. Imagine what the power of a laser that can burn wood would have on your eye? Protect yourself with Radiant Electronic’s RadiantShades, the affordable, tested, protective laser glasses. RadiantShades have a range of 400nm - 550nm, so they are a good choice to use with your 532nm green laser pointer, or your 1W 445nm Blue Laser. As a LaserPointerForums member, you can get $5.00 off your pair of RadiantShades by using the code LPFSHADES5 at the checkout. There’s no excuse to keep your eyes safe!

(Remember, Laser experiments should be safe by design, the laser goggles being a last line of defense to the eyes. Don’t depend on laser glasses, plan your experiments carefully)

Last edited:

Dude awesome....

cheaper Laser shades sold by someone in the US.

I need another pair of glasses. But I hate ordering from china. takes like 3 weeks or more to get your stuff.

These look similar to the o-like glasses. Are they the same?

Make some more LPM's "Cough Cough"

I'll be spending most of this weekend to get a bunch out :beer:

Dude awesome....

cheaper Laser shades sold by someone in the US.

I need another pair of glasses. But I hate ordering from china. takes like 3 weeks or more to get your stuff.

These look similar to the o-like glasses. Are they the same?

They look similar, but these are not from o-like.

They have been individually and batch tested to perform to the specs posted on the website.

Best wishes and good luck to the guys at Radiant(MM and Spyrorocks) I love my Alpha LPM and can recommend Radiant products to all. The Alpha is well made and very portable-- the 9V battery goes inside a nice door in the back rather than having a wire hanging out like some other meters. MM gives sound advice to all in regards to using your lasers in a safe manner and the importance of having a safe set-up backed by the proper eye protection.

The new items added to Radiant are going to be a big help to all and I hear they will have blank genuine AixiZ 12X30 mm mlodules available very soon.

The only thing I can call a 'Con' about the Alpha LPM is the button on the front can be accidently pushed with the meter in a case and if it were recessed it would not happen plus the Alpha is so sought after that as every batch is hand made they get sold out fast. IMHO- that just tells you how good they are.

A place to plug in a 9v wallwart would be a nice touch as well but doing that myself took all of ten minutes.

Best advice I can offer is to have shortcut icon on your desktop and check often to see when you can order- Register at Radiant and place your Alpha in your cart then when they come back in stock you will be ready as they do not take any pre-orders AFAIK.

I will be doing a full review on the Alpha with comparisons to the LB 1 and the Kenometer Lite.

hope this post is helpful..................hak

Last edited:
Add the coupon code at checkout "1wfreeship" for free shipping on 445nm diodes :)

megha

is it supposed that people that want to buy the LPM should check the availabitily on the site, and buy it when there are some units available? or there is any way to pre-order or pre know when they will be ready to buy?

Thanks for your answers :)

is it supposed that people that want to buy the LPM should check the availabitily on the site, and buy it when there are some units available? or there is any way to pre-order or pre know when they will be ready to buy?

Thanks for your answers :)

I usually post in the thread when new meters will be coming and I also send out a newsletter email when they are posted for sale. If you're not already registered for the newsletter I can manually enable it for your customer account on the site.

megha

I usually post in the thread when new meters will be coming and I also send out a newsletter email when they are posted for sale. If you're not already registered for the newsletter I can manually enable it for your customer account on the site.

I've signed up in the website and subscripted to the newsletter.

Success: Your newsletter subscription has been successfully updated!

Thanks for your tip :)

Just got my LPM. I have tested all my Lasers and am very happy. You made a good product. That offer to assist you is still open. I hope you can keep making these for everyone.

The meter can feel my hands warmth Thats cool. I like the design. I only have 1 complaint and that is I wish it had a way to hold/store the cord and heat sensor. I feel like I could break the cords tiny wires. :thinking: But thats it, I love it.

Just got my LPM. I have tested all my Lasers and am very happy. You made a good product. That offer to assist you is still open. I hope you can keep making these for everyone.

The meter can feel my hands warmth Thats cool. I like the design. I only have 1 complaint and that is I wish it had a way to hold/store the cord and heat sensor. I feel like I could break the cords tiny wires. :thinking: But thats it, I love it.

Glad you're enjoying your new meter :beer:

tennis

ok im a noob. i was looking at the red 175mW module. If i ordered that. the only thing that i would need after that would be a housing correct?

ok im a noob. i was looking at the red 175mW module. If i ordered that. the only thing that i would need after that would be a housing correct?

Yes, you need a housing, such as a pre-made pen style, a custom made host, or a gutted flashlight (most common). A module with a driver is needed, or you need to buy or make a driver if the module is not so equipped. On top of these components, you obviously need a battery/ power source. That is what is needed for the basic handheld laser. Many other options and upgrades are available to increase efficiency over the basic components. :beer:

This question should really be in a technical section of the forum though; this is the buy, sell and trade area. :whistle:

whats going on with those laser safety glasses? id love to grab a few for when friends come over

Status
Not open for further replies.