Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant 4X LPM is not defective

Re: Radiant 4 LPM DEFECTIVE

Livinloud, well I guess I can't depend on the LaserBee, but my Norton security still won't allow my computer to recognize the meter. I spent an hour yesterday with a tech from Symantec trying to get the meter recognized and was told that there was a virus in the meter's program called Trojan.Gen.2. Still trying to get that resolved. If you can help me with that problem then Please help! Thanks, Paul

Guess you don't read too well, ARG already posted the thread where your problem has already been solved

csshih

Hey Paul,
I think we got bumped into another thread-
Here's the previous conversation thread.

Hi Paul,

I was directed towards this thread by Arg.
We have not been able to answer customer calls and emails this week as we've been away at a trade show. (our website states additional processing time for support tickets, which generally take 2-3 business days.) We go through literally a few hundred emails a week, so this may take longer than normal.

We've uploaded a new binary to the website, please check and see if it still triggers the false positive. Should be a good now: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b8e19e97bdaaacbeb198b80a6ee204d5317/analysis/
We've also communicated with google about the website warning. It should be resolved but Google is prone to take a while.

As for calibration - please ensure you're checking the power of the lasers correctly. We find it odd that it's so consistently inaccurate.
We guarantee our calibration and can take the meter back under warranty, but we need to confirm it's not operating to spec.

csshih, I logged into the website you sent me and it is just a list of people who have had problems with this virus. Do you want me to go back to the website at Illumination Supply and down load the drivers again? As far as the power being off, 88% is a average value of how much lower the meter measures known laser power values. I didn't do exact measurements for each laser, but took an average and it was close enough. If you can help me with this I am very interested because I'd love to have this LPM work.

If you'll look again, the website is a virus checker. It's coming up clean.
Download the binary again, not the drivers. We had no issues with the drivers.

We'll take care of you via the ticket system.

Please try the new binary posted to our website.

I got Norton on line again today trying to get my meter recognized by my computer. I turned off the firewall and the virus protection loaded the Radiant Light Speed Data Logging and tried to get my computer to recognize the meter and still no matter which of my three USB ports I use I can't get the meter recognized now. I'm not sure what the problem is now. I will accept for the sake of argument that the calibration is good. I will go as far as to apologize for suggesting it is off, though I am not yet convinced, but I cannot get the meter recognized no matter what I do. I am now too close to the problem to think straight at this point. If anyone has an idea of how to get Radiant's Light Speed Data Logging to see my meter please let me know. Thanks , Paul

ARG

Did you install the drivers?
If so, is it showing up on a COM port?
Also, if it is connecting, just not getting data have you changed the data stream in the meter menu to Radiant?

ARG, I installed the drivers and they seem fine. But, when I go to calibrate, it states meter not connected no matter which USB port I use. And that was when I had Norton turned off. I can go to measure and get the same statement, meter not connected. Thanks, Paul

ARG, And yes , I changed the data stream on the meter to Radiant. thanks, Paul

ARG, Not having seen one of these working you asked if it showed a COM port. It is not stating which COM port I should use, but no matter which one I connect to and switch to Radiant Data Logging on the meter it shows "meter not connected". In the upper right corner there is an icon I can click on and it states meter not connected. All this while Norton is turned off. Any Ideas? Thanks, Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

ARG

The lightspeed software doesn't state the COM port unless it sees a radiant meter.
I assume nothing shows under Meter>Connection>Connect?
If there's nothing there try going to
Start Menu>Computer>Right Click>Manage>Device Manager>Ports (COM & LPT)
and see what is listed there.

ARG, Yeah. Windows 8 doesn't work that way. I can go to settings >PC settings>devices>search for new device>FAILURE. No new device found. I can try different COM ports and do it again and still no device found. Thanks, Paul

Search for device manager. It should be a list showing all your hardware info and whatnot.

Speedy78, Thanks. I tried to do what you suggested and found that I don't have the drivers to do it. Even though I have a version of Radiant loaded and working. I tried to down load Peregrine and it is a .zip file and for some reason I can't open it. So, I don't know what I'm going to do about this today. I might have to wait for csshih to get back to me. I did all this with Norton turned off again. Thank you, Paul

ARG, I got it off the LPF after searching for Peregrine. There was a link to download Peregrine 1.4 and I clicked on it and allowed it to load. Then tried to open it and no luck. Right now my head is swimming from dealing with this all day yesterday and today. If there is a better place to get it please send the link. Thanks, Paul

You are searching for a new device but it won't recognize any new devices if you already have the drivers installed so no duh it says nothing found. New device search is meamt for first time plugging something in to your pc. Youve plugged it in many times from the sound of it thus new device search is usless

Your problem is you use windows 8

Arg, as far as drivers I was talking about the drivers for data logging. Thanks again, Paul

Livingloud, yes you are exactly right. It found the meter but states that I don't have the data logging drivers even though I have a working version of Radiant loaded and working as near as I can tell. Any suggestions? thanks, Paul

ARG

Livingloud, yes you are exactly right. It found the meter but states that I don't have the data logging drivers even though I have a working version of Radiant loaded and working as near as I can tell. Any suggestions? thanks, Paul

Can you take a screenshot of that? It would be useful for diagnosing the situation.

csshih

Hey Paul,

Does Windows make the "Device connected" sound when you plug the meter in? We know there's power going to the device.. just need to figure out why it's not showing up in windows.

ARG, okay here it is. I am having trouble linking the photos. Will have to try again in a few minutes. Paul

ARG, I was having troubles uploading the photos, so I posted them on my profile under albums and called it "Radiant Driver Problems". Sorry to do it that way, but I couldn't get it to link any other way. Thanks, Paul