Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Question about DIY Scanner build

I'd check with space as directly first they might get you a better price... Animations are totally where it's at anyway... Trust me...

And yes it comes as a kit (at the very lease amps and power supply) I believe it comes with a show card too...

Ltk just keep in mind what Arg was saying about the cost :p. You will need some fancy lasers to analog modulate them... I really want to get faster galvos at some point...

I'd check with space as directly first they might get you a better price... Animations are totally where it's at anyway... Trust me...

And yes it comes as a kit (at the very lease amps and power supply) I believe it comes with a show card too...

Ltk just keep in mind what Arg was saying about the cost :p. You will need some fancy lasers to analog modulate them... I really want to get faster galvos at some point...

Lily works at SpaceLas so the prices she is giving us should be the same. For a set of PT-30K its 170USD + 35USD shipping charges. The shipping can vary depending on where they are shipped, but for both the US and Denmark (where I am at) the price is 35USD :-)

Best regards

Lily works at SpaceLas so the prices she is giving us should be the same. For a set of PT-30K its 170USD + 35USD shipping charges. The shipping can vary depending on where they are shipped, but for both the US and Denmark (where I am at) the price is 35USD :-)

Best regards

Yea that's a good price... I didn't know she actually worked for space las... Makes that eBay one hardly seem worth it for like 50 bucks. 10k pps extra is a lot... Plus the eBay ones are likely under spec whereas the space las ones are probably pretty close... I have heard lots of good things about them.

I know my 10k rated scanner doesn't super impress me for graphics and leaves me wanting to upgrade (tho my whole projector cost less than those 30k galvos). I am probably going to end up with a set of PT-30s as well when my wallet recovers.

I have just sent payment for a set of scanners, now the unbearable wait starts :-)

I bought a set of PT-30K and a ShowCard. With shipping to Denmark I paid 260USD all inclusive.

Awesome glad to hear it... I expect you will be very happy with them..

That's not a bad price for all that gear.. I am sure it's a lot better than that random eBay stuff.

if you bought from laser showlily, you should actually get your scanner soon. she usually ships DHL. one member got it in like 3 days

michael.

Hmm. So did you buy them from an ebay seller or spacelabs? I think this may be my DIY project for the upcoming winter. Man this crap adds up fast. I think based on what you paid for the glavos, and what I've looked into for laser parts i'm already up to almost 500 bucks! and that'll be for under a 1W scanner! :scared:

He bought them from lasershowlilly / Spacelas (the guys that make the PT-30s)

Don't forget the DAC, the software, lasers that support analog modulation, laser drivers, dichros, mounts, a case, an optcis platform, good glasses for aligning the lasers, a power supply and a show card... You can harvest some things from your Reke if you want... Arg was saying his build cost over $1500...

^^^^ my build isn't finished yet but i am at about 1200. =(
but i'm pretty sure i have all the parts and software already.

michael.

Ah. Ok. I wasn't sure if they had an ebay store or something too.

Anyhow as for my tentative projector I'll have my Audiolase DAC (once it gets here) and Spaghetti that I can reuse. I did a quick tally and not including an optical tray (I'll probably use MDF like LaserAdct) and a case the total comes to $576.Depending on how that GB for the 30k galvos goes I can save about 75-100 bucks that way.

I'm aiming for about half a watt of total output so like the Reke it's relatively safe to use in the house. I'm going to probably go with a mix of higher quality things (galvos and drivers) that I can reuse in a future build and some cheaper things like o-like's dichros and green module because I can almost g'tee I'll screw something up and would rather not ruin expensive ones.

I think they only sell through their site and resellers.

I might be in on that GB if it ever happens... Last time they tried it failed though...
I don't know how analog your going to get out of cheap lasers though...

Lily has several selling posts. I just send her a PM asking about prices etc. Considering the wait for a gb and the actual price I paid, the gb isnt worth the wait imo. I will update this post with shipping time and pictures etc once my package arrives. I bought the 40USD DAC from LaserBoy and a cmedia external usb soundcard from DX for 15USD. Im almost set for parts, just need a casing to put it all in more or less.

IM LOST FOR WORDS!!!

I ordered the scanners from Spacelas, through lasershowlily, on 1st of september. DHL just called me and asked if I was home to accept the delivery TODAY! Thats 5 days from when I ordered till delivery. And thats all the way from China to Denmark.

Lily was super professional all through the very short process :-) I can recommend dealing with Spacelas through her on LPF. Thumbs up. I will post some pics when the package arrives.

DHL is super quick.. They are good at what they do..
I have received packages from China in under 3 days before.

Everything was in perfect order and worked as it should. The ShowCard was fun for about 5 minutes o.O

I ordered a LaserBoy DAC 1½ weeks ago and just got a mail that the order was cancelled since it is sold out :-( Anyone know a good alternative that is priced in the same range?

I am still waiting for my Cmedia soundcard from DX so I have some time to get a DAC. Until then my scanners will gather dust ^^

img0281jq.jpg

First Test:
img0282yh.jpg

Let there be light :-)
img0293wu.jpg

img0362gw.jpg

img0369cg.jpg

Best regards

Back