Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

questions regarding the rules

Lil late here but I'm in Portland now again!! Paul I'm back!! I'm actually in the se Portland area. Good luck on the repair. Quite a few of us in portland

Congratulations, 10fenney. I know you are happy to be back. I have lived in Portland and in Lexington, KY and I know the culture shock of going from one to the other. I am very happy for you, buddy. :yh:

I am out of reps for the time being. Otherwise, I would have repped you to celebrate.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! Good to be home! Never thought ide miss mountains and trees!!!

We certainly have a lot of trees in the Pacific Northwest. And many different types too. The Olympian Forest is huge and dense in northwest WA.

Just checking back in , moving on the 8th, getting settled in and in about a month I intend to send my laser to him for repair!!! Also they allow laser sales between members here right?> I may want to buy one as well... !!

..welcome--

IF you are near Portland-- you can meet in person with many great members- more personal than having to 'engage' via the forum.

I must ask you --how do we 'see' you unless we engage at the forum?-- just saying you are being safe is not enough--plz tell us about your eye protection?

look for new posts in this thread.

BTW if you do not own a LPM any Portland member w/ a LPM will be happy to meter any of your lasers
at no charge.

also by connecting with others you will know about any planned laser events (like LEMs) close by.

(search NWLEM)

hak:whistle:;):D

Welding goggles but in all honesty my 1 Watt laser I bought from that olgaoutlaw guy on ebay was not working long enough for me to do much with it. I'm in Vancouver WASHINGTON having JUST moved and settled in from Wilsonville Or.

I did PM one forum member with an idea that I could send my laser to them, get an estimate on cost to repair and if it was too costly for me I would just give them the laser and buy a new one from this forum.... Sounds fair right?

Have not heard back from him so if I don't hear back in a day or so im open to pay for laser repair and or give you it for parts and buy a new one from you...

Thanks..

Awesome! I lived in Vancouver for about four years. My wife worked in Portland and I worked not far from our house. I loved being on the bank of the Columbia River. When we first got there in 1982 I5 was the only bridge connecting the two cities. Before I left the I205 bridge had been up for a couple of years. My daughter was born in a Portland hospital, but we lived in Vancouver and I have many photos of her there. She is in her mid thirties now.

What kind of laser do you have that needs repair? I may be able to help you.

Last edited:
Awesome! I lived in Vancouver for about four years. My wife worked in Portland and I worked not far from our house. I loved being on the bank of the Columbia River. When we first got there in 1982 I5 was the only bridge connecting the two cities. Before I left the I205 bridge had been up for a couple of years. My daughter was born in a Portland hospital, but we lived in Vancouver and I have many photos of her there. She is in her mid thirties now.

What kind of laser do you have that needs repair? I may be able to help you.

Well I don't know anything other than its a 1 watt blue hand held laser...

https://postimg.cc/image/gf0eksb07/

In this picture you can see I have it turned on but the light is very dim.

I just need that light to be working.

As far as Vancouver I like it so far. Live off exit 4 from i5 so its easy getting to the freeway … First time living out of my home state of Oregon... I have no idea what's wrong with the laser other than its dim.

I live in Tacoma now. As far as your laser goes, I can repair it for you if your other deal falls through. It looks like a 445nm M140 diode build. I usually like to use a larger heat sink for a two watt laser or a custom host that makes the whole host part of the heat sink. I have the diodes, drivers and if you want it a better host.

ahh good old Tacoma .. Im an owner operator and I contract with a company to run Fred Meyer loads all over OR and WA...

Tacoma is that one store no driver wants to go to. Horrible people there to deal with.. Anyways Lets give it another day, if I don't receive a reply than I have no problems with mailing it to you..

I've had the thing sitting around since around 2012 not working...

GEESSS! I guess there is no rush on this thing, then. You must have gotten one of the first high power 445nm diodes for this laser. I have both versions in my stock and an NDB7875 9 mm one too.

Last edited:
Well no reply. So where can I mail this for a fix or possible scrap and purchase another one? I received no reply so if you're up to it I can mail it this weekend!!! UPS