Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about ebay pen.

I just purchased one of these: Powerful Astronomy Grade Blue Beam Laser Pointer 5mw 532nm w/ Retail Box

Powerful Astronomy Grade Blue Beam Laser Pointer 5mW 532nm w Retail Box | eBay

I had a few questions I thought maybe you all could help with.

This says it is a 532nm BLUE laser, but isnt 532nm GREEN? Even if I do get a green one I will be ok with it because of the price, but it seems a bit odd to me.

Has anyone else bought one of these? If anyone knows anything about them I would greatly appreciate any feedback you guys could give.

I just figured for the price I couldnt go wrong, even if it IS a green one, and not a blue...

DJNY

The guys selling these mostly have no clue.

That´s a 405nm (violett) pen for sure.

Be careful, it´s not 5mW like claimed, it´s going to be a >30mW pointer.

Lol, pictured is purple, listed is green and blue. Try not to get excited though, the one thing we know for sure is that it won't be blue, you can't get those for $4.

I had one Laserpen 650nm red und the label said "532nm 5mW"...
And be careful, Ebay Pens can easy hit 50mW!

norbyx

Well the only sure thing is that it's a laser, acording to the listing it could be violet (if the pictures are correct) Green (if the description is correct) or blue (if the title is correct).... I think it's just a matter of interpretation ... :)

Looks like seller doesn't know what he sells.I'm looking forward to hear some news when you get laser .It would be even more funny if you get red. :D
By the way ,ebay pens are mostly over spec,so treat your laser very carefully.And if you're planning playing with reflective surfaces,looking at close beam you should get safety goggles.

Pman

Yeah, that's a bit stange.... will be interesting to see what you get.
Good place to buy IF you have safety glasses on ebay is "21buyinhere". Have bought many sets of "3PCS Power 5mW Laser Pointer Pen Combo Green + Blue Purple Violet + Red Light" and they are WAY overspec everytime. They will probably accept an offer of $12 or so.
Can't explain how the last 2 sets I bought arrived from the day I purchased in 7 days from China. Must have hit perfect timing.
Those sets tested at 51 and 68mw (532nm), 80 and 86mw (405nm), 108 and 115mw (650nm). Those are normal mw for these. Ophir tested and aproved:)
Don't bother buying the single pens as they are the same as what comes in the 3-pack and you'll pay a lot more.

Last edited:
Pman, I was thinking about buying 3 pen lasers combo too,but can't find any with free worldwide shipping (or free EU shipping).Also I'd like to buy these pens only because for use without goggles,for example pointing at presentation slides...(But I don't know if it's safe to do so,because you never know what mw you get if you don't have LPM,however few seconds of beam on non reflective surface like 15-20ft away shouldn't cause damage)?

Last edited:

Gun

You wouldn't want to use anything over 5mW for a presentation...

That looks exactly like the MillionAccessories 5mw Green I got on Amazon. Cheap greens are a gamble, mine only lasted 10 days. It is the only green I have had so far so I have nothing to compare it to but I don't believe for a second it was only 5mw, the beam was visible in dim lighting and very visible in the dark.

Pman, I was thinking about buying 3 pen lasers combo too,but can't find any with free worldwide shipping (or free EU shipping).Also I'd like to buy these pens only because for use without goggles,for example pointing at presentation slides...(But I don't know if it's safe to do so,because you never know what mw you get if you don't have LPM,however few seconds of beam on non reflective surface like 15-20ft away shouldn't cause damage)?

Have a look here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/cheap-ebay-pointers-some-interesting-lpm-results-73993.html ;) :beer:

Pman

Have bought from million accesories also and the 21buyinhere were better. Actually not easy to find <5mw units.

Last edited: