Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about blu ray visibility

Ace82

Interesting explanation.  So, Since our - (negative) sight is more powerful then our + sight (dark eye adaption / light eye adaption), since is on the opposite side of the UV COLOR IR spectrum the color is more beautiful/attractive/captivating/hypnotizing/whatever, since there is just a bit more contrast to such a unique (and an extremely well focused low diverged beam) between the 405 violet and the dark then when compared to a 650nm in the light! lol.  ::)

EDIT: Is it possible to make your girlfriend throw up by simply taking a quick glance at the purple dot on the wall?

A visibility shot, and for some reason my camera picked up the actual color for the most part, instead of turning it bright blue like it usually does:

DSC00675.jpg

My first BR was made into a pointer by Daedal, and peak was ~15 mW, I too, saw only a Grey ghost of a beam, lately I bought a BR pointer from Milos, and this one is ~30 mW , so, now, I can see a truly violet beam at night and love the color!

I can easily see the beam of my 100mw BR at night when my eyes are scotopic-adapted. But even if I focus it to infinity, the beam looks really thick in the night sky, not as thin as a red or a green with really high divergence. Is it just because my eyes have trouble with focusing on this wavelength? HAve anybody else experienced it?

daguin

LazerGuy said:
I can easily see the beam of my 100mw BR at night when my eyes are scotopic-adapted. But even if I focus it to infinity, the beam looks really thick in the night sky, not as thin as a red or a green with really high divergence. Is it just because my eyes have trouble with focusing on this wavelength? HAve anybody else experienced it?

Yes, and no. It is more difficult to focus on. However, this frequency "scatters" more in the air than the other colors

Yes. Most if not all see the 405nm beam this way.

Peace,
dave

I dont know about you, but i am kinda daltonic (color blind), not THAT much, but i have trouble differencing reds from browns and dark greens. so today i was in the bathroom and as every afternoon, the sun hits the glass "covers" (dk the name in english) of the shower and it works as a prism, diffracting white light from the sun into red, green & blue. the walls are WHITE and the colours are really cool to see, but i have to "apply some dark" :p with an arm or something for me to actually see the red properly. on the other hand it's really easy to see the blue and green.

i guess it really depends on everybody's eyes.