Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about a Laser

Hi,there guys greetins form Bulgaria
DX ships a lot of lasers to Bulgaria and i am wandering what laser to get.

1. DealExtreme: $37.50 SD-303 Focusable Stars Light 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Battery Set (1*18650)
100 mW and 150mW

2. Laser Pen 100+ mW which is selled by DX, and some are already shipped to my country

3.DealExtreme: $30.00 SD-200 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Strap (1*CR2)

4.DealExtreme: $27.09 High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime)
100mW 200mW

None of these lasers will output the power that the product description claims.

I just need to bu one of them an i am wandering what it will be ..
I am going to use the laser in physics labs, mirrors lens, full reflection, burning stuff ( e.g mathes ), powerpoint presentation pointer

I need you opinion guys you are the experts :D

Last edited:

anselm

Hello and welcome to the LPF!

I can see almost nothing on those pictures.
But isn't that a charger for NiCad and NiMh?
You CANNOT use it to recharge LiIon (3.7volt) batteries.

Also, 18650 are bigger than AAs.
14500 is the same size as AA. ;)

Ok i am glat that i asked, because in my country these batteries are very hard to find ( or they are not selled like 3.7V AA shaped one ), too expencive ( CR2 - 10 BGL = 6.7 USD ) . So, tell me about laser to 30 USD max which can use AA or AAA batteries. If i cannot find a laser i have 2 buy Royfoss pen or DX ones.

10x you are the best ! :bday:

I think this thread probably belongs in the general section since it's not a review of any laser or laser related product.

.DealExtreme: $27.09 High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime)
this one may be a good choice.

BTW, you start this thread in the wrong place, you can put it in the company section or the general section

Last edited:
I second John7788. I own this laser. This Red Laser is a very good laser considering its price. It does what DX say it does, i.e, it burns matches, it can make a hole in a cd case, etc. It also has a nice beam and dot. However, contrary to DX report, the beam isn't visible at daytime. It is also focusable.

Cheap regareable batteries can be found here, and a charger can be found here.

I second John7788. I own this laser. This Red Laser is a very good laser considering its price. It does what DX say it does, i.e, it burns matches, it can make a hole in a cd case, etc. It also has a nice beam and dot. However, contrary to DX report, the beam isn't visible at daytime. It is also focusable.

Cheap regareable batteries can be found here, and a charger can be found here.

Yeah a clegue of mine has that laser. Its good, but its not powered with easy to find batteries like AAA ana AA in Bulgaria.

I do not knot that this laser will break at the 2-nd day or not. I mean i like it, but ALL i have purchised from the web is PC-games ... and that's why I am not shure.

He tested a bunch in THIS THREAD. THIS one was tested at 131mW. The one you linked to is untested, but is probably 100-150mW

You are right, but this or the pens are the only options I have. I need portable aser style anyway.

BTW checkout this site http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ They sell pretty good stuff too.
Here is the liser i need
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/200mw-532nm-green-beam-laser-pointer-pen-w-2xaa-batteries.html
I didn'n see their shipping time, but for Bulgaria i guess is about 7-14 days.

Last edited:
I do not knot that this laser will break at the 2-nd day or not. I mean i like it, but ALL i have purchised from the web is PC-games ... and that's why I am not shure.

You are right, but this or the pens are the only options I have. I need portable aser style anyway.

BTW checkout this site Electronic digital products and spare parts accessories wholesale goodluckbuy.com They sell pretty good stuff too.
Here is the liser i need
200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer Pen w/2xAA batteries $43.48 FS&H @ GoodLuckBuy.com
I didn'n see their shipping time, but for Bulgaria i guess is about 7-14 days.

Hello,glad to know you!
we have tested many of our lasers, but haven't test this one yet, sorry.
you can read the thread in my signature, "the real outout of priceagels lasers", some of tested lasers are listed in the thread.

Thanks