Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quitting Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was smoking 3 packs a day for years when I quit 20
years ago...
I went cold turkey... I put the 1/2 pack I had left in the
kitchen cupboard with my lighter on top of it.. Just in
case I couldn't do it..
The next time I looked at that pack it was completely
dried out...
I was able to quit because I wanted it and did it for ME..

Ever wonder why you don't have the urge to light up
while you are sleeping...:thinking:

Obviously you body does not realy need it...
Today I can't stand the smell of them...
And I will not go out with a woman that smokes...
It's like kissing an ashtray...:eek:

Jerry

Last edited:

To help with your quitting, stop going to bars. Also, if you smoke weed in bowls too, switch to rolling joints. That way, you'll get the finger and hand-to-mouth action your addiction remembers. I'll not recommend you start smoking weed if you don't already, but on the scale of danger to your body, MJ's a 1 and tobacco's a 10.

Good luck! Ride a bicycle. Eat carrots and celery.

I sort of see where your coming from but don't totally agree with you.
Smoking joints is not going to help him quit smoking cigarettes but just deflect his addiction.
Your "scale of danger" sounds really cool but consider that joints have no filters and sometimes contain worse crap for your lungs than cigarettes.
I read a study years ago that said smoking a joint does the same amount of damage as an entire pack of cigarettes.
I smoke four cigarettes a day and hate it. It's disgusting unhealthy nasty shit.
It's a constant battle. Even after i've gone a year of not smoking i've still wanted a cigarette.
I swear to God it's second only to crack in it's addictiveness.

EDIT: I like your way of thinking Dave.

You do NOT need to "quit smoking" That is obviously very difficult.

All you have to do is to decide NOT to have this cigarette, right now.

Last edited:

Digger

I smoked for about 10yrs and worked my way up to 1 /2 - 2 packs a day. I quit cold turkey 7 years ago and yes I was a major asshole for awhile. My Dad smoked 3 packs a day (truck driver) and he had acupuncture done and hasn't smoked in 6 years. Looks like we all have something in common, so it can be done. It's just a matter of choices and will power.

Good luck!

I sort of see where your coming from but don't totally agree with you.
Smoking joints is not going to help him quit smoking cigarettes but just deflect his addiction.
Your "scale of danger" sounds really cool but consider that joints have no filters and sometimes contain worse crap for your lungs than cigarettes.
I read a study years ago that said smoking a joint does the same amount of damage as an entire pack of cigarettes.

EDIT: I like your way of thinking Dave.

MJ has nowhere near the "crap for your lungs than cigarettes". Not even close. It's a plant with no additives. Cigarettes are a chemical stew.

The point about one joint equaling a pack of cigarettes is also untrue. If it was, where are all the patients that should be equal in number to the one-pack-a-day smokers? One joint a day is a reasonable average for a chronic weed smoker. Unless perhaps you roll'em like Cheech & Chong!:crackup::beer:

Ash

Ever wonder why you don't have the urge to light up
while you are sleeping...:thinking:

Obviously you body does not realy need it...

Jerry

This is a great point. It's the "awake" mind that craves the smokes.

@ OP (Xplorer877) If you really have onlly been smoking for a year or so. it will be much easier to "not smoke" than if your addiction lasted 15+ years and you try to quit.
I am a pack a day smoker (right now) but every few years, I just seem to get bored of it and stop for a while (longest time stopped was 2.5 years).
My advice is just to "try" not to have smokes. I used to rid my house of all cigarettes (when I was trying to quit), but it seemed to just make me want them more (and behave irrationally to get one). Then I learned to actually keep a pack around while I was quitting, so I wouldn't waste $5 on a pack just to smoke one and realize how nasty it really is and throw the rest away. This may not work for you. But, it usually worked for me. Really, you just have to get your mind "set" on not smoking.
Quitting was all about 3's for me.
3-days and the craving for the nicotene becomes less
3-weeks and your body (lungs, circulatory system, etc..) really feels better (healthier) without the nicotene, and it is much easier to not have a smoke at 3-weeks
3-months and you "typically" have much less of a craving for smokes, and don't even want one when you see someone having one
and if you can go 3-years without smoking a single cig, you may never go back: sucess.
I know I smoke, I don't condone it, I know it's bad for me, but it's a lot better for me than a lot of other stuff I do.
trip-1.gif

Oh, and lots of this-->
thMeditate.gif
helped me control the psychological dependence.

I'll add another statistic:
"Within the first 20 minutes of quitting, the healing process begins. The benefits will continue to improve your health and quality of life for years."
Source: After the Last Cigarette - Quit Smoking Benefits Begin - After Quitting Smoking

MJ has nowhere near the "crap for your lungs than cigarettes". Not even close. It's a plant with no additives. Cigarettes are a chemical stew.

The point about one joint equaling a pack of cigarettes is also untrue. If it was, where are all the patients that should be equal in number to the one-pack-a-day smokers? One joint a day is a reasonable average for a chronic weed smoker. Unless perhaps you roll'em like Cheech & Chong!:crackup::beer:

lol.

a) sounds like some dumb propaganda, but as joints are completely unfiltered, and ...on fire, and depending on the mj, it could be well bad for you. chemicals it was grown with, exposed to, not to mention all the elements and impurities contained at a molecular level.

theres no way its true, but im not gonna act like smoking pot is healthy, just use something water filtered and pack it with something organic, cured and flushed, and try to get off them death sticks.

speaking of which, off to have one.

daguin

OK The drug argument has started.

I'm closing the thread

< shakes rattle >
Lasers, Lasers, Lasers
< releases the spirits >

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.