Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quitting Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying the gum and the patch but I'm still craving. It's driving me crazy and I feel sick and I'm irritable. I've only been smoking for about a year and I've realized it's a gross and expensive habit and I curse the day I ever started. Besides the GF wants me to quit too. I don't want to be addicted anymore and I sure as hell don't want all the medical BS that is sure to come if I don't stop.

Can anyone else relate? It sucks. :undecided:

Kids, don't smoke okay? Promise me! You don't want to go through this S&%T!

-Tony

Smoking sucks I used to for about a week :crackup: but I never got really addicted.

To help with your quitting, stop going to bars. Also, if you smoke weed in bowls too, switch to rolling joints. That way, you'll get the finger and hand-to-mouth action your addiction remembers. I'll not recommend you start smoking weed if you don't already, but on the scale of danger to your body, MJ's a 1 and tobacco's a 10.

Good luck! Ride a bicycle. Eat carrots and celery.

carrots and celery for sure!

and i was there, but i fell right off the m.f. wagon and am smoking again, itll happen when you have 6 hours to drive :(

btw. dont waste any money on those e cigarette jokes. sh!*s poison.

rkcstr

There are a number of prescription smoking cessation aids too. In the US, any family doc can prescribe them.

Two that come to mind:
1. Chantix
2. Zyban

They work in entirely different ways, so one may be tried if the other doesn't work. They aren't "magic pills" either, so they do require you to do the work of quitting, except they can reduce the craving. They can help get you through the short-term withdrawal, but it's up to you to avoid smoking long-term because the addiction is strongly ingrained in your brain and you'll probably always have some desire to smoke, but it will decrease with time.

Get some of those fake electronics cigarettes from dx.. it would worth to give a try.

DJNY

Go with this combination here:
Electronic Cigarette + book + stubborn will + a person who really likes you and wants you to stop smoking

I´m to penny-pinching for this smoking shit
-> less cigarettes = more money for lasers & longer life time to marvel at them

carrots and celery for sure!

btw. dont waste any money on those e cigarette jokes. sh!*s poison.

lols.

i just said not to. seriously, i have a few of the pricier ones and they are a joke, literally inhaling fog machine juice + nicotine.

no thanks, i know it sounds terrible, but id rather have the satisfaction of tobacco smoke with my carcinogens thank you.

however if you want a brand new Njoy pro electronic cigarette, i have a few still in packaging.

blech. off to have a smoke.

daguin

You do NOT need to "quit smoking" That is obviously very difficult.

All you have to do is to decide NOT to have this cigarette, right now.

I smoked from the time I was 12 until I was 27

I actually never really quit smoking.

I did quit buying them, borrowing them, or accepting them from others. ;)

Peace,
dave

Good point Dave! It's NOT about stopping. You stop smoking every time you finish a smoke. It's about stopping STARTING again. One opportunity at a time. Do something different.

Asherz

Don't come up with replacements for a cigarette to ease your addiction. I know it may sound difficult but just stick it through, read some inspirational books and every time you think you need a cigarette just remember everything positive you gain from not having one.

Going to a state school, it was hard to stay away from the stuff when 25 out of the 30 people in your class smoked. I did for a short period of time but started to notice the need for one and in the end just said this is enough, I don't need this.

Good luck, wish you all the best! You'll come out feeling absolutely fantastic! :)

"It is the mind that makes the body rich." - William Shakespeare

The power to quit lies in your mind, you are not a
body with a mind. You are a mind with a body.

I smoked 1.5 packs a day for 12 years.. I quit a little over three years ago. I tried this weird holistic treatment where they give you little electric shocks just inside the ear. I never really put any stock in alternative medicine, all I can say is that I haven't had a smoke since I had the treatment done.

I can't say that I didn't have any cravings. What I can say is that I never had any cravings that were strong enough to make me smoke.

diachi

To help with your quitting, stop going to bars. Also, if you smoke weed in bowls too, switch to rolling joints. That way, you'll get the finger and hand-to-mouth action your addiction remembers. I'll not recommend you start smoking weed if you don't already, but on the scale of danger to your body, MJ's a 1 and tobacco's a 10.

Good luck! Ride a bicycle. Eat carrots and celery.

This. however, the way I would do it is to use filler ( t0bacco ) and gradually cut down on the filler, making it easier - until you're left with just weed. Then because cannabis is not addictive, stop smoking that too.

Or get one of those "inhilator" things.

diachi

You do NOT need to "quit smoking" That is obviously very difficult.

All you have to do is to decide NOT to have this cigarette, right now.

I smoked from the time I was 12 until I was 27

I actually never really quit smoking.

I did quit buying them, borrowing them, or accepting them from others. ;)

Peace,
dave

Good way to go about it actually, logical ... :whistle::D

Could always spend all your money on lasers so that you have no money left to spend on smoking! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.